What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Clives for Billy Slater

POPEYE

Coach
Kick a goal, from out near touch, after the full time bell to win a game for Souths against Manly to stay in the hunt for 1955 premiership with his broken arm held together by the cover of a school exercise book. He helped Souths who, at the halfway point of that same season, were equal dead last on the ladder, go on 9 game run, including the game against Manly (which was Souths 2nd last game of the regular season) to make the semis, qualifying 4th. Souths then went undefeated through the semis to win the comp without Churchill.

Additionally, Churchill coached Souths to four first grade grand final wins.
Whooppee do . . . someone said Slater might make a great coach one day . . . Munster I think

Whooppee do . . . someone said Slater might make a great coach one day . . . Munster I think

So might I for all you know. You asked for achievements, I gave two of them. Don't like it? Not my fault as you asked the question in the first place.

POPEYE

Coach
So might I for all you know. You asked for achievements, I gave two of them. Don't like it? Not my fault as you asked the question in the first place.
I never asked for achievements, I reckon Billy would leave Clive for dead in that department . . . the discussion was about imaginary feats Clive could do but Billy couldn't if he had to . . . coaching is null and void

Latest posts