What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1995 World Cup Final

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah great game.

And its good that this is and the 1990 Game is still recognised as one of the great Australian sporting moments.

If Rugby League gets a mention in any of those top 100 youd say those 2 would definately be in there.

Considering in 1995 we were depleted with all the Super League players missing.

Add to that we lost the first game of the tournament against England, thrashed South Africa and Fiji but I think we lost Paul Harragon during the tournament. And then we had a really nervous match against New Zealand.

Still I remember getting up in the early hours in the morning and celebrating what we acheived.

Patorick

Staff member
Surprised They allowed it to be showed.

Especially the shout outs to Ark and Quayle at the end.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was at Wembley watching it, still gutted! Probably the best and only chance of me seeing GB/England win a World Cup.

Considering in 1995 we were depleted with all the Super League players missing.

Add to that we lost the first game of the tournament against England, thrashed South Africa and Fiji but I think we lost Paul Harragon during the tournament. And then we had a really nervous match against New Zealand.

Still I remember getting up in the early hours in the morning and celebrating what we acheived.

The 1995 Semi-Final went into extra time and was probably one of Brad Fittler's best games in the green and gold. It was 20 all at the end of regular time and Australia won 30-20 after 20 mins of extra time.

typicalfan

Coach
This game was really the beginning of the Johns era, he wasn't the best player in the game at this stage but you could see what was coming. The fact that he played as a hooker in defense and a half in attack was sensational. No other player I have ever seen could do that, let alone at the biggest stage.

Latest posts