What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$1million Chinese bid for Joel Griffiths

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt they'll get an offer more than $1 million for him tbh.

That makes him what, 100 times less the player Kaka is? :lol:

actually, 120

please dont mention those two in the same sentence fishy

Hanscholo

Bench
At least selling Griffiths is better than letting 1/4 walk on the basis of expired contracts. How the f**k do you lose players in a soccer league where transfers are banned and there is a salary cap and your WAY under it. Negotiating 101, only bluff when your able to or willing to walk away from something. I dont think the players were let walk were the kind that you just let leave over small amounts.

No such thing anymore. I think you mean the Lega Pro Seconda Divisione, although even then that's aiming rather too high. Serie D at best, although I feel he'd be more suited to a division like Eccellenza.

serie c2 ... lega pro whatever ... same division

NK Arsenal

Juniors
He's right, though. Griffiths is a fraud and would get found out in the top leagues overseas

I wouldn't call him a fraud, but he would get found out in the top overseas leagues like the Serie A, EPL and Bundesliga

He is championship material, though.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh surprise surprise. Old Skeepey boy has nothing positive to say about Newcastle or anything relating to the place. Who'da thunk it? :crazy:

At least it seems common sense has prevailed - for the time being at least. Good old Con's let go of Durante, North, Holland, Musialik and Bridge to name a few. At least he's not (well not yet anyway) letting go of Griffo.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Tbh, Joel should stop being a greedy c**k.

He signed the contract back in september that goes for three seasons, and now he wants to re-negotiate it.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
If we are going to sell him, it should be after the group stages of the ACL

We don't need him playing against us at EAS with Beijing Guoan

That would be a nightmare

sooperdooper

First Grade
They should have sold griffiths for that price.
$1 mill is massive money for any player leaving the a league.
With that mill they could have attracted a few decent players.

The jets are held back by the fact Con is Tight....

IanG

Coach
Well the Jets have already stated that he's "NOT FOR SALE" Plus he's their marqee player so they can pay him whatever they like.

Misanthrope

Staff member
When you look at the calibre of player Newcastle has lost versus what we've brought in, it really is a worrying state of affairs. I say sell Joel - he can't carry the team on his own, as evidenced this year: and a million wouldn't exactly go astray.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
When you look at the calibre of player Newcastle has lost versus what we've brought in, it really is a worrying state of affairs. I say sell Joel - he can't carry the team on his own, as evidenced this year: and a million wouldn't exactly go astray.

With Con in charge it certainly would

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Tend to agree NKA. Joel's the only thing keeping the Jets from being completely a laughing stock atm.

Frederick

Staff member
Jobber, the Jets are already a laughing stock, with or without Griffiths. Con's made sure of that. They're the worst run club in the country, even worse than the Knights. At least when the Knights let a sh*tload of players go two seasons ago we signed quality players to fill those gaps. What have the Jets done? Released quality players like Bridge, Musialik, and Durante, replaced them with world beaters like Hakaanson and that Ecuadorian fraud who made such an impact that I can't even remember his f**king name. Now they've let North and Holland go, Adam Griffiths is leaving, they're trialling a 34 year old who's played 600 odd games in 5th tier leagues in England because he came from Newcastle and holds some sort of sentimental value here, have no other prospects on the horizon, and are currently relying on a 16 year old to win them games.

Face it, they're a f**king joke on the Australian sporting scene.

Last edited: