What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW ICCC - Sydney

***MH***

Bench
How's this for a laugh, I'm out at Lidcombe oval watching NSW Cup, the ICCC game is off but the Sydney Womens League still goes ahead.

footy59

Juniors
How's this for a laugh, I'm out at Lidcombe oval watching NSW Cup, the ICCC game is off but the Sydney Womens League still goes ahead.

Do you know what procedure can be taken to change this rule . The ICCC is becoming a laughing point all over Sydney.

footy59

Juniors
I hope some good person from the ICCC will at least read these comments and take note. I am not having a go at the people that run the ICCC as in general I think the competitions have been successful and the games that have been played have been well run and good to watch. But I am hearing rumblings of players asking to look for another comp next year. One that does'nt wash out the whole round because of 1 council. Out of 12 rounds, 4 have been washed out plus the long weekend means 5 weeks of nil football and even more for some sides where teams have pulled out leaving a bye that week. The teams pulling out cant be helped but the washed out games can be managed. If a district closes its grounds, why cant it be offered to another district that is open rather than cancel the round. I know Group 6 keep a spare weekend just for rained out games to be caught up. Please at least look for other options. Coaches are even having trouble getting players to train as they think at the moment if it rains they won't be playing that weekend. Even the point that all those unplayed games could have meant the difference between say 4th or 5th spot on for and against, where 5th doesnt play semi's because (hypothetically) all the "easier" games they didn't get to play and the side in 4th did. Please change this rule, if you want the ICCC to grow, which I think most of us do.:D

Last edited:

***MH***

Bench
I don't think the ICCC will stay together next year in it's current alignment. There's been a bit of friction between the districts lately over cancelled weekends and judiciary issues. The rumor is that Canterbury and Wests will go it alone, leaving Balmain/souths/saints back in ICCC.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Rugby League would be better off if the ICCC stayed united with as many numbers as possible to achieve balanced divisions. Surely washouts can be resolved. If a clubs local council closes it's ground, that club has lost it's home game in any case. Surely playing that round at an opponants open home ground is resonable. If not, the open ground wins on forfiet. If both teams are from the same council area, the match could be deferred. If more than one council area is closed, we have a washout. We will not avoid washouts completely. Also, a spare weekend would not hurt.
As for the Judiciary, I know they try to do the right thing and the Districts should back them.
Just one opinion of many, I'm sure.

footy59

Juniors
I don't think the ICCC will stay together next year in it's current alignment. There's been a bit of friction between the districts lately over cancelled weekends and judiciary issues. The rumor is that Canterbury and Wests will go it alone, leaving Balmain/souths/saints back in ICCC.

I hope your wrong!!! :crazy:Surely grown people can sort these things out to make the game better, rather than say "I'm not playing anymore" It would'nt be much of a comp left if it split like you said, for either of the parties. Maybe thr RL Commission needs to get involved for the good of the game.

P.S Good on the Rams tonight,:D but maybe a bit late for them. :(

footy59

Juniors
Does any body have any ideas that would improve the 2013 ICCC if it goes ahead. I will throw a couple of ideas around and see what you think.

1. Top 4 sides from reserve grade go up to 1st grade making a 11 team comp. There is not much between the top 4 in reserve grade and I believe that they could all step up???
2. You would probably have to start 1 week early and finish 1 week later but the players wont mind that
3. Combine Reserve grade and reserve 2 making a 10 team comp.
4. All rain effected grounds to be offered to the opposing district before cancelling the whole round. (could even be swapped making a home game in the 2nd round of the comp for the swapped game)
5. Keep a spare weekend for rain affected games.
6. Games may be played on the long weekend but only for makeup games.(effectively giving 2 rain weekends
5. Try to get more home and away games equally divided, so that each side plays the opposition once each at their own home ground.
6. 5 team semi finals, played at a good quality venue.

Just ideas, but any opinions?

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Some very good thoughts footy. I think the main issue is washouts. If the ground listed for a game is closed, it should be transferred to an opponents ground if it is open and I agree with your swap theory, although I think this issue is a bit more complicated than being simple but certainly not beyond workable.
It would be difficult to set numbers for A grade and A res because you have no idea of what clubs will have A grade teams. Not all clubs would be able to guarantee an A grade side for a following season, unlike a semi professional comp. And as you know, even Bundy clubs can go pear shaped in a season. So numbers are a season by season proposition.
I agree with home and away games, it's how clubs raise funds.
I think four team semis are fine. You still finish with the right result. Five and Eight team semis were introduced for extra gate revenue, so if your club is not recieving the gate it doesn't really matter.

footy59

Juniors
You are of course correct about the team numbers for next year but if the numbers of teams are available would you rather 2 x 10-12 team comps or 3 X 7-8 comps? taking into consideration that 3 teams withdrew this year.
The semi format I am still unsure about. Maybe if the semi final numbers were dependant on the amount of teams in that comp, 10 team comp or more 5 team semi. 8 team comp or less 4 team semi ??? I like 5 team semi's as the more footy the better.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
footy, ideally, for every team to play each other twice, home & away, 9 - 10 teams x 18 rounds with deferred game provisions, that would do me. But I wouldn't want to see the top team belt the bottom team by a 100 if you know what I mean.

footy59

Juniors
I dont think ??? On the current forms of sides that would be the case, but 2013 is a new year and sides change. The current regrading system seems to be pretty spot on and hopefully that would work as well again. I think All Saints and above them should not be beaten by those scores in 1st grade and Titans at the bottom of R2 still are winning games so it could work. We shall see next year when they tell us how many grades there will be. Ideally get more sides and continue with the current system, but with 3 sides dropping out this year and many sides so unhappy about the rain rule I cant see growth until some changes are implemented.

Ram Man

Juniors
Hey guys, does anyone on here know what it costs to enter a team into the ICCC?
No including player payments but the costs involved in getting a club involved in the comp?

***MH***

Bench
You would need to enter your club into a district before playing in ICCC and the NSWRL will enforce locality boundaries depending on your suburb.

In terms of costs, I have Canterburys fees tabled below.

Under19’s 24 players $360
A Grade or Opens 28 players $420

With setting up a new club, NSWRL have some helpful documents.

http://nswrlwsa.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Images/Files/Board_Committee_draft_1.pdf

On top of your fees per team that you wish to enter, you will need to show cause to your district that your club is financially secure. (sponsorship, local government grants, private funding)

Other costs include insurance, ground hire/lease, training equipment, first aid kits, costs of certifications and administration.

All of this assumes that you currently have no club currently set up. What's your situation?

Roland

Juniors
In the A Grade Major semi at TG Milner today Hurstville 42 beat BNRU 16.

The score was 24-0 at half time. Hurstville looked fairly competent but BNRU didnt show much.

footy59

Juniors
The A res 1 minor semi between Berala and All Saints was 28 all at full time. The decision was made by the Canterbury official that extra time would be played under the Canterbury rules and it would be Golden Point. Berala got the field goal and were declared the winner. The problem is that the ICCC rules clearly state that 5 mins each way be played and if no result then golden point. This is a clear error by the Canterbury official and if the protest is won by All Saints they would have to play a mid week rematch. Both sides played valiantly and do not deserve to have to go out a smash the crap out of each other mid week and be in no shape to back up again on Sunday against Penshurst who lost 25-24 To ESA because of the officials error.

Last edited:

Latest posts