What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: New Zealand v South Africa at Hamilton on Feb 19, 2017

Meth

Staff member
Unfortunately, Latham's keeping has cost us a little at points tonight.

Iafeta

Referee
Thanks Latham. Can't stop byes off plays and misses and drops this lad on 1 - part time keeper theory=fail.

Iafeta

Referee
Too many bits and pieces players who aren't good at the second skill. Latham keeping, CDG bowling, Neesham flat out can't bowl at this level.

TheParraboy

Staff member
That Andile guy got the Proteas home 29no from 23 balls at the end

of course having AB around at the end helped

vvvrulz

Coach
Too many bits and pieces players who aren't good at the second skill. Latham keeping, CDG bowling, Neesham flat out can't bowl at this level.

Neesham is no different to Corey Anderson, the latter managed to get wickets from bowling that same tripe.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
South Africa, England, Australia, India, New Zealand. All very strong sides going around in one day cricket.

I'd probably have India and SA at the top atm.

JJ

Immortal
While AB continues to play talk of anyone else being the best bat in the world is silly IMO

JJ

Immortal
It's close. Those two are clearly the best two. I'd have Kholi just ahead of ABDV who is fractionally ahead of Joe Root, bit of a gap between those three and Smith, Amla, etc.
Disagree 100% - there's an argument for Kohli in ODIs, which is what I thought you meant - I was talking all around, and in that respect Root is well behind (across all 3 formats) - but anyway, they're all fair players

Bazal

Post Whore
AB is the most dangerous in the world...being out with injury so long, Kohli has usurped him (for the moment) in ODIs and Smith in tests based on actual output. Hard to be the best in the world if you haven't scored any runs

But AB will likely be back at the top in at least one form before long. He'd be the first ODI bat I picked in a world side.