What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - New Zealand 1 Slovakia 1 (Group F)

abpanther

Staff member
So happy for the kiwi's, they never stopped trying and deserved to draw the game

roboshark

Coach
i dont think they deserved a draw...they created nothing and really should of been put away..if they were playing a better team they would have copped it

but well done to them anyway, they have 1 more point than we do, and a 4 goal better goal difference!!...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Slovakia were so easily the better side, but if you don't put your opponent away you leave yourself open to that sort of thing.

NZ - well what can you say, they were like a neutered dog who refuses to let go of your leg. Didn't look like producing anything at any stage, but never gave up.

Danish

Referee
I think they deserved it.

Yes, Slovakia had their chances to win it, but you cannot fault the desperation of the kiwi defence. How many times did defenders block shots inside the box, or make last ditch tackles??

Just spoke with a bunch of kiwi family friends across the ditch and they are going bonkers.... they would be feeling a lot like we were after the Japan game

roboshark

Coach
yeah dont get me wrong, im happy for them and id imagine the country is all awake going nuts....never gave up

they cant do this against italy or paraguay though...they will be punished

Red Bear

Referee
f**king great work NZ, loved it. Sure, Slovakia were all over them from about 35th-75th minute, but throughout that their defence scrambled very well i thought, kept getting players behind the ball when not in possesion and holding their attackers up. A couple of decent bits of play as well, although there seemed to be a couple of instances where their was plenty of room on the right that wasnt exploited.

It's just amazing what happens when sides actually go into a game with a bit of positivity as the kiwi's did. Credit to their coach and the team. I hope Pim was watching.

Jono078

Referee
Feel great for New Zealand. They are this world cup biggest underdogs.

Good on em and great cross by Smeltz with a tad lucky header.

abpanther

Staff member
Kiwi's fought hard, sure Slovakia missed some chances, but Kiwi's fought hard to the end and deserved the draw

shiznit

Coach
LMFAO @ Nelsen having a go at that Slovak dude diving...

x4xqfdzt.jpg

Moffo

Referee
I watched this game at the Sydney live site. What a result! The kiwis went nuts, we ended up a the bondi hotel at 1am though, which wasn't so cool on a school night

smeltz was disappointing for mine

Shorty

Staff member
Well done Kiwis.
The team, while not exactly strong....is quite well coached and they just kept it simple.
Really, as others have said, I hope Pim was bloody watching!

Noa

First Grade
Loved the look on Nelsons face during the anthem, its like he was thinking "i cant beleive Im here, hold it together bro".

Iafeta

Referee
Woot woot woot who let the sheep out? woot woot woot who let the sheep out! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Group hug in the shower!

Big Mick

Referee
Woot woot woot who let the sheep out? woot woot woot who let the sheep out! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Group hug in the shower!

woot woot woot?

Shouldn't that be Bah Bah Bah?

Latest posts