What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R2 | Sun | Tigers 28-18 Panthers | Campbelltown

Round 2: Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
If both teams play like they did in Round 1 then the Panthers will win by 30+ and get a nice boost to F/A.

But I just can't imagine that the Tigers will play as poorly as they did in Round 1. That loss would surely have fired them up, and with guys like Farah and Marshall in the team, I can see them being able to bounce back and grab a win against a roster that is very weak on paper.

I think Panthers should be a good chance here. But one round of form is a bit hard to judge teams off. Especially with sides like the Panthers and Tigers who have been extremely inconsistent in recent years.

GongPanther

Referee
The Penrith club could have said (to the media)"Yea we won,but we could have played really better,especially in attack,so we will make amends next week"

Thats the one thing that the Tigers are going to have to contend with a team like the Panthers that are going to get better week to week.

This aint no flash in the pan team as the Panthers are a very different unit these days.

Kilkenny

Coach
If both teams play like they did in Round 1 then the Panthers will win by 30+ and get a nice boost to F/A.

But I just can't imagine that the Tigers will play as poorly as they did in Round 1. That loss would surely have fired them up, and with guys like Farah and Marshall in the team, I can see them being able to bounce back and grab a win against a roster that is very weak on paper.

I think Panthers should be a good chance here. But one round of form is a bit hard to judge teams off. Especially with sides like the Panthers and Tigers who have been extremely inconsistent in recent years.

The Panthers will not win by 30 plus that's for sure. I hope they can grind out a win but the Tigers will be much better that there round 1 loss.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Utai out with a 'neck injury' reddy into the wing

Tigers otherwise 1-17. Four forwards on the bench, never thought I'd see the day

Vic Mackey

Referee
Reckon he strained it watching other wingers outleap him for the past decade?

Hahaa very possibly

In other news the tigers are doing one of the worst ball work warm ups I've seen seen, they've dropped it on just about every play...

Vic Mackey

Referee
18 gone 6 all

Coote off with a shoulder injury

Panthers scored first, thought the ball was forward then on the replay looked like a chaser on the kick was offside

Tigers scored after a kotobiete break, got a penalty, farah took a quick tap and put Marshall over

Tigers have a huge breeze at their back

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers not completing their sets. 40% completion rate at the moment. Hard to imagine them being able to stay in the game with a completion rate that bad.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They've had a lot better field position then The tigers, don't know the penalty count but had a lot more of them too

mxlegend99

Referee
According to nrlstats its 2-1 in favor of Panthers. With a 7/13 completion rate which has swung completion to above 50% after being 4/10 and 1/4 earlier.

Obviously just watching the stats until it starts on channel 9. On stats it's hard to imagine a win.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Panthers had a lot more ball down the tigers end but no coote has made thier attack very bland. Looked well on top until the starting props went off.

Dissapointing kicking game from te tigers as they have a huge breeze at their baks but didn't take advantage of it

Clifferd

Coach
Should be 18-6 if Marshall didn't throw that dumb ass flick pass...would have been a great try too.

Oh well atleast we are playing alot better than last week, which is a start..

Latest posts