What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R2 | Fri | CRO 2-10 BRI | Remondis

Round 2: Sharks v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paullyboy

Coach
Idiots in the media frequently tell us rugby league is dying. They are generally just fools who are trying to pump up some other flash in the pan sport.

However, the nrl would be dead in a year if we had too many games like this one. Deplorable doesn't begin to cut it. Last nights rerun of Escape to the Country on 7-two was a significant upgrade on the Sharks v Broncos shit.

AMD

Juniors
Idiots in the media frequently tell us rugby league is dying. They are generally just fools who are trying to pump up some other flash in the pan sport.

However, the nrl would be dead in a year if we had too many games like this one. Deplorable doesn't begin to cut it. Last nights rerun of Escape to the Country on 7-two was a significant upgrade on the Sharks v Broncos shit.

Bit of an exaggeration I think. It certainly wasn't the greatest game I've seen, but definitely not the worst either. The bore factor for mine came down to Hadley, my god he is a sh*t caller.

Thought there were a few positives for both teams tbh. Bronco's defense was good, and i liked the look of some their attacking plays. Sharks looked good in patches, Barba needs to move from 5/8 though, he killed a lot of plays. Both need to work on mistakes but.

Maroon4life

Juniors

Supports the raiders.

Complains about a lack of quality football.

We will improve but you'll be shit forever.

ram raid

Bench
I kept watching Barba wondering if he's going to do anything besides catch and pass. But nope. How can this electric talent have been reduced to this? It's really quite sad. And Milford is not looking very happy at 5/8 either. Too early to write him off just yet but the signs are not good.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
The Sharks need to find another halves option (recruit) and shift Barba to fullback, Gordon offers them nothing there atm

Snappy

Coach
I think for Raiders fans they're just relishing in the fact there was an ordinary game of football, and their team wasn't involved, considering there were quite a few horrible games last season featuring their team.

Kiwi

First Grade
An ugly game and not one you'd want to use to convert somebody into a Rugby League fan but I'm optimistic.

Saw plenty of good signs out there and can see some pieces coming together. It's the start of a long road but I like the look of the destination.

Disappointed for Cronulla fans. Thought after ASADA and the year some of their recruits had they'd want to prove a point or two but they've been underperforming and guilty of some really stupid mistakes. They're a better team than what they've shown so far but changes are required. Given everything they've gone through, I really hope there is a silver lining for them somewhere.

I agree with this. I think both sides will improve as the year goes on. Both teams have new players in key positions. TBH I don't expect things to be clicking with either of these two teams till somewhere around and close to round 10ish. they just need to keep chipping away, jag as many wins as they can to stay in touch with thr top 8 as much as they can until they start finding their feet in attack.

Kiwi

First Grade

Bit of an exaggeration. It wasn't pretty, but it's only round two and both sides will improve drastically over the year.

bileduct

Coach
Rugby League should be taken out to the paddock and put out of it's misery after this shiteful game.

Probably the worst game of football in the modern era.

Kiwi

First Grade
Then it will be this....
You and every other Broncos hater wishes that was going to be the case. Besides we have enough off contract that if need be Bennett can promote and recruit players that we need. We are rebuilding after the Henjak/Griffin years it won't take us long.

Card Shark

Immortal
The Sharks need to find another halves option (recruit) and shift Barba to fullback, Gordon offers them nothing there atm

I like Gordon but he just isn't that great for us, although he did get player of the year last year - lol.

He played his best footy on the wing & that's where he should go. Barba to fullback would then be a given....but we don't have any halves as it is.

Barba was a freakish talent a few short years ago but is lost at 5/8. He had last year to adapt to it but it clearly isn't to his liking. Now we are losing, don't expect him to get better there.

Snappy

Coach
People seem to be forgetting that Ben Barba played half of last season at fullback and was bog average there too.

Kiwi

First Grade
I like Gordon but he just isn't that great for us, although he did get player of the year last year - lol.

He played his best footy on the wing & that's where he should go. Barba to fullback would then be a given....but we don't have any halves as it is.

Barba was a freakish talent a few short years ago but is lost at 5/8. He had last year to adapt to it but it clearly isn't to his liking. Now we are losing, don't expect him to get better there.
It's a shame the Sharks lost Townsend to the Warriors. Sharks should make a play for someone like Malony and shift Barba.

Kiwi

First Grade
Well, what's happened to him?

No injuries - all in his head?
TBH Barba wasn't suited to Griffinball. He played in a backline that had Hoffman killing most attacking raids and by the time he was shifted he had no time to adjust. I think Barba can play 6 but he is a better fullback. He is a big confidence player and if the Sharks get a couple of good wins in a row and his confidence goes up, even at 6 he could help the Sharks get some really good momentum and make them dangerous. Getting that confidence will be the hardest part.

ram raid

Bench
Well, what's happened to him?

No injuries - all in his head?

I think it must be a confidence thing. I remember when he was playing off the bench for Canterbury he would come on in the halves for cameos and kill it. He just seems to have lost it.