What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Trials

All news and articles concerning Manly's two trial matches in 2008 will be placed in this thread.

Our trials are as follows:

- Fri Feb 15 vs Melbourne @ Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium
- Fri Feb 29 vs Warriors @ Quad Park, Sunshine Coast

More information to follow.

chileman

Coach
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Our trials are as follows:

- Sat Feb 16 vs Melbourne @ Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium
- Fri Feb 29 vs Warriors @ Quad Park, Sunshine Coast

More information to follow.
I was hoping they'd have a trial against the Dragons down here in Shellharbour:(

trial4.jpg

7:30pm - NRL - Manly Sea Eagles vs Melbourne Storm
6:00pm – NSW Cup (Sea Eagles vs CC Storm) - ie Premier League
4:15pm – Toyota Cup - NYC (Sea Eagles vs Melbourne Storm) - ie Jersey Flegg
3:30pm - Gates open
3:00pm - Box office open

TICKETS

Tickets go on sale on the 25th January via Ticketek. All tickets are General Admission there are no reserved seats, seating will be on a first come first served basis.

PRE PURCHASE PRICE

Adults $15.00
Concession $10.00
Family (2+2) $45.00

WALK UP PRICE

Adults $17.00
Concession $12.00
Family (2+2) $47.00

dazza

Staff member
those prices are alot better than the warriors trial on the sunshine coast!

$36 - adult, $21- child, & $105 family.

do you know if the nsw cup & the nyc teams are coming up to play too?

cheers dazza

dazza said:
those prices are alot better than the warriors trial on the sunshine coast!

$36 - adult, $21- child, & $105 family.

do you know if the nsw cup & the nyc teams are coming up to play too?

cheers dazza

I've just checked a few resources including the Quad Park website and I'm aware that gates will be opening at 5pm with the main game kicking off at 7:30pm. Thereby, based on that information, I'd say the NYC will be the warm-up game and the NSW Cup squad will probably have a trial match against a Sydney team sometime on that weekend. I could be wrong but thats what I'd say would be happening.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Smiley

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
I've just checked a few resources including the Quad Park website and I'm aware that gates will be opening at 5pm with the main game kicking off at 7:30pm. Thereby, based on that information, I'd say the NYC will be the warm-up game and the NSW Cup squad will probably have a trial match against a Sydney team sometime on that weekend. I could be wrong but thats what I'd say would be happening.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

http://warriors.sitesuite.ws/plugins..._data_id=22083

VODAFONE WARRIORS – TRIALS

Vodafone Warriors
Friday, February 29 v Manly Sea Eagles, Quad Park, 7.30pm

Vodafone Junior Warriors (NYC)
Friday, February 29 v Brisbane Broncos, Quad Park, 5.30pm

dazza

Staff member
thanx guys. the price is still a bit steep for a trial, even though you guys were grand finalists. we`re still going though.

cheers dazza

qldseaeagle96

Juniors
dazza said:
thanx guys. the price is still a bit steep for a trial, even though you guys were grand finalists. we`re still going though.

cheers dazza

A bit steep?! :lol: I love my Sea-Eagles and dumped $400 on last minute flights to get to the GF. But-

$36 for unreserved seating on scaffolding for a trial game is not just taking but ripping the piss.

I'm seriously not happy at this extortion and weighing up my options if I should attend or not.

qldseaeagle96 said:
A bit steep?! :lol: I love my Sea-Eagles and dumped $400 on last minute flights to get to the GF. But-

$36 for unreserved seating on scaffolding for a trial game is not just taking but ripping the piss.

I'm seriously not happy at this extortion and weighing up my options if I should attend or not.

Yeah I definitely agree. Especially when you compare them to the following prices at Brookie throughout the NRL season. Furthermore, the majority of these seats are under cover.

Gold - Jane Try Stand

Adult - $40
Pensioner - $30
Student - $30
Junior - $30

Silver - Southern Stand and Ken Arthurson Stand.

Adult - $30
Pensioner - $25
Student - $25
Junior - $25

Just thought it was interesting to make the comparison.

qldseaeagle96

Juniors
Scuba what price is General Admission going to be in 08 at brooky? Do you know?

I would like to complain to the club over the $36 pricetag for a trial especially when you compare the pricing to the trial at Bluetongue.

I would have thought that since they have decided to invest heavily in the area with the Sunshine Coast Sea-Eagles etc.. the club wouldn't want to get local offside which is exactly what is happening IMHO by setting prices like this.

qldseaeagle96 said:
Scuba what price is General Admission going to be in 08 at brooky? Do you know?

I would like to complain to the club over the $36 pricetag for a trial especially when you compare the pricing to the trial at Bluetongue.

I would have thought that since they have decided to invest heavily in the area with the Sunshine Coast Sea-Eagles etc.. the club wouldn't want to get local offside which is exactly what is happening IMHO by setting prices like this.

The information in the post above is based on 2007 ticket prices. I presume the prices would stay around the same for 2008. Also, the prices listed above are based purely on a 'pre purchase' basis, thereby the cost if you rock up at the ground would even be higher.

In regards to your question, as I said, the 2008 prices haven't been released as of yet, but judging by 2007 prices, General Admission pre purchase ticket prices were as follows:

General Admission -

Adult - $22
Pensioner - $12
Student - $18
Junior - $12

I agree 100% that the $36 is a bit harsh. Not sure whether Manly even set the prices for the second trial, if so, the question must be asked, why are the prices so contrasting between the two trials?

Cheers.

chileman

Coach
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
TICKETS

Tickets go on sale on the 25th January via Ticketek. All tickets are General Admission there are no reserved seats, seating will be on a first come first served basis.

PRE PURCHASE PRICE

Adults $15.00
Concession $10.00
Family (2+2) $45.00

WALK UP PRICE

Adults $17.00
Concession $12.00
Family (2+2) $47.00
That's certainly good family value, don't even get into the movies for that price these days (for a family of 4)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's important to clarify that NSW Cup is Manly v Central Coast Storm, while Toyota Cup is Manly v Melbourne.

Gday guys,

Our first proper trial is this coming Friday (Feb 15) against Melbourne at Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford.

The following info has already been posted above, but here's a reminder about scheduling times and costs. I'm hoping to attend, and weather permitting, it should be an entertaining hit out for both camps.

KICK OFF TIMES:

7:30pm - NRL - Manly Sea Eagles vs Melbourne Storm
6:00pm – NSW Cup (Sea Eagles vs CC Storm) - ie Premier League
4:15pm – Toyota Cup - NYC (Sea Eagles vs Melbourne Storm) - ie Jersey Flegg
3:30pm - Gates open
3:00pm - Box office open

TICKETS

PRE PURCHASE PRICE

Adults $15.00
Concession $10.00
Family (2+2) $45.00

WALK UP PRICE

Adults $17.00
Concession $12.00
Family (2+2) $47.00

Hope to see some of you out there and go those mighty Sea Eagles!

Cheers.

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has named his squad for this Friday’s 1st pre-season trial game against the Manly Sea Eagles. The game will be played at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford, NSW from 7:30pm.

The first-grade clash will be preceded by a NSW Rugby League Cup clash between Central Coast Storm and Manly at 5:30pm, and an Under-20’s game between Melbourne Storm and Manly Sea Eagles from 4:00pm.

The first-grade game will be divided into three 30-minute periods, with the Storm fielding a young team for the opening period, with a full-strength team taking to the field in the second period. The make-up of the team for the third period will be decided on the night.

Due to Cam Smith’s unavailability for the World Club Challenge against Leeds Rhinos on February 29, he will play in the first 30-minute period, with Matt Geyer taking the number 9 jersey for the second period.

Antonio Kaufusi will make his long-awaited return to action in the front-row after suffering a season-ending knee injury during the 2007 State-of-Origin series.

Former Brisbane Bronco Clifford Manua will get his first chance to impress in the front-row alongside Kaufusi in the first period.

After leaving Melbourne in 2004 and spending three years playing rugby in Scotland, Ben MacDougall will don the Storm colours once again when he lines up in the centres during the first period.

With Greg Inglis out injured and not likely to return to action until at least Round 3 of the NRL season, Russell Aitken gets his chance to impress in the five-eighth spot when he takes to the field during the second period.

Squad for Friday’s game:

First period starting team:

1. Jade Williams
2. Russell Webber
3. Ben MacDougall
4. Dane Nielsen
5. Joseph Tomane
6. Alex Moore
7. Liam Foran
8. Antonio Kaufusi
9. Cam Smith
10. Clifford Manua
11. Lucas Miller
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Sinbad Kali

Interchange:

14. Regan Tanner, 15. Aiden Guerra, (remaining interchange players selected from Central Coast Storm team)

Second period starting team:

1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. Will Chambers
4. Israel Folau
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Russell Aitken
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Brett White
9. Matt Geyer
10. Jeff Lima
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange:

14. Sam Tagataese, 15. Adam Blair, 16. Sika Manu, 17. Aiden Tolman

Third period starting team:

Players will be selected to play during the third period on the night

Coach: Craig Bellamy.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=15113

ooeey_ranga said:
Do we know when or if the club will release the squad list like melbourne have done?

Nothing has been released on the official website as yet. I'd say in the next day or so. It'll be posted immediately when released, so best bet is to stay tuned to this thread.

Cheers.