What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Jersey Flegg Gains and Losses

freeridermx

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Forgive my niaveness, but where are the port breakers based mate ?? DUMAS will be an asset to their side for sure. Top player !!

yeah thats cool mate
its in the group 3 comp port macquarie area but not the port sharks his old club in group 2.
the group 3 port team got him a job i think so he can do a trade .
way to good for this area should still be down Premier League or nrl but i think it more then just footy he needed to consider eg family etc. i think

2 True Blues

Coach
Agree about the too good and should still be in P/league statement mate. TOP player. Thanks 4 the info though and keep us posted how he goes. Lot of respect for the guy, and will miss watching him play in the Royal Blue Jersey.

GIVE EM THE USUAL HELL DUMAS !!!!

girvie

Staff member
A few updates:

Canterbury
Lydan Maitua to London Scholars

Norths
Ben Ellis to St George Illawarra
John Russell to Windsor
Ryan Russell to Windsor
Brad Barrett to Erina

Newtown
Richie Parker to Cabramatta
David Vial to Erina
Lafi Manua is probably retiring (injuries are a factor)
Andrew Le Breton possibly Cessnock or a Group 9 club.

D

Deleted member 10972

BTW, you didn't post up ythat Jets signed Willie Brown from Cabramatta, & Anthony Cherrington from Endeavour High. Since when did we sign Dale Newton? Is this guy any good, info?

girvie

Staff member
The Mack said:
BTW, you didn't post up ythat Jets signed Willie Brown from Cabramatta, & Anthony Cherrington from Endeavour High. Since when did we sign Dale Newton? Is this guy any good, info?
Thanks i added Brown.

Anthony Cherrington played for the Roosters in SG Ball last year (from the bench). I doubt he will play Premier League in 2007.

Someone in the Newtown forum mentioned a while ago that Dale Newton was training with the Premier League squad.

girvie

Staff member
I found out that Lee Bennett, David Marando, are Alan Shirnack are still with Balmain.

Ewan Cameron, John Sinisa, and Mitch Stanfield are with Balmain trialling for a contract.

Thomas Gemmell, Corey Niwa, Jamie Nowland, Ronald Prince, Ben Reynolds, Jono Rolfe, Frank Samia, and Ben Weir have all gone.

freeridermx

Juniors
Bluebag said:
Frank Samia I think is heading to the dragons, Thomas gemmell is going to Port Macquarie.

hey can you tell me a bit about this thomas gemmell guy. and which port macquarie club he is going to if you know i would think the sharks of group 2 but maybe not.

thanks in advance

brook

First Grade
girvie said:
I found out that Lee Bennett, David Marando, are Alan Shirnack are still with Balmain.

Ewan Cameron, John Sinisa, and Mitch Stanfield are with Balmain trialling for a contract.

Thomas Gemmell, Corey Niwa, Jamie Nowland, Ronald Prince, Ben Reynolds, Jono Rolfe, Frank Samia, and Ben Weir have all gone.

Interesting, personally I would have dumped Marando (I like the guy a lot and am all for keeping juniors but can't see where they'd play him) and probably Bennett as well.

I hope Cameron and Stanfield manage to get contracts, Cameron had a bad run last year but has loads of talent if he gets it together and Stanfield is as dependable as they come and showed good leadership skills as flegg captain last year.

Thank god Reynolds is finally gone!!!

brook

First Grade
Mad Goanna said:
Jamie Nowland is playimg with the Northern Blues in the Real NRL
Best of luck to him

I always thought Jamie could have made a first grader if the wests tigers had left him as a fullback/winger. We really didn't do the right thing by him moving him to the halves - especially given the other players around at the time he was never going to get a fair crack at the position.

NikkiShark

Juniors
girvie said:
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

Gains for 2007:
Fraser Anderson - from Brisbane/Toowoomba, Qld
Joven Clarke (Fullback/Wing) - from South Sydney
Dustin Cooper (Second Row) - from Newcastle
Isaac De Gois (Hooker), - from Western Suburbs
Michael Greenfield (Second Row/Prop) - from South Sydney
Josh Hannay - from North Queensland
Lee Hookey (Centre) - from Penrith
Mark Lennon (Fullback) - from Manly Warringah
Scott Porter - from Central Queensland
Chris Scanlan - from Ipswich, Qld
Brett Seymour - from Brisbane/Toowoomba, Qld
Paul Stephenson (Centre) - from Manly Warringah
Eddie Sua (Prop) - from North Sydney
Misi Taulapapa - from Central Queensland

Losses for 2007:
Russell Aitken (Halfback/Five-Eighth) - to Melbourne
Jardine Bobongie (Five-Eighth/Lock/Wing) - to South Sydney
Leon Bott (Wing) - to Canterbury Bankstown
Tony Caine (Hooker/Five-Eighth) – to St George Illawarra
Luke Harlen (Second Row/Prop) - to Wests Tigers
Matt Hilder (Five-Eighth/Lock) - to Gold Coast
Brett Kelly (Centre) - to Canberra
Tom Kerr (Wing/Centre) - to Canterbury Bankstown
Toshio Laiseni (Fullback) - to North Queensland
Jeremy Latimore (Prop) - to Parramatta
Tevita Latu (Hooker) – released (mid-season)
Rhys Lovegrove (Centre/Lock) - to St George Illawarra
Hutch Maiava (Prop) - to Hull FC, UK
Clifford Manua (Prop) - to Brisbane
Darren Mapp (Second Row) - to Celtic Crusaders, UK
Peewee Moke (Centre) - to Penrith
Beau Scott (Centre) – to St George Illawarra
James Stosic (Prop) - to Gold Coast
Nigel Vagana (Centre) - to South Sydney

Retained Players for 2007:
Darren Albert (Wing), Greg Bird (Lock), Mitch Brown (Wing), Cameron Ciraldo (Lock/Second Row), Brett Finn (Hooker), Carl Fritz (Wing), Brett Kearney (Five-Eighth), Phil Leuluai (Second Row), Tu'u Maori (Wing), Dane Nielson (Wing/Centre), Ben Pomeroy (Second Row), Leonard Ropeta (Second Row/Lock), Reece Robinson (Halfback), Travis Robinson (Centre), Brodea Sanders, Jacob Selmes (Prop), Sitaleki Timani (Prop), Richard Villasanti (Prop), Dayne Weston (Second Row).

Unknown for 2007:
James Bannister, Ryan Borg (Halfback), Nick Doig (Hooker), Kurt Puohotaua (Lock/Centre).

Pretty sure Ryan Borg and Nick Doig were released...

EDIT : also Bryson Goodwin :arrow: Sharks.
got a release from the Dragons

girvie

Staff member
http://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=17243

Four players from the Vodafone Warriors' Allied Work Force development squad have been named in the Auckland Lions' train-on squad set to make its debut in the New South Wales Rugby League's premier league competition this year.

About 90 players were involved in open trials run by the Lions at Cornwall Park yesterday.
All available players from the Allied Work Force development squad competed for spots.
Coaches Graeme Norton and Brian McClennan pitted the players together in nine-a-side matches before calling back 28 players for a final hit-out.

After that they settled on 15 players to begin training this week. Among them were Allied Work Force players prop Leeson Ah Mau, back rowers Paora Packer and Tolefoa Leaupepe and hooker Simon Head.

Vodafone Warriors first graders not selected for NRL duty each weekend will be in line to play for the new premier league team along with Russell Packer, Scott Jones, Constantine Mika, Miguel Start, Malo Solomona, Isaac John and Wayne McDade. All seven are training with the Vodafone Warriors' first-grade squad.

The players selected for the train-on squad were:

Leeson Ah Mau (Vodafone Warriors)
Simon Head (Vodafone Warriors)
Patrick Kapi (Northern Storm)
Toleafoa Leaupepe (Vodafone Warriors)
Marty Mitchell (Bulldogs)
Paora Packer (Vodafone Warriors)
Upu Poching (Mangere East)
Jay Pukepuke (Waitemata)
Tui Samoa (Harbour League)
Artie Shead (Harbour League)
Phil Shead (Auckland Lions)
Fabian Souter (Auckland Lions)
Shannon Stowers (Auckland Lions)
Lui Toimoana (Auckland Lions)
Kim Uasi (Counties Manukau Jetz)
Kelvin Wright (Auckland Lions)

richies

Juniors
Marty Mitchell (Bulldogs) he used to be with the dogs 2years ago
not now as im aware but hope im wrong good hooker
he went to qld 2years ago is this the same bloke???

Spike

First Grade
Shannon Stowers has played a couple of first grade games for the Warriors hasn't he?

girvie

Staff member
richies said:
Marty Mitchell (Bulldogs) he used to be with the dogs 2years ago
not now as im aware but hope im wrong good hooker
he went to qld 2years ago is this the same bloke???
Yeah it is the same player. He was with Burleigh last year.