What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R5 | Mon | Storm 26-12 Tigers | AAMI

Round 5: Storm v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacDougall

First Grade
Who are the Tigers playing next week? After playing at that standard despite being interrupted 21 times they'll put 50 on anyone. Kind of like training at altitude you see.

thorson1987

Coach
Who are the Tigers playing next week? After playing at that standard despite being interrupted 21 times they'll put 50 on anyone. Kind of like training at altitude you see.

If they can play like the first 60 mins every week they should make the finals with ease.

The effort they put in defence wore them out though.

TimmyB

Juniors
I'm a Tigers' fan, but I'll buck the trend. I thought we deserved to be heavily penalized. Admittedly it seemed to go a little too far.

I was more frustrated by the 50/50s that didn't go against us. The penalty against Masila was criminal. If it was going to be a no try, they should have called that the tackle was complete as soon as Masila pushed Pettybourne in the back. That's the rule isn't it? To cop that call against us and the first Melbourne try really hurt.

There seemed to be a lot of knock on calls that didn't go our way too. The Tedesco (I think) knock on early in the second half, the knock on from Hoffman that was missed, the knock on call against Moltzen early in the first half. None of the calls were outrageous in isolation, but together they were hard to copy.

I think the saddest part of the night was watching Lawrence lumber after Cronk. He's a shadow of his former self. Dwyer and Tuiaki career ending injuries and Lawrence losing his pace to injury...tough run for our players.

redvforlife

Juniors

us, with no fullback.

so if they name Moltzen, we're even in that respect.

Bman26

Juniors
I'm a Tigers' fan, but I'll buck the trend. I thought we deserved to be heavily penalized. Admittedly it seemed to go a little too far.

I was more frustrated by the 50/50s that didn't go against us. The penalty against Masila was criminal. If it was going to be a no try, they should have called that the tackle was complete as soon as Masila pushed Pettybourne in the back. That's the rule isn't it? To cop that call against us and the first Melbourne try really hurt.

There seemed to be a lot of knock on calls that didn't go our way too. The Tedesco (I think) knock on early in the second half, the knock on from Hoffman that was missed, the knock on call against Moltzen early in the first half. None of the calls were outrageous in isolation, but together they were hard to copy.

I think the saddest part of the night was watching Lawrence lumber after Cronk. He's a shadow of his former self. Dwyer and Tuiaki career ending injuries and Lawrence losing his pace to injury...tough run for our players.

Not a Tigers fan but used to love watch Lawrence breaking away with ridiculous speed, don't even get me started on what a shame for Tuiaki!

Dani

Immortal
Tigers should hold their heads high. We were challenged for the most part of that game, really could have gone either way.

thorson1987

Coach
Not a Tigers fan but used to love watch Lawrence breaking away with ridiculous speed, don't even get me started on what a shame for Tuiaki!

I used to hate it when i played against him, because generally it was me he got around. Merkin.

stormbati

Bench
Tigers...such an ill-disciplined side. Then their skipper gives away a stupid penalty at a crucial time!

thorson1987

Coach

You can push your own player, but cant touch the opposition. Stupid rule. As you said should have been play the ball.

And our first try, i think the other ref said it was a try but just check it. Unfortunately couldn't find a camera angle the confirmed or denied it.

skeepe

Immortal
Pretty weak refereeing. Robinson warns Farah that someone will be binned if they keep infringing, they concede another 10 penalties and nobody sits down.

The thing is, you could easily have found another 10 penalties against the Tigers, what an ill-disciplined rabble.

northwest9

Juniors

It's refreshing to see some common sense in this thread.

The penalties were blown for infringements, dont twist a leg, you wont get penalised. its simple stuff. the commentators were raving about Aaron woods' work rate, it's easy to play lots of minutes when you have a 30 second power nap on the tackled player. They were warned and continued. The refs lost it, but the tigers discipline wasn't good enough. In saying that, fonua was the tigers best. He was loltzen-esque

If farah put half as much effort into footy as he does whinging about the refs, he'd be unstoppable. He lets shit get to him and then goes full genius.

Oh, and lol@bunniestard and the squeals spastics death riding the storm. Haynetrain and the suicide comments are a clear example of a sub par human

Canard

Immortal
As a neutral just returning from the game I was impressed by the Tigers. They were the better team for 60 mins. But the Storms class won out. The Tigers will win a lot of they continue with that sort of effort.

skeepe

Immortal

No, that's not the rule and if they ruled the way you want, well that WOULD have been criminal, as it would have contravened the laws of the game.

The rule you're thinking of is that a member of the ball-carrier's team may lend his weight to a tackle to prevent the ball-carrier from losing ground, and the referee should call held immediately that happens.

The key words you're looking for there are losing ground. A very, very different circumstance to what you're talking about. The moment Murdoch-Masila made contact with Vave, it had to be a penalty under the laws. No other option was available to the video ref on that one.

stormbati

Bench
Anyway, I thought Waqa was awesome in his return and debutant Kenny Bromwich looks a keeper.

Fonua dropped a couple balls but he tried his heart out and madea crucial break at the end.

Farrah shouldve lead by example when Storm hit the front but he was too busy trying to get knocked out by Slater.

gronkathon

First Grade
LOL Slater looked like he would crap his dacks before throwing one.

Blair is a grub but Bromwich is not far behind

Evenflow

Bench
It always makes a win that bit sweeter when you get home and read the inevitable drivel from the usual butt hurt arseclowns in the Storm game thread lol

Another scrappy performance from our blokes and while that's a bit worrying, it's also very pleasing that they've been nowhere near their best yet are are still undefeated with plenty of improvement to be had.

Latest posts