What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Super League results & crowds

adamkungl

Immortal
7 million? Plus a few more.

wikipedia lists London's population as 7 mil...but London metro area population as 13 mil. Fair enough. Just makes their poor crowds even worse. I'm sure there are more than 1000 people interested in watching RL in London!

WireMan

Bench
Wakefield seem to be confounding all their critics this season. Especially with what is virtually a young all British team barring a couple of overseas players, one of whom is French. Power to their elbow. Fifteen teams for SLE in 2012?

Nah, get rid of Hull KR. The most pointless team in super league.

They can also lose games you expect them to win i.e. Cats and Hull at home.

:( yeah, still hopefully get the bad games out the way now not in the playoffs like usual.

wikipedia lists London's population as 7 mil...but London metro area population as 13 mil. Fair enough. Just makes their poor crowds even worse. I'm sure there are more than 1000 people interested in watching RL in London!

London is a big place. It takes hours to get from one side to the other.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Was at the Gateshead Thunder v Harlequins past friday night in Gateshead Stadium (which was held an England v Australia Rugby international in 1934 and in front of a packed 15000 house in gorgeous sunshine).
And I got to see it was a pretty poor as I knew Gateshead was going to get there asses flocked but it was such a shame getting Super League worst supported team up on a friday night.Last time there was over 4 and half thousand for the St.Helens CC game but this CC game had 500 people in a 12000 seater ground.
Would of got double that if it was a sunday but I doubt I be rushing back to the Thunderdome with it's miserable stewards and the price of everything be it the £10 admission,£3.75 for a Hot Dog and £2.00 for a little plastic bottle of shitty Fosters or Bulmers.

Another thing why don't the Super League teams all play away when it comes to playing teams from the Championship 1 and 2 .Be much better for the smaller clubs to get a nice windfall from gate and bar/food takings then if the likes of Wigan had played at Barrow,Hull FC had played at Oldham,St.Helens had played in Sheffield,Warrington had played at Keighley.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
Another thing why don't the Super League teams all play away when it comes to playing teams from the Championship 1 and 2 .Be much better for the smaller clubs to get a nice windfall from gate and bar/food takings then if the likes of Wigan had played at Barrow,Hull FC had played at Oldham,St.Helens had played in Sheffield,Warrington had played at Keighley.

The counter argument to that is there were six thousand plus at the KC. Would the same game have achieved anywhere near three thousand if it had been at Oldham? Although I would agree with you that the team from the lower division should get home advantage. One of the big probs with the Challenge Cup for me is that the SLE teams get a minimum of five quota players (often several more) yet the non SLE teams are limited to one quota player. Difficult enough at the best of times. Even worse when it's full time pros v semi pros. SLE clubs should have to nominate one of their quota players as the only one who is available to play in the CC against non SLE teams. Obviously if two SLE clubs are drawn together then first out of the bag gets home advantage and full squads are able to be used.

sean11evo11

Juniors
Some good crowds this week.

Round 19:

Warrington vs St Helens 13,024

Leeds vs Bradford 18,095

Crusaders vs Salford 2,576

Harlequins RL vs Hull KR 2,927

Catalans vs Castleford 8,695

Wigan vs Huddersfield 19,169

Wakefield vs Hull FC 7,965

Average: 10350

Teddyboy

First Grade
Some good crowds this week.

Round 19:

Warrington vs St Helens 13,024

Leeds vs Bradford 18,095

Crusaders vs Salford 2,576

Harlequins RL vs Hull KR 2,927

Catalans vs Castleford 8,695

Wigan vs Huddersfield 19,169

Wakefield vs Hull FC 7,965

Average: 10350

Apart from London and Wales RD19 had excellent crowds.

Haffa

Warched the Wigan v Hudderfield game wigan looked good as they did against the Saints the week before. It's a shame they don't play Warrington again till september.

dibviking

Juniors
london and celtic attendances are a disgrace! salfords overall aint much better and theyll be goin bust in two yrs time.

widnes home attendances this yr

toulouse 2376
rochdale 3155
hunslet 3023
york 4087
halifax 3669 thurs night
toulouse 3601 thurs night
barrow 3331 thurs night
sheffield 4027

all teams bring less than 50 away fans except halifax, we still have leigh and fev at home so theyll be decent attendance.
bring on superleague when therell be near 10k at the stobart , cant wait

Teddyboy

First Grade
london and celtic attendances are a disgrace! salfords overall aint much better and theyll be goin bust in two yrs time.

widnes home attendances this yr

toulouse 2376
rochdale 3155
hunslet 3023
york 4087
halifax 3669 thurs night
toulouse 3601 thurs night
barrow 3331 thurs night
sheffield 4027

all teams bring less than 50 away fans except halifax, we still have leigh and fev at home so theyll be decent attendance.
bring on superleague when therell be near 10k at the stobart , cant wait

What crowds are them above for ???

dibviking

Juniors
no i meant from the games played thered be less than 50, when leigh come to town we can expect anything between 3-6 ton depending whats at stake

teddyboy those crowds are this yrs league games apart from the 1st two which are northern rail cup group games, we played hull at home in the challenge cup but i cant find the attendence, i know it was a decent crowd and one of the highest of the round and im sure it was higher than the st.helens home crowd the day after

roughyedspud

Coach
its just the way the clubs want it....

during the football season i can understand it...we play friday night..they play saturday afternoon...but during the summer i don't get it...we've pretty much got the weekends to ourselves...aside from 20/20cricket....and thats dying on it's arse at the minute..theres just too much cricket on sky, they've over fed the golden goose....proper overkill

Teddyboy

First Grade
its just the way the clubs want it....

during the football season i can understand it...we play friday night..they play saturday afternoon...but during the summer i don't get it...we've pretty much got the weekends to ourselves...aside from 20/20cricket....and thats dying on it's arse at the minute..theres just too much cricket on sky, they've over fed the golden goose....proper overkill

Wigan v Leeds crowd would of been bigger if it was on the weekend.
Fridays are perfect for 1 TV game.