What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - New Zealand 1 Slovakia 1 (Group F)

Timbo

Staff member
I hope Pim's watching.

I imagine the Kiwi's know they're outclassed but at least they're having a go.

fish eel

Immortal
Kiwis started to look a bit disorganised towards the end of the half. Hopefully Herbert can fix that because Slovakia arent showing much, and they can get something out of this.

Scorpio30

Bench
A real dour match this one...Hopefully NZ noticed the problem Slovakia had with the wind at their backs.

Also...even for the Phoenix, I wish Bertos would stop taking corners/deadball as he always hits it too low.

African Monkey

First Grade
Geez Paston needs to pickup his game - he's far too hesitant at times as to whether he should stay on his line or come out and punch not to mention that awful clearance that nearly resulted in a goal. We also began to get a bit sloppy towards the end of that half.

abpanther

Staff member
Man this has been a pretty error riddled game, Slovakia have been far from impressive to be honest.

But good to see the Kiwi's doing well, they looked well organised and they've created some good chances, shows the difference in coaching...

Didgi

Well tbf two little countries thousands of km away and apart, neither are a big or exciting team. Understandable crowd.

Ridders

Coach
Could they not even give away tickets to this game LOL

Was thinking the same thing. Plenty of empty seats for this one. Then again it's hardly the glamour tie of the WC

NZ did a good job of holding their structure, although as Fishy said, got a bit unorganised at the end of the half.

Slovakia haven't shown alot either tbh. Their best chance was probably that howler from the NZ keeper.

Danish

Referee
I cant see NZ pulling this one back... they can barely get the ball in the attacking 3rd.

been a very poor game i must say. Much lower quality than any of the other games thus far

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Tough call.

Although we've all seen those goals disallowed.

NZ are playing much better than Australia were imo.

fish eel

Immortal
slovakia have been real disappointing for a team that topped their european group.

you'd have to back paraguay/italy to go through from this group

Latest posts