What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R4 | Sun 12pm | WAR 16-24 BRI | Mt Smart

Round 4: Warriors v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maroon4life

Juniors
It's 2 points but it won't do us any good. Our forward pack is in all sorts. Several times in that 2nd half our halves showed how amateur they still are. This is the kind of game you'd like to see Ben Hunt step it up and kick us to a win when we needed it.

ellskimore

Juniors
No slight on Brisbane but the refereeing decisions at the end of that game were abysmal. I can sympathise with refs making honest mistakes but these guys need to be dropped. No excuses for those weighty decisions.

Snappy

Coach
Can you blame him?

images

Hutty1986

Immortal
And more importantly, NZ have won the toss and will bat. Will need something special from the Aussie bowlers!

Bovrick

Juniors
that was a spectacular level of derp from the Warriors at the end there. Wow. Good on them for getting close after that awful first half.

Red Bear

Referee
That try at the end was just ridiculous. Horrible decision. Video refs should not make howlers like that.

I thought in the lead up to the first try the broncos shouldn't have had the ball also. Looked like it came off a Broncos, rather than warriors player in the contest for the kick, got ruled knock on warriors and ended up scoring off the subsequent set.

Oh well. My tipping is rekt this week

TheFrog

Coach
No slight on Brisbane but the refereeing decisions at the end of that game were abysmal. I can sympathise with refs making honest mistakes but these guys need to be dropped. No excuses for those weighty decisions.

The last try should not have been given but it's the fault of the rule, and the game was won by then in any case. The penalty that gave Brisbane the lead was a fair pinch, the Warriors were all clearly a metre in front of the try line, and that is offside. AND the Warriors were wrestling in the play the ball. They could have been penalised for either infringement, right in front of their sticks. Not so smart, I'd suggest. Just because the scores are level with time running out does not mean you can break the rules of the game.

The Warriors made the most chances, and ran through the Broncos like a dose of salts in the second half, but continually lost the ball in scoring positions and played pot plant footy when it really mattered.

Sometimes, its not who gets the most chances, but who takes the chances they get.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The last try should not have been given but it's the fault of the rule, and the game was won by then in any case. The penalty that gave Brisbane the lead was a fair pinch, the Warriors were all clearly a metre in front of the try line, and that is offside. AND the Warriors were wrestling in the play the ball. They could have been penalised for either infringement, right in front of their sticks. Not so smart, I'd suggest. Just because the scores are level with time running out does not mean you can break the rules of the game.

The Warriors made the most chances, and ran through the Broncos like a dose of salts in the second half, but continually lost the ball in scoring positions and played pot plant footy when it really mattered.

Sometimes, its not who gets the most chances, but who takes the chances they get.

Nailed it. The Warriors had their chances when they were blasting up our middle 60 metres per set then bombing a great chance to score, and you wouldn't have got within a sniff in the first place if Maranta wasn't lazy as f**k and jumped for that ball that Manu knocked back for your last try

insert.pause

First Grade
last try was a knock on by nikorima, and once again luke patten was in the video ref box...

It made no difference to the result the game was dusted, Warriors couldn't hold onto the ball and even with all the running in the second half couldn't ice it, can't blame refs for that but the commentators either had no idea or were riding the warriors most of the game and if you were a casual viewer you would think the warriors had been completely dudded. Broncos were crap and warriors were slightly more crap, the whole game looked amateur, the 'home of rugby league' is an embarrassment.

BunniesMan

Immortal
20 years and this shows why they have never won a premiership. Generation after generation of players keep making the same mistakes. The bigger the moment the worse they play. All the talent in the world and they just keep getting the execution wrong.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Kata is a disaster of a player. Lolohea rubbish, Tomkins hugely missed. So too Hurrell. Very ordinary performance.

Kata playing his 4th game, Lolohea playing his 7th, it's questionable whether either would even be there if we were close to full strength. Writing them off already is just stupid.

The only positive any team can take from that is getting the two points so good on the Broncos. Neither team has the players to challenge for the title this year, but you still want to keep winning wherever possible so you can build that confidence for when you do have the team to challenge.