What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Sat | Cowboys 8-12 Roosters | 1300SMILES

Round 10: Cowboys v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDR

First Grade
pathetic and cowardly attack let us down as per usual

nobody out there willing to give it their all

Jason Maher

Immortal
I reckon the stadium sponsorship has done it. How can any team take themselves seriously running out onto 1300SMILES Stadium?

Cowboys may have gotten us on a dry track. I feel the game would have been a cracker if it weren't raining.

Our best win of the year. Our toughest win I would say since Bulldogs, 2005 at Stadium Australia. Cowboys are better than their ladder position they would have defeated most teams tonight. That spell late in the first half where we deflected a few passes out effectively won us the game.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Cows attack has disappeared because JT has disappeared, ever since he signed that big contract. I knew that would probably happen and called it a mile away. There is immense pressure on him to perform now and he just isn't.

Danish

Referee
The cowboys attack disappeared for the same reason the Broncos, Dogs etc attack disappeared when we played them....

BECAUSE OUR DEFENCE IS f**kING AWESOME.

Seriously why are people still scratching their heads and wondering why teams are struggling to score points against us? We are the best defensive team in the comp by some margin. Just a pity we can't hold the f**king ball the last few weeks

The cowboys attack disappeared for the same reason the Broncos, Dogs etc attack disappeared when we played them....

Seriously why are people still scratching their heads and wondering why teams are struggling to score points against us? We are the best defensive team in the comp by some margin. Just a pity we can't hold the f**king ball the last few weeks

^^ All of this.

Cowboys would've beaten most teams tonight with all the territory and possession they had.

Let them go. Nobody wants to give our team respect. Not our problem.

Geohood

Bench
I know haha... every team has seemed to have an off night against us, then miraculously play well the week after.

Didgi

Cowboys have NFI in attack. What has happened, these guys used to be so dangerous?

they need a hooker

Bingo. Thompson looked the goods there early on in the game, then the defence figured out he was taking right options and focused a bit more on rushing the receiver.
The Cows attack has disappeared because JT has disappeared, ever since he signed that big contract. I knew that would probably happen and called it a mile away. There is immense pressure on him to perform now and he just isn't.

Yeah, nah.

No doubt the Roosters defence deserves full marks, no doubt whatsoever. However, our issues in attack have plagued us for weeks and they aren't relenting now. We're cramped, there's no depth and for the most part we don't have quick halves attacking the line. Set plays are unheard of. It seemed on the up when Tariq turned himself into a wrecking ball the last couple of weeks, but tonight he was shut down fairly effectively.

Danish

Referee
I reckon Thurston and Bowen laid on what would have been 3-4 tries tonight which were shut down by desperation defence. You had ball runners get through the line off of good balls a few times but somehow a rooster managed an ankle dap or last ditch legs tackle to bring them down a metre short.

Honestly the cows attack hasn't been the best of late, but against most teams you score 24-30 points tonight IMO.

Was a relentless defensive games from both teams TBH. We didn't have much ball or field position but that was largely on the back of the cowboys just belting the christ out of our forwards for 80 minutes

reanimate

Bench

Agreed, Roosters' defence is amazing. The only way teams can score is by kicking and hoping for a good result!

BranVan3000

Coach
I think the Roosters have some great defence, but Cowboys never looked like they were trying to score. They were making fantastic meters, earning penalties, getting repeat sets. But they never really looked like they were trying to get the ball over the line, they seemed to be just waiting for it to happen. I didn't see any forwards smashing it up off the short ball or backs creating real pressure out wide. And it seemed like when Thurston or Bowen did slot the ball behind the line there were either no chasers or nobody jumping to contest. The team was just standing back waiting for somebody else to do it and it never happened.

Based on their repeat sets and possession stats they should have won that game, they need some finishing ability

Roosters on the other hand deserve all credit for an iron wall of defence. But saying that, their were some chips in the armour. Most notably the halves, and more specifically Mitchell Pearce. His poor kicking kept them out of that game, I don't think Roosters got a repeat set all night? He had a few shockers, like passing over the sideline. They wouldn't build any pressure if not for Maloney. Secondly were the forwards who didn't build any momentum. I think Roosters have some forwards like Cordner who are fantastic tacklers, and guys like SBW who are just a danger close to the line . But you could tell they were missing JWH's meter gaining ability. SBW stepped in a bit, but I think he is wasted in that role. Their bench also doesn't seem to provide the greatest impact

adamkungl

Immortal
Most notably the halves, and more specifically Mitchell Pearce. His poor kicking kept them out of that game, I don't think Roosters got a repeat set all night? He had a few shockers, like passing over the sideline. They wouldn't build any pressure if not for Maloney.

2 sublime try assists and a repeat set, actually. Not bad considering Cowboys spent the game camped on our line.

He did get a repeat set :lol: would have been a try had Bowen not got in the way.

Where do these nuffies like Bran come from? Clearly they don't watch games. Pearce doesn't find fullbacks and wingers when kicking out of our own end but his kicking game is poor lol

We have like 43% of the ball and you read this moron "his kicking game is poor"

adamkungl

Immortal
He did get a repeat set :lol: would have been a try had Bowen not got in the way.

Where do these nuffies like Bran come from? Clearly they don't watch games. Pearce doesn't find fullbacks and wingers when kicking out of our own end but his kicking game is poor lol

We have like 43% of the ball and you read this moron "his kicking game is poor"

Just souffs fans blowing smoke up Reynolds arse... yawn

I think the Roosters have some great defence, but Cowboys never looked like they were trying to score. They were making fantastic meters, earning penalties, getting repeat sets. But they never really looked like they were trying to get the ball over the line, they seemed to be just waiting for it to happen. I didn't see any forwards smashing it up off the short ball or backs creating real pressure out wide. And it seemed like when Thurston or Bowen did slot the ball behind the line there were either no chasers or nobody jumping to contest. The team was just standing back waiting for somebody else to do it and it never happened.

Based on their repeat sets and possession stats they should have won that game, they need some finishing ability

Roosters on the other hand deserve all credit for an iron wall of defence. But saying that, their were some chips in the armour. Most notably the halves, and more specifically Mitchell Pearce. His poor kicking kept them out of that game, I don't think Roosters got a repeat set all night? He had a few shockers, like passing over the sideline. They wouldn't build any pressure if not for Maloney. Secondly were the forwards who didn't build any momentum. I think Roosters have some forwards like Cordner who are fantastic tacklers, and guys like SBW who are just a danger close to the line . But you could tell they were missing JWH's meter gaining ability. SBW stepped in a bit, but I think he is wasted in that role. Their bench also doesn't seem to provide the greatest impact

Everything about this post is so wrong. It's like he's assuming what happened based on the Souths/Cowboys game and the Manly/Roosters game last week :lol: