What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Semi Final | New Zealand 20-18 England | Wembley

Semi Final: NZ v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paullyboy

Coach
Kiwis don't call Americans "seppos". Are you sure you're not Australian?

That's not actually true.

Whilst you are correct that the term originated from Australia, it's not exclusively used by Australians. It was coined by the surfing community in Australia and due to the global nature of the sport it has become commonly used throughout the surfing community across the globe. There are plenty of kiwis that use the term.

Tone83

Juniors
Kiwis no doubt heard and adopted the term while swinging from our nuts. I mean they're hardly a world away, they're basically just another tasmania.

WireMan

Bench
I don't recall Ablett being punched by any half back of note. Not one that's won anything anyway. If he didn't punch back, maybe it was because he didn't want to scuff one of his 5 superleague winners rings? :D

Wireman. Always good value :lol:

A half back that has won at the new Wembley though... ;-)

You have been their to watch a game of rugby yeah?
I'm sure Kev will manage to find a way of not bottling it there one day.

Typical Leeds fan, living in the same world as Mcbanana. :lol:

Izz

Bench
That's not actually true.

Whilst you are correct that the term originated from Australia, it's not exclusively used by Australians. It was coined by the surfing community in Australia and due to the global nature of the sport it has become commonly used throughout the surfing community across the globe. There are plenty of kiwis that use the term.
Interesting. I've never heard a kiwi say it, myself.

WireMan

Bench
will you two get a room or something....

:lol:

Yes sir.

We can stop now for this comp.
Mcbanana managed to do everything expected of him. From an unbalanced squad to a stupid semi final team via having no control over his squad and being a moody sh*t when asked any questions from the media and going so far as to accuse one of lying.

Quality stuff from him.

I'm sure we will pick it up in the new season though!!! :D

Onto the final.
The one benefit from England not being there is i can actually enjoy the game. :)

LeedsStorm

Juniors
I actually think he'll get the gig for another season, McNamara. We can criticise selections (albeit with no insight whatsoever) but at the end of the day, england have shown they have the talent pool required, the players just need to be playing less games in a season but at a higher intensity. I'm hoping the momentum the world cup has started influences the decisions made in the restructure. No doubt they will disappoint :D

WireMan

Bench
I actually think he'll get the gig for another season, McNamara. We can criticise selections (albeit with no insight whatsoever) but at the end of the day, england have shown they have the talent pool required, the players just need to be playing less games in a season but at a higher intensity. I'm hoping the momentum the world cup has started influences the decisions made in the restructure. No doubt they will disappoint :D

No insight?

Picking Ablett and Farrell in the same squad was a waste of a spot.
Not picking Ferres in the original squad then bringing him straight into the first team.
Picking Mossop and Tom Burgess in front of Crabtree left us very light in the prop department (double bad when trying to play a tight forwards based game).
Picking Hardaker to cover centre where he is not very good. Regardless off him and his disciplinary issues (unless Tanya was lying of course Macca) he was a waste of a squad place and a proper centre could have been picked in his place.

That was always going to happen.

Not sure why anyone thought otherwise.

The player who gave the pen away at the end of the game plays in the NRL. So no amount of extra intense games would of changed that.
Unless you think Sinfield needs experience playing in big games?
Everyone else was fine.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
No insight?

Picking Ablett and Farrell in the same squad was a waste of a spot.
Not picking Ferres in the original squad then bringing him straight into the first team.
Picking Mossop and Tom Burgess in front of Crabtree left us very light in the prop department (double bad when trying to play a tight forwards based game).
Picking Hardaker to cover centre where he is not very good. Regardless off him and his disciplinary issues (unless Tanya was lying of course Macca) he was a waste of a squad place and a proper centre could have been picked in his place.

That was always going to happen.

Not sure why anyone thought otherwise.

The player who gave the pen away at the end of the game plays in the NRL. So no amount of extra intense games would of changed that.
Unless you think Sinfield needs experience playing in big games?
Everyone else was fine.

The misguided wisdom of the armchair fan :D Watching sky sports and reading f**king rugbyleague magazine does not give you sufficient insight to pick an international squad you plum!

Look, I'm with you regarding how aussies over-rate the NRL compared to the superleague (and I've been a member of a club in both comps), but the fact of the matter is the offseason in SL is half that of the NRL. Ellis, Graham and Burgess have all commented on the benefits of this. Unless you are secretly a highly experienced ex player, sports scientist or have some access to information the rest of us fans don't, their opinion holds more weight than yours fella.

Cheers!

WireMan

Bench

The misguided wisdom of the armchair fan :D Watching sky sports and reading f**king rugbyleague magazine does not give you sufficient insight to pick an international squad you plum!

Look, I'm with you regarding how aussies over-rate the NRL compared to the superleague (and I've been a member of a club in both comps), but the fact of the matter is the offseason in SL is half that of the NRL. Ellis, Graham and Burgess have all commented on the benefits of this. Unless you are secretly a highly experienced ex player, sports scientist or have some access to information the rest of us fans don't, their opinion holds more weight than yours fella.

Cheers!

Yet you cannot bring yourself to disagree with anything i said. :roll:

Instead of that nothing you would of said something like "Farrell was used in the squad like X" or "Just because the guy who gave the last min pen actually plays in the NRL so gets a long offseason, this didn't make my point about the longer break for NRL players redundant as in actual relevant fact because Y".

I will let you decide what X and Y is.
Then you can actually say something meaningful in a reply.

As you are clearly more than just someone who "just watches Sky and read some mag" but someone who is an actual real life member(!!) of a club (does that mean you go to games?) I am sure you will think of something.

I'd hate to think you will just say some petty insult, that would be a bit sad and boring. ;-)

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Yet you cannot bring yourself to disagree with anything i said. :roll:

Instead of that nothing you would of said something like "Farrell was used in the squad like X" or "Just because the guy who gave the last min pen actually plays in the NRL so gets a long offseason, this didn't make my point about the longer break for NRL players redundant as in actual relevant fact because Y".

I will let you decide what X and Y is.
Then you can actually say something meaningful in a reply.

As you are clearly more than just someone who "just watches Sky and read some mag" but someone who is an actual real life member(!!) of a club (does that mean you go to games?) I am sure you will think of something.

I'd hate to think you will just say some petty insult, that would be a bit sad and boring. ;-)

:lol: Never been one for algebra

Just a fan mate. With the opinion that the reason we haven't won anything for so long isnt because of several bad coaches making several bad player selections.

WireMan

Bench
:lol: Never been one for algebra

Just a fan mate. With the opinion that the reason we haven't won anything for so long isnt because of several bad coaches making several bad player selections.

Not interested in so long or several coaches etc.

The squad for this competition was not close to balanced or well thought through and the team picked for the semi must have been done in a rush on the morning of the game as it was terrible.

It was almost like he cracked well before the comp started as he blew it then.
It may explain why he was in a mood for the whole comp. :lol:

Blake

Juniors
I give the Kiwi's 35% chance of upsetting Australia in the final.

I won't be too disappointed if they don't win. I'm use to them coming second to Australia.

The best thing about this world cup was beating England. Seeing the Pommy faces when the conversion went over was gold.

Hey engerland fans you need to remind your team to play the full 80, that's how the games played in the NRL.

NRL 1 Superleague 0

You're an Australian pretending to be a Kiwi though...bro.

Nope. Never even been there mate. Not even for a visit. Which make me more Kiwi than plastic Kiwis pretenders like Cayless, Foran, Hoffman, Goodwin, Pritchard, ....etc.

Now why don't you stop pretending that you're not a moron, Bobby, because you are not fooling anyone with this little act of yours.

We're not mates. I roast sheep like you.

You're a plastic aussie pretender like Tamou, Teo, Hunt, Carroll & Thorn.

Stop pretending to be from the great nation of NZ. You're not fooling anyone with this little act of yours.

Bitch.