What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007-08 UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Thread

weasel

First Grade
Fabulous performance from Barcelona. Deserved a much bigger margin.

Arsenal are very unlucky not to be taking a lead into the second leg; if you compare their performance this morning to Liverpool's yesterday you'd think the scorelines had been swapped. Unfortunate for them because it's going to be very difficult to advance in the San Siro.

Shame about the late equaliser against Lyon. Firkin Man Utd.

A setback for Sevilla but I don't imagine a 1 goal deficit will be too much for them to pull back at home, especially with two away goals.

weasel

First Grade
Henry's goal was magical, the first great goal he's scored for them. Has there been any others that haven't been tap-ins?

That is the Henry that has to show himself if Barcelona are to win the Champions League. Actually, despite the two soft goals they conceded, the form from Henry, Messi, and Ronaldinho was looking ominous for the first time in a while. Looks like they might be poised to finish this season with a bang.

RedVGooner

Juniors
arsenal played soo well this morning and couldnt find one goal, was very dissappointin and its going to be a tough ask to win at the San Siro

in other games, messi is just a freak, bad luk for bumble's celtic, they were leading 2-1 and couldn't hold on

damn you manchester united :fist:

and ill still expect sevilla to go thru the next stage

Eddie.

Bench
Arsenal v AC Milan was a brilliant game this morning. Enthralling, Arsenal were very impressive.

0-0 is not the worst score for the home side in the first leg. A score draw and Arsenal will advance, something I think they have a decent shot at.

BWNB

First Grade
1-1 draw please.... If we concede the first goal well I don't like our chances.
Was a great game for a 0-0 draw tho.

arsenal on the tele. what a f**king surprise. SBS would show arsenal v chinese taipei over the champions league final if it didn't have liverpool in it

weasel

First Grade
I'm glad SBS and ESPN are broadcasting different games live this week, so I'm actually provided the choice that I'm paying so much money to have. Although I'll probably watch Real-Roma Thursday. Wednesday is Arsenal vs Milan for sure.

what i with ESPN these days? they hardly ever used to show the same game as SBS ... it was actually good flicking back and forth between two different games, now it's usually the same game

Dragooner

Bench
How can they not have Arsenal vs Milan. Now Toney even you gotta go with me on this one.

The San Siro will be set alight tommorow morning. Arsenal will pull out everything knowing that one goal will do them the world of good yet Milan must come out and attack as well. It'll be like watching Ping Pong, end to end stuff, will be a cracker by any standards.

Latest posts