What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

flippikat

Bench
Sounds good.

The only change I would make is change the rules to dark and light colours instead of just white. Then teams like Parramatta, Wests, Brisbane (if they wanted to go with a majority yellow alternate), etc, could wear their alternate colours rather than white, if they choose to.

It also removes the issue in your plan with Canberra who wear light colours at home but the colour is not white. In your plan they would have to wear a white alternate even though the home colour is very light in colour (even though they really don't clash with anyone). Same currently goes for Cronulla with their light blue.

Good point - so long as the outcome is "light strip" / "dark strip" for each team, the light strip (whether home, or alternate) doesn't have to be white.

I have no problem with the Raiders using a black alternate - it conforms to this rule, and is a far better contrast to their home green than using white (actually if the NRL was strict on colours, a dark Raiders alternate would be mostly BLUE!)

Hopefully something is done about South Sydney home & alternate jerseys - it just is silly to have the same basic design, but just the logo, shorts & trim changing from white to black!

I think the only reason they get away with it is because there's only one other team that uses green...

hellteam

First Grade
Wonder why the Warriors wore the black pants last week? Don't think they've ever done it before. Looks better though with that jersey..

00029514-Photo.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
love the rugby world cup jerseys - NO SPONSORS !!!!!!!!

this must be brought in for all rep jerseys in league. ( origin and australia ). limit the sponsorship to maybe a sleeve patch or a small patch on the front near the badge, but for goodness sakes, a rep jersey is something that is earned and should not be turned into a walking billboard.
Yeah, I'm not too concerns about the origin ones but I hate seeing VB plastered over the Kangaroos jersey

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Guessing if it's a Melbourne Manly GF the Storm will have first rights to their home jersey.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A good choice by the warriors last night, it contrasted well with the orange, although I'm thinking that the blue isn't as dark as that on the NZ flag.

It's a good alternate.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd argue the blue on the flag is possibly even darker than what the Warriors wore.

Having said that, I've seen that many variations in the blue used on NZ and Aus flags...