What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

applesauce

Bench
Screenshot2010-08-10at52846PM.png

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That is of course a photoshop, but a general idea of what it will look like.

The Tank

Bench
I would preferred just "NRMA" is gold but can't really complain. A MASSIVE improvement from the sh*te their currently wearing and best of all - NO WHITE BLOCK!!! Still don't like their design though, but yeh, otherwise a big improvement.

***MH***

Bench
In terms of conflicting sponsorship, remember when Telstra had a spack last year when Strathfield were interested in sponsoring a club?

But AAMI who sponsor QLD, CRL and the NRL Referees seem to be ok with NRMA.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think as naming rights sponsor to the premiership, telstra have exclusivity written into their contract. Obviously aami don't have that. I hope it doesn't piss them off and make them leave though, they're great supporters of league.

Best example of sponsorship clashes I can think of are when the National Australia Bank rabbitohs played both the St.George Bank Dragons and the ME Bank Storm at ANZ Bank Stadium. hopefully the Commonwealth Bank Cup wasn't played earlier in the day!!

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
The Commonwealth (or its subsiduary companies like Colonial First State or CommInsure) would never sponsor a team in a comp. They seem to prefer generic "sport" sponsorships (sports performer awards and other guff), event sponsorships or cricket because its "national".

They apparently spend more on advertising than all of the other banks, but it must be all for those spastic "numpty American marketer" ads. Geez they are dumb.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think it might have been mentioned already but couldnt find it in the last 5 or 6 pages of the thread, but confirmation last night at the dragons kogarah "red vee members forum" that our horrible alternate jersey is goooone for 2011! To be replaced with the steelers heritage jersey below (a victory for common sense).

997655-ben-creagh.jpg

Somewhat unbelievably, it was revealed last night that adidas actually wanted to get rid of the red V to increase jersey sales. AMAZING!!

Also surprisingly for me, the itchy scratchy jersey (this years alternate) recorded a 15% increase in sales compared to last years alternate. Whilst not comparing apples with apples, as last years alternate was in its 2nd year of sale compared to a 1st year of sale, the mind boggles that people actually parted with $160 for that rubbish!

macavity

Referee
I must be the only person on the planet who thought the wolverine jersey wasn't absolutely awful.

Steelers heritage definately better though.

Saint Doc

Coach
I must be the only person on the planet who thought the wolverine jersey wasn't absolutely awful.

Steelers heritage definately better though.

Well, you're obviously not completely on your pat malone, as people obviously bought the thing. What I'm not sure though is whether the people who bought it really liked it, or whether they are just the type of fans who have to buy every jersey released, no matter what. But certainly public opinion seems to be that if we have to have a red jersey, a nice simple design like the Steelers design is much better, and if it makes ex-Steelers fans happy then its WIN-WIN (pardon the home ground pun!)

Happy with Saint alternative. Just f**k those horrible red shorts off.

Absolutely.

Home: Red V, white shorts with 2 tripes down the side, candy cane striped socks. Lose the red collar and get the word 'Reebok' off our V!

Alternate: Steelers design, same white shorts.

Heritage: Blood and bandages or butchers stripes designs, black numbers.

Geeze this would make me happy!

Goddo

Bench
^ and me and just about every Dragons fan. This is what we all want. Just waiting for Doust to realise it.

hellteam

First Grade
Agreed, Saints need the striped socks back. They were class. Their new ones are just boring and average.

Latest posts