What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Super League results & crowds

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Round 7:

- Friday

Wigan 6-24 Warrington (21,056)
St Helens 28-16 Bradford (7,676)

- Saturday

Hull KR 16-38 Huddersfield (7,502)
Catalan 10-22 Salford (7,156)

- Sunday

Wakefield 6-28 Leeds (8,763)
Castleford 56-16 Crusaders (6,030)
Quins 30-40 Hull FC (3,052)
--------------------------------------------------

Total: 61,235
Ave: 8,748

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Club Averages

Round 7

Wigan

Total: 36,403
Average: 18,202

Leeds

Total: 43,452
Average: 14,484

Bradford
Total: 42,531
Average: 14,177

Hull FC
Total: 33,967
Average: 11,322

Warrington
Total: 33,843
Average: 11,281

Huddersfield
Total: 26,439
Average: 8,813

St Helens
Total: 24,240
Average: 8,080

Hull KR
Total: 24,196
Average: 8,065

Catalan
Total: 21,751
Average: 7,250

Wakefield
Total: 20,658
Average: 6,886

Castleford
Total: 25,448
Average: 6,362

Salford
Total: 16,603
Average: 5,534

Crusaders
Total: 6,132
Average: 3,066

Harlequins
Total: 9,442
Average: 2,481

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
And my attendence predictions for the upcoming week are...

Hull FC v Cas (12,200)
Leeds v Wigan (17,550)
Saints v Hull KR (8,480)
Salford v Crusaders (urgh... 3,100)
Huddersfield v Wakefield (8,150)
Warrington v Catalan (9,640)
Bradford v Quins (12,200)

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Round 8

Friday:

Leeds 22-22 Wigan (16,118) - Wigan score 14 points in the last 8 mins to snatch a draw after Leeds dominate.
Hull FC 18-20 Castleford (11,856) - Long sent off and Hull send an official complaint about ref James Child to the RFL.
St Helens 34-16 Hull KR (7,740) - Not a clue about this game. How bad are Hull KR at the moment though.

RedVee

First Grade
On a couple of recent Huddersfield games it has sounded like the (Huddersfield?) supporters were singing "When the Saints" at the start of the games.
Is that usual? if so, what the?

Evil Homer

Staff member
On a couple of recent Huddersfield games it has sounded like the (Huddersfield?) supporters were singing "When the Saints" at the start of the games.
Is that usual? if so, what the?
They were probably singing 'When the Giants go marching in' rather than Saints. Huddersfield don't have a very vocal fanbase or many songs compared to a lot of clubs.

RedVee

First Grade
They were probably singing 'When the Giants go marching in' rather than Saints. Huddersfield don't have a very vocal fanbase or many songs compared to a lot of clubs.

Thanks, is that what they would sing though? It was certainly (to my cloth ears) the right tune and tempo, I couldn't be 100% on the words. I was thinking that they must really be keen on Browny! :D

On the Warrington Vs Wigan game when they were bragging about the HD and 3D coverage they showed a shot of the binocular camera. Next to the camera man was a bloke wearing a St George Illawarra scarf! A Wigan supporter that did a swap at the WCC game??? Anyway I loved it! I always get a kick out of Saints gear showing up in unlikely places.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Thanks, is that what they would sing though? It was certainly (to my cloth ears) the right tune and tempo, I couldn't be 100% on the words. I was thinking that they must really be keen on Browny! :D

On the Warrington Vs Wigan game when they were bragging about the HD and 3D coverage they showed a shot of the binocular camera. Next to the camera man was a bloke wearing a St George Illawarra scarf! A Wigan supporter that did a swap at the WCC game??? Anyway I loved it! I always get a kick out of Saints gear showing up in unlikely places.
Yeah, they were definitely singing 'When the Giants go marching in'. They sang it long before Brown arrived, although like I say their singing is sporadic at best and most of the songs seem to be adapted from other clubs.

I doubt any Wigan fans would wear a Saints scarf to a Wigan match, for obvious reasons.

RedVee

First Grade
Yeah, they were definitely singing 'When the Giants go marching in'. They sang it long before Brown arrived, although like I say their singing is sporadic at best and most of the songs seem to be adapted from other clubs.

I doubt any Wigan fans would wear a Saints scarf to a Wigan match, for obvious reasons.

Yes. I was half joking there, more likely someone on an extended holiday. It was a newer design offical SGI scarf from my view.

St George/St George Illawarra fans of my knowledge seem to follow St Helens (for the jumper) or Wigan (we used Wigan-like jerseys in the old 7s tourney a few times). In soccer most seem to be ManU/Liverpool and a few like me Southampton. I guess fairly obvious choices!

Back on topic, IMO the Crusaders Vs Salford game was a long way below the standard shown by the likes of Warrington, Wigan, Leeds, even Huddersfield. The ground seemed very poor in comparison to a few of the others as well. Warrington this year have been very enjoyable to watch on the few times I've seen them.

The Clan

Juniors
Wakefield's crowd was actually very disappointing, they had a massive promotion to celebrate the club coming out of administration, they were offering huge discounts on tickets and aiming for 10k so for only 6.8 to turn up doesn't bode well for them IMO, especially considering they got smashed by the worst team over the first two games.

Give yourself an uppercut Homer!

The crowd was about 1700 up on the corresponding fixture from last year, despite a good promotion it was played on a filthy day weatherwise. After all the trouble and disillusionment at Trinity to get almost 7,000 to shake off the apathy and go t the game was a great success.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
19275 at Odsal over night for the Bulls-Rhinos clash, which seemed a good one. Surely the Bulls have shown the way forward for other clubs with their membership push. I hope they take note.

I obviosuly understand that they probably have/had a larger latent supporter base than most clubs, but for a team that was getting crowds of 6K on occasion last season - and is still very mediocre on the pitch - the increases in their crowds can only really be done to one thing. Well done to them.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Any idea how many?

Att: 9,496 but sadly it suffered the Sydney curse with fine weather all week and blue skys an hour befire kick off but then all of a sudden it pissed down f**king heavy just when the game started.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
There wernt 10k there in the 2nd half :lol:

I reckon a few went to watch the game on tv. The rain was awful.

Good crowd at Headingley for the Leeds-Cru match. 14,165 with only 50 or so Welsh there. Danny McGuire made his comeback too and played very well to say hes not touched a ball in anger in 7 months. Had 40 mins and while he was on Leeds ran away with it. Ended up 34-16.