What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Many teams are starting to release details of next years packages. Thought it was right to start the 2013 Memberships thread with a good story.

It was stated in yesterdays press conference that the ARLC will fight hard in Western Sydney and the Gold Coast to force the AFL out. This is perhaps the first sign?

Titans make kids memberships free in 2013

Adam Gardini

Wednesday 22 August 2012 9:20 AM

00042728-leadimage.jpg

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today launched an innovative new membership structure for season 2013 which will see the club offer free kids memberships to children still at school.
Jetstar Titans Chief Executive Officer David May today announced a revamped membership structure for next season which is designed to make Titans matches more affordable for gold coast families.
The key components of the new-look Titans memberships for season 2013 are:
* Reduced prices across the board;
* Free Junior membership when combined with a paying adult;
* An increase of the Junior age from 12 years to include all children still at school, including high school.
* An upgrade of the ‘Sand’ membership category to the ‘Steel’ membership category;
* The removal of the ‘Club’ membership;
* A change to the 4 Game Flexi membership. In 2013, 4 Game Flexi Members will have the ability to choose from three sets of 4 Games, nominated by the Club on release of the 2013 draw.
May said the decision to make kids memberships free for season 2013 was based purely on making Titans games more accessible and more affordable for Gold Coast families.
“One of the main messages we have received in speaking with Titans fans in the last few weeks, is that families are doing it tougher than anyone else - so we felt it was time to make some changes to our pricing structure,’’ said May.
“By making kids memberships free, it's our way of helping to ease the pressure on families that love their rugby league but have been restricted by economic factors in the past.
“We also heard that our supporters wanted us to increase the age of ‘juniors’. So we've included all school children, including those in high school, as there are lots of kids still living at home over the age of 12 that regularly attend the football with their parents.’’
May said the club’s launch of a more affordable membership pricing structure in the same week that the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) announced a fixed match schedule in the game’s new billion dollar broadcast rights provided a major windfall for all Titans fans.
“Fixed game scheduling and price were two of the biggest issues that fans have spoken to us about - so the fact that both have been addressed for season 2013 is a win-win situation for Titans fans,’’ said May.
Under the new membership structure there are savings for fans right across the board, headlined by a reduction of more than $500 for a family of 4 Titanium membership.

ByRd

First Grade
Good stuff by the Titans, they needed to do something and this is a good sign!!

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
This is what I was hoping for with the larger club grants teams can subsidize membership prices affordable to the fan base. I'm guessing most teams will be dropping prices across the board

Renewed two Broncos premium white memberships today: $245 a piece. Not the cheapest, I guess, for two seats, behind the posts on level 5, but I like them.

Charlie124

First Grade
Im really hoping the Cows come up with a better "out of town supporter" membership package that includes more than just a keyring, cap and stickers. I believe they did a members jersey this year so if they do the same next season ill get my arse in to gear earlier and try to snare one of them.

blukablu

Juniors
You can say that agaon, $245 for behind the post seats, geez that is steep!

That's less than $21/ game. Don't know if you've ever been to Suncorp but behind the posts is still an excellent view. I agree that Bronco's membership could come down a bit although it's probably still the cheapest live sport your going to get in Brisbane never mind the best value.

Ever thought about the $195 second tier corner seats? Easily the best view for the cheapest price.

I don't mind where I am to be completely honest. My aisle is right next to The Milton Room, a food outlet and a Quick Beers outlet. what more could I ask for?

As for the view, I don't mind the end on perspective of the game.

That's less than $21/ game. Don't know if you've ever been to Suncorp but behind the posts is still an excellent view. I agree that Bronco's membership could come down a bit although it's probably still the cheapest live sport your going to get in Brisbane never mind the best value.

The cheapest entertainment in town is free Lions tickets given away at Auskick. :shock: Everyone at my young one's school, who were co-opted into Auskick with the promise of free bags etc, got given tickets to the last game. Don't know how many from the school went but I saw in the paper that there were only 18-odd thousand at the game. Guess cheap isn't everything. :lol:

Band On The Run

Juniors
As a uni student I haven't been able to make many games due to uni commitments. With Broncos Awesome Foursome memberships, we should be allowed to pick the four games as the season goes along (obviously subject to capacity). Currently I'm just a non-member that just pays at the gate if I can make a game (so far been able to make the double header and the Sharks game, although should be able to make the Panthers game).

Although I'm considering getting the Captain's membership next year. Seems like decent enough value for $30.

The cheapest entertainment in town is free Lions tickets given away at Auskick. :shock: Everyone at my young one's school, who were co-opted into Auskick with the promise of free bags etc, got given tickets to the last game. Don't know how many from the school went but I saw in the paper that there were only 18-odd thousand at the game. Guess cheap isn't everything. :lol:

You can actually get it on a certain site just by pretending to be a school student.

azza29

Juniors
Storm packages are up. Reserved seat memberships now include an "exclusive notebook and pen set" which I'm sure will help to boost numbers significantly... :roll:

GA is $195 with juniors only $40, and a 1 adult/2 juniors GA membership is $230 so very affordable for families. All pretty reasonable IMO.

At the high end prices haven't increased too much - Premiers club (cat 1) is $465 up from $450 in 2012.

Once again no zero-game memberships but the quad pass is back, as is the $20 single-game 'try pass'.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, Dogs' brochures arrived at the club yesterday and are in mailboxes tomorrow to arrive early next week.

According to this web story - Bulldogs Membership go on sale MONDAY

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-disp...ext-Week/65188

Throughout Grand Final week, I think they were also selling Pledge Memberships to new Members - so hopefully we should already have a few hundred!!!!

PLEDGE MEMBERSHIP DETAILS ARE HERE: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-disp...SALE-NOW/64399

woooooooooo 2013 cant come soon enough

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Congrats to the Bulldogs on their "Pledge Membership" initiative. I've always wondered why teams don't try to lever off a run to the GF by selling memberships for the following year, prior to the GF. Make the most of the fans passion while it's still pumping through the veins. Sure the draw may not be out, but unless a club is poorly run (ie my eels), they should know exactly WHERE they are going to play their home games the following season, maybe just not WHEN.

I've seen it done in other sports, but as usual the NRL is behind the times.