What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 R4 - Souths 38-16 Dogs @ ANZ, Easter Monday

Souths v Dogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ridders

Coach
Couldn't tell at the ground but can anyone confirm that Barba didn't play at all in the first half?

Also did Hickey get injured? Went off at the start and never came back. I was shattered.

Ridders

Coach
Idris still getting caught out in defense, although he's showing enough in attack to keep me invested.

Hannant's still a work-horse. Always puts in.

Shout out to Burgess. Thought he had a wonderful game.

gsweeper

Juniors
Yeah, i couldn't see Barba on in the first half. Seriously he plays 20 minutes a game, and going by points in fantasy...if he played the whole game he would be scoring 150 points on fox sports fantasy. He does more in 20 minutes than most people do in a game and we dont use him until the end

Commiserations Doggies fans. Down a couple of props and Hicky's early injury didn't help your cause. Would have been a far different game if you had a full pack.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Well while you've got your hand on it, tell me this. Who 'owned' you in a more convincing manner, Souths or St. George. If this is too hard a question feel free to use 'both' as your answer.

Big Norm
Definitely "both" this year. I can admit that and I'm sure every other fan can admit that we're in trouble form wise at the moment.

But at least my team can win a finals match :lol:

gsweeper

Juniors
Idris still getting caught out in defense, although he's showing enough in attack to keep me invested.

Hannant's still a work-horse. Always puts in.

Shout out to Burgess. Thought he had a wonderful game.

Idris is improving, even though he is still getting caught out. I think we have to remember how young he still is, he will improve...I mean if you look at Toyota Cup now, defense comes second to attack.....but he will improve. I thought he played well tonight

Ridders

Coach
Yeah definitely. He'll no doubt get better defensively with more experience.

Would like to have seen more Barba tbh.

I thought a couple of calls went against us but alas, Souths were just too good around the ruck, as has already been said. Deserved winners.

P.S. Lol @ Goodwin's kick attempt from the sideline - What a howler!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Idris didn't do much wrong in defence today - because they spent the whole first half running or kicking it down the Morris/Goodwin wing. He was gun in attack and made more runs than all the forward except Hannant and Gordon from what I saw. Really put in 100% despite the sh*t effort the team displayed for most of the game.

Cheers for the remarks DKoR, you guys were too good today.

gsweeper

Juniors
No, but seriously, I want to see more of Barba....he has scored 5 tries and he never plays more than 1/3 of the game, if that! He needs to be on more....

Ridders

Coach
Not playing him at all in the first half was certainly strange.

Can't imagine what our injury ravaged pack would be like without Hannant. Shades of what Asotasi was doing for us in 2005, albeit not at such a high level.

gsweeper

Juniors
We're really missing Hodgson. Paea and Halatau will make such a difference when they come back, and when we have a full strength pack, we should be able to get on the front foot a bit more

40Twenty

Juniors
No, but seriously, I want to see more of Barba....he has scored 5 tries and he never plays more than 1/3 of the game, if that! He needs to be on more....

When Barba stops the drugs and partying and gets serious about his career he might be able to last more than a third of a game. Then he might learn how to play defense as well and not cost you 5 tries. It's no secret why Barba isn't playing more, he would've been out of the club ages ago if it wasn't for moore keeping him on. He has the talent, but his attitude and his social life are ruining him.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i reckon barbas chops for first grade are inflated a bit by the fact he comes on against tired legs. i couldnt see him playing well for 80 minutes.

and i have to give a big shout out to beau champion. first rogers, then gallen, now morris. he has gone from a shocking defender to a top flight defender in one off season

hendrix

Juniors
Congratulations to the Rabbits... that was the performance the league world had waited 4 weeks to see (but couldn't you have done it to the Roosters, not the Dogs?:x)

awful effort from the Dogs, especially in the 1st half --> blown off the paddock almost

Timmah

Staff member
i reckon barbas chops for first grade are inflated a bit by the fact he comes on against tired legs. i couldnt see him playing well for 80 minutes.

I don't think we should be calling for him to be a starting player - his impact is always later in the game - although I'd argue last night was too late. Whether we bring him on late 1st or early 2nd half I don't know but late 2nd half is too late, especially when Souths were surging forward the way they were.

Timmah

Staff member
Big man? :lol: Waiting til the day after the result to comment? You can talk...

Latest posts