What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Bundy Cup

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Not always about the coin, perhaps he likes being home with his family and not having the extra responsibility of playing at the first grade level week in week out.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties will move to the NSW Cup in 2012. They recently signed an agreement with the Canberra Raiders, who will supply about 8 players each week.

Dont know if they will continue in Bundy but with their best players in the State Cup side, the number of half decent Bundy teams could fall to 3.

MountainMan

Juniors
Mounties will move to the NSW Cup in 2012. They recently signed an agreement with the Canberra Raiders, who will supply about 8 players each week.

Dont know if they will continue in Bundy but with their best players in the State Cup side, the number of half decent Bundy teams could fall to 3.
source?
Might fall through,similar with cabra n cronulla

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Happy For Mounties The Deal Has Gone Through. But How Is it The Parra District RL Board Disallows The Cabra- Cronulla Merger & Allows The Newtown- Cabra Merger ??.. I Mean if it's To avoid Parra Jnr Talent ending up at The Shire, as Thru The Jets They'll End up In Rooster Colours.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cabra to seal the minor premiership with a win at home. Two Blues by 30.

most Likely face The Entrance in the Final.. But prefer a Local Derby GF with ''Mounties''...

Roland

Juniors
Yesterday was the first week of finals. The main game, as expected, was a great game with Mounties holding out the Entrance 20-18. Mounties have a stack of players out injured but they keep coming up with suitable replacements.

The early game was between 2 average teams. Wenty and Windsor both have only 1 win out 9 against the big 3. Windsor just ground Wenty into submission 24-6. Wenty's cause was not helped by injuries that meant that 2 hookers played in the 6 and 7 jerseys. Windsor have a few experienced forwards but they should be no match for The Entrance.

2 of the 3 teams that missed the finals had F/A of negative 450. The NSWRL might think the Bulldogs had a great season but 18 losses with 14 in succession is not what this comp needs.

Mounties are heading to the State Cup and I heard a rumour that the Entrance might head to the Newcastle comp because they are worried that there will be no one to play against in Bundy.

The NSWRL should attempt to merge the Bundy with the Manly A grade. I saw the 4 v 5 semi at Manly today and it was a better standard than the Wenty/Windsor semi.

4th placed Belrose had players like Jason Wells, Jim Curtis, Steve Carew, Dave Marando, Tim Gee, James Mortimer, Clint Low, Steve Matthews, Shannon Cameron and Pete Delaivuna.

5th placed Narrabeen included Charlie Farah, Brett Finn, Suli Koriobuleka, Chris Smith, Dean Vicelich, George Azzi and Dane Gilmore.

Belrose are coached by Keiran Dempsey while Narrabeen are coached by Gary Pethybridge and Scott Pethybridge.

Jason Wells kicked a field goal 10 seconds from full time to secure a 19-18 win. The radio commentator said it was the best A Grade game he had seen for many years.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Yesterday was the first week of finals. The main game, as expected, was a great game with Mounties holding out the Entrance 20-18. Mounties have a stack of players out injured but they keep coming up with suitable replacements.

The early game was between 2 average teams. Wenty and Windsor both have only 1 win out 9 against the big 3. Windsor just ground Wenty into submission 24-6. Wenty's cause was not helped by injuries that meant that 2 hookers played in the 6 and 7 jerseys. Windsor have a few experienced forwards but they should be no match for The Entrance.

2 of the 3 teams that missed the finals had F/A of negative 450. The NSWRL might think the Bulldogs had a great season but 18 losses with 14 in succession is not what this comp needs.

Mounties are heading to the State Cup and I heard a rumour that the Entrance might head to the Newcastle comp because they are worried that there will be no one to play against in Bundy.

The NSWRL should attempt to merge the Bundy with the Manly A grade. I saw the 4 v 5 semi at Manly today and it was a better standard than the Wenty/Windsor semi.

4th placed Belrose had players like Jason Wells, Jim Curtis, Steve Carew, Dave Marando, Tim Gee, James Mortimer, Clint Low, Steve Matthews, Shannon Cameron and Pete Delaivuna.

5th placed Narrabeen included Charlie Farah, Brett Finn, Suli Koriobuleka, Chris Smith, Dean Vicelich, George Azzi and Dane Gilmore.

Belrose are coached by Keiran Dempsey while Narrabeen are coached by Gary Pethybridge and Scott Pethybridge.

Jason Wells kicked a field goal 10 seconds from full time to secure a 19-18 win. The radio commentator said it was the best A Grade game he had seen for many years.
Are they the same Belrose players who couldn't make the Jim Beam Cup semi's, when in their prime, 5 years ago?

Roland

Juniors
Indeed in 2007 Belrose led the comp for 10 weeks and never dropped out of the 5 until round 21 of 22, so they finished 6th because there were 7 good teams - the 7th team was Mounties and they were nowhere near the 5.

And now look what the comp is after the top 3.

Just a quick question for arguments sake, if you combined the Sydney Bulls and St Johns Eagles points, would they have made the top 5? Just interested to see how the Bulls withdrawing early on has affected those player's chances of finals football.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Just a quick question for arguments sake, if you combined the Sydney Bulls and St Johns Eagles points, would they have made the top 5? Just interested to see how the Bulls withdrawing early on has affected those player's chances of finals football.
I think the Bulls had won one match before they pulled out. So combined they still would have got nowhere near the semi's

mono_mal

Juniors
I read today that Auburn Warriors have expressed interest in entering the Bundy Red Cup next year after winning the Sydney Combined A-Grade competition for the second successive season.
Auburn are considering playing out of Lidcombe Oval and have held talks with Auburn council.

Personally I think this is good news. The immediate area is traditionally a strong rugby league area and I think Auburn will potentially challenge the BRC heavyweights and easily compete with the weaker clubs. Apparently they were undefeated this season and they have also fielded quality players in the past such as Matt Utai, Andrew Emelio and a bunch of others whilst participating in the Parra comp years ago.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I read today that Auburn Warriors have expressed interest in entering the Bundy Red Cup next year after winning the Sydney Combined A-Grade competition for the second successive season.
Auburn are considering playing out of Lidcombe Oval and have held talks with Auburn council.

Personally I think this is good news. The immediate area is traditionally a strong rugby league area and I think Auburn will potentially challenge the BRC heavyweights and easily compete with the weaker clubs. Apparently they were undefeated this season and they have also fielded quality players in the past such as Matt Utai, Andrew Emelio and a bunch of others whilst participating in the Parra comp years ago.

Where did you read about this?

Tell me, when it comes to the BRC, does the NSWRL actively go out and try and draw teams toward the comp or do they sit back and wait until someone approaches them to play?