What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ladder

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
I love it. Everyone is writing the Tigers off. Just how we like it. Tigers to suprise everyone and make the 8. I say between 6th & 8th.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Cowboys
2. Storm
3. Bulldogs
4. Broncos
5. Souths
6. Eagles
7. Roosters
8. Sharks

9. Knights
10. Raiders
11. Warriors
12. Dragons
13. Tigers
14. Titans
15. Eels
16. Penrith

Broncos are fourth because I can see Prince firing on all cylinders off the back of a classy forward pack and Yow Yeh to return Round 4 or 5 and retrieve his amazing form. Tigers are going to be towards the bottom of the table and their fans well know it deep down.

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Broncos are fourth because I can see Prince firing on all cylinders off the back of a classy forward pack and Yow Yeh to return Round 4 or 5 and retrieve his amazing form. Tigers are going to be towards the bottom of the table and their fans well know it deep down.

As much as I enjoy watching Yow Yeh in a Broncos jersey (Hate him in a maroons jersey) I doubt he will ever be the same caliber of the player he was. He had a pretty horrific injury and things like that take years to recover especially when there is steel and allot of surgery involved. Let's hope though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I love it. Everyone is writing the Tigers off. Just how we like it. Tigers to suprise everyone and make the 8. I say between 6th & 8th.

Everyone has written the tigers off for pretty much every one of our 14 years (06/11/12) being the exceptions, yet we've only ever made the finals on 3 occasions. I don't think we play any better when people write us off at all

hutch

First Grade
The tigers will be better this year than they were last year. Better squad, fresh new coach and a heap of depth coming through. They won the Toyota cup, Balmain won the sg ball and nsw cup made the gf. Aside from Ellis, the players who are leaving are no great loss.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1). Storm
2). Cowboys
3). Bulldogs
4). South Sydney
5). Sharks
6). Knights
7). Roosters
8). Sea Eagles

9). Titans
10). Dragons
11). Eels
12). Warriors
13). Broncos
14). Tigers
15). Panthers
16). Raiders

Grand Final - Bulldogs vs. Melbourne

innsaneink

Referee
I recall last years thread, I think I got 5 of the eventual top 8....one bloke managed 6

1) Canterbury
2) Melbourne
3) Souths
4) Sharks
5) Manly
6) North Queensland
7) Newcastle
8) Penrith
9) Easts
10) Brisbane
11) Gold Coast
12) New Zealand
13) Wests
14) Canberra
15) Parra
16) St George Illawarra

GF
Souths v NQ

Premiers.
NQ

innsaneink

Referee
The tigers will be better this year than they were last year. Better squad, fresh new coach and a heap of depth coming through. They won the Toyota cup, Balmain won the sg ball and nsw cup made the gf. Aside from Ellis, the players who are leaving are no great loss.

2015/16 our year if Potter is retained
Lots of youth coming thru, little depth currently, little experience, the coach has no players he wants yet, he has to De-Sheensify the current team...this will take three seasons at the least....by then Farah Benji & Galloway & Fulton will have gone.....it will be a new chapter

1) Canterbury
2) Melbourne
3) Easts
4) Souths
5) Manly
6) North Queensland
7) Newcastle
8) Sharks
9) Tigers
10) Brisbane
11) Gold Coast
12) Canberra
13) NZ
14) Parra
15) Saints
16) Penrith

Second year under Dessie will see Dogs win it.

Nothing but sheer bias in the Roosters tip.

Karnivayne

Juniors
1.) Bulldogs
2.) Storm
3.) Rabbitohs
4.) Cowboys
5.) Sharks
6.) Sea Eagles
7.) Panthers
8.) Roosters
9.) Raiders
10.) Knights
11.) Titans
12.) Broncos
13.) Eels
14.) Tigers
15.) Warriors
16.) Dragons

Eddie.

Bench
I recall last years thread, I think I got 5 of the eventual top 8....one bloke managed 6

1) Canterbury
2) Melbourne
3) Souths
4) Sharks
5) Manly
6) North Queensland
7) Newcastle
8) Penrith
9) Easts
10) Brisbane
11) Gold Coast
12) New Zealand
13) Wests
14) Canberra
15) Parra
16) St George Illawarra

GF
Souths v NQ

Premiers.
NQ

Agree with most of your picks. However if the Tigers finish 5 places below Penrith ill give it away. Tigers have far better first graders then the riff no disrespect to them. Name Penrith's best 5 players? I just see that as a very strange call.

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh I may be getting carried away with ALL
their new buys, the still have Luke Walsh in 7....but this is Cleary & Gus putting together the squad they want....Gus may be a mug but they both know Footy

Our top 5 may be better than their top 5, but we know theres more to footy then top 5 players....they wont have trouble going forward with guys like Segeyaro, Grant, L.Brown, McKendry, Manu, Plum, Latimore & Mose Masoe...thats for sure

simmo1

First Grade
1. Storm
2. Rabbitohs
3. Sharks
4. Bulldogs
5. Cowboys
6. Roosters
7. Knights
8. Titans
9. Tigers
10. Sea Eagles
11. Raiders
12. Broncos
13. Warriors
14. Eels
15. Panthers
16. Dragons

GB!

Juniors
anyone with manly outside the 8 is seriously on drugs!

'they' predict our slide every year, i'm still waiting......

f-ing haters

Eddie.

Bench
Yeh I may be getting carried away with ALL
their new buys, the still have Luke Walsh in 7....but this is Cleary & Gus putting together the squad they want....Gus may be a mug but they both know Footy

Our top 5 may be better than their top 5, but we know theres more to footy then top 5 players....they wont have trouble going forward with guys like Segeyaro, Grant, L.Brown, McKendry, Manu, Plum, Latimore & Mose Masoe...thats for sure

Sure Gus knows his footy. However he also went a bought a lot of duds at Souths back in 2002 which set them back years.

It's a decent pack. Can't see any strike power though to finish off the yards. They just lost Lewis, Jennings and Gordon so I'm not sure how they are going to worry teams at all in the opposition 20? If they finish out of the bottom 4 they will have overachieved. Tigers have by far a better roster for this season in my opinion. And I think we will struggle to.

Doomednow

Bench
Jennings and Gordon have done sweet fa for us recently. They are NOT huge losses when you look at the situation practically. It would be nice if people would use their brains instead of seeing their names and instantly forgetting that one has been injured for two years and they other had a pretty damn sub par season last year.

With this in mind:

1. Penrith Panthers
16. NQ Cowboys
16. Canterbury Bulldogs
16. South Sydney
16. Melbourne Storm
16. Cronulla Sharks
16. Sydney Roosters
16. Canberra Raiders
16. Manly Seagulls
16. Brisbane Broncos
16. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights
16. Wests Tigers
16. St George Dragons
16. NZ Warriors
17. GC Titans

I don't really expect much this year but f**k me we've got some armchair geniuses around here. The only real loss is Lewis and good luck to him. Hopefully we can fill his spot with one of our other 22 back rowers.

1. Storm
2. Dogs
3. Souths
4. Sharks
5. Cowboys
6. Sea Eagles
7. Roosters
8. Knights

9. Broncos
10. Warriors
11. Raiders
12. Eels
13. Panthers
14. Tigers
15. Titans
16. Dragons

Vic Mackey

Referee
Jennings and Gordon have done sweet fa for us recently. They are NOT huge losses when you look at the situation practically. It would be nice if people would use their brains instead of seeing their names and instantly forgetting that one has been injured for two years and they other had a pretty damn sub par season last year.

With this in mind:

1. Penrith Panthers
16. NQ Cowboys
16. Canterbury Bulldogs
16. South Sydney
16. Melbourne Storm
16. Cronulla Sharks
16. Sydney Roosters
16. Canberra Raiders
16. Manly Seagulls
16. Brisbane Broncos
16. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights
16. Wests Tigers
16. St George Dragons
16. NZ Warriors
17. GC Titans

I don't really expect much this year but f**k me we've got some armchair geniuses around here. The only real loss is Lewis and good luck to him. Hopefully we can fill his spot with one of our other 22 back rowers.

LOL whilst I don't necisarily agree with your points I understand were you are coming from. Heighington and Ryan are talked about as massive losses for the tigers by all fans except our own. Heighno has been downright terrible for 2-3 years and Ryan is what he is, a solid but unspectacular first grader.korobiete showed more in his 6 games then Ryan has in 6 years of first grade. David nofoaluma lead the tackle busts for the NYC last year and has moved into the full time first grade squad this year, within 12 months he should be better then Ryan ever was.

Plus breaking up the 'super best friends' culture of the tigers can only be a good thing

Latest posts