What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // Origin II // Wed 18 // NSW 6-4 QLD // ANZ

Origin II: Blues or Maroons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
I'm being bias but I don't think I'm too far off the mark when I say that Cartwright should not be thrown in the deep end of SOO.

He is far too much of a talent to have his confidence destroyed by some meaningless game by some thug in potentially buggering him up forever.

For me,I'll have another look and watch the game again to refresh my memories to call the MoM.

No, you're right. He isn't even quite ready for first grade yet. But the point was if you don't need halves, might as well have someone with some skills.

wibble

Bench
So if following the coach's instructions and getting the win is the criteria, well Gallen deserves his MoM.

Not really sure what else he can do.

If a half floats behind the line in defense on the last play all match, ready for a sneaky kick, and diffuses say 20 dangerous attacking situations, gets smashed repeatedly for his efforts, but gets up and takes another catch, and everyone says "but he should be setting up tries", but the game and team don't give the half any attacking chances, I think he deserves praise for his extraordinairy defensive efforts, rather than blame for "tiring himself out".

Some games don't allow much other than forward charges. Finals are often like that. Origin matches too, except when NSW are so inept that anyone could beat them (i.e. NSW from most of the last 8 years).

If a match goes like that, then the forward who busts himself the most, makes the most metres, makes the best contribution to defense, still gets some attack going despite the hard slog, deserves the highest praise. Several NSW forwards were like that, but are being called selfish for busting themselves every play, when that is what the game called for, and that is what gave NSW the advantage.

When a change in tactic is needed, the halves job is to do that, and the NSW halves did it adequately enough to win. But they had some very good forwards giving them that chance. Unlike the QLD halves.

Dragon

Coach
Can't believe any NSW fan can be f**ked criticizing anyone on their team tonight. f**k yourselves seriously. It's been 9 years since we won a series. Just revel in it a bit.

This. Top f**king game with a fairytale finish get f**ked you maroon cuties

:C:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Anybody judging DCE this early is an idiot.

NSW win. What did I say all along? I was flamed for it. But I never wavered. I knew NSW would be too good tonight.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I think the Blues really felt the pressure out there tonight. It looked to me like the players knew they were carrying the hopes of 7 million New South Welshmen. They may have won real ugly, but the point is they won. Reynolds and Hodkinson aren't and never will be the equals of the players Queensland can name, but they are decent players nonetheless. No way should they be written off.

Fingerbang

Bench
I reckon the Gallen motm was awarded for him giving his all for the last 8 or 9 series, not just tonight. I too thought Hoffman was the best player out there tonight, and I certainly think that NSW lose easily if Farah didn't play. His contribution to the team was enormous tonight.

dragonsrule10

Juniors
Great game of footy, ugly to watch but enthralling nonetheless. NSW did a great job to win with an inept five eighth; Hoffman was outstanding, defensively Dugan and Hoppa went a lot better than I expected, gutsy stuff by all involved. Fantastic to finally get a win after a long drought. Go NSW!

Lol big bad Gal is a myth haha anyway good work NSW a well deserved victory.

Off to bed for 3 hours and back up for the Socceroos haga

A myth who's smacked half your team without response.

QLD, can't win the game and couldn't even win the biff, pitiful

I notice your man Hodges was carrying on too and then changed his mind when Bird was keen to walk to the side for a crack, Hodges suddenly lacked the will to walk around the ref, despite grubbing it up on Hodges all night

Team of cats. :lol:

Lol at qlders blaming the loss on Shane Hayne. He was QLD best this series. Pearce missing out is why you lost.

Shane Hayne admitted that Myles punched Tamou but still didn't walk him despite knowing the rules on punching. How QLD can construe him as being on the NSW side is preposterous

QLD were niggling from the get go and didn't like it when NSW clocked on that the refs weren't doing shit and gave it back with interest :b:

Gould's biased commentary in the last 5 minutes was horrendous viewing as a QLD supporter, imagine if Wally Lewis was doing that.

:lol:

Which is exactly what Wally would be doing if he had the talent to sit where Gould was sat. As it happens he was still riding QLD hard, shouting, screaming and whooping like a f**kwit as he usually does whenever QLD did something (see the disallowed Thaiday try)

Cammo

Bench
Anybody judging DCE this early is an idiot.

NSW win. What did I say all along? I was flamed for it. But I never wavered. I knew NSW would be too good tonight.

Out of 2000 predictions you finally got 1 right. Your record is still shit

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Can't wait to read the butthurt from the courier fail :lol:

Two paragraphs on page 78?

When things don't go Queensland's way, the Courier Fail prefers to ignore.

When Cadel Evans won the Tour de France, the coverage was half a page. If he was a Queenslander, it would have been a souvenir edition with a 16 page liftout.

Total f**king ignorant merkins.

Meth

Staff member
Out of 2000 predictions you finally got 1 right. Your record is still shit

According to BM, NSW won because they gained the psychological advantage when Reynolds took the quick tap. :crazy:

Canard

Immortal
In the end QLD made to many errors and didn't capitalise on NSW mistakes.

Putting all the refs calls aside, we still had a chance to win and couldn't. NSW were the better team and deserved it.

Can we bring back the biff though?

PS Dave Taylor has had his papers stamped, which is a positive.