What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Intrust Super Cup Grand Final - Northern Pride V Easts Tigers

The Partisan

Thought I would get the ball rolling.

Two teams who have shown great form all year clashing for the crown.

Looks like Easts may be playing a bit busted based on yesterdays game but time will tell.

For mine its - Pride by 12 +

(As a sideline it seems a bit of a shame the winner can't celebrate too much with the National Championship to be played on NRL GF day :p )

John Fifita

Coach
Shame if you can't. The finals this year is an example of how I like footy. Less wrestle, fatigue and mistakes coming in at the end of halves. A more open style.

The QRL has been stream lining some of the finals from their website this year so I assume they'll be doing the same for the gf.

As for a tip, I think the Tigers will finally overcome their 23 year drought for a first grade title and win by 6.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Couldn't bear it.

Go the Pride - clearly the best team all year and deserve to win.

23 year drought ? You would think Easts had won the last ten premierships given the arrogance of their supporters. Wynnum aren't a greatly successful club but have won three titles since Easts won their last.

Put it in perspective - Valleys won the year before Easts won their last one and they have been gone a long time now.

Haffa

Couldn't bear it.

Go the Pride - clearly the best team all year and deserve to win.

23 year drought ? You would think Easts had won the last ten premierships given the arrogance of their supporters. Wynnum aren't a greatly successful club but have won three titles since Easts won their last.

:lol: And wynnum have perfect supporters!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
What a load of rubbish.

Wynnum supporters are well used to being down the ladder and cope with it a lot better than most.

I was born in 1957 - Wynnum made the Semis in 1959 (too young to remember), then not again until 1975 and that was with an eight team comp. Then they went back to being wooden spooners before making the Preliminary final in 1981 and winning their first Premiership the following year.

Plenty of lean years from 1988 until the Premiership out of the blue in 1995 (remember the day when Easts lost four Grand Finals :D). Up and down since then.

Glad I've stirred the pot. Go Pride.

Haffa

Wynnum supporters can't handle anything other than being told theirs is the greatest club that ever was and ever will be.

Put things any other way and they turn to water.
Agreed. The way a few of them handled things when the writing was on the wall on the weekend would have amusing if there wasn't a heap of kids around. Was much the same a couple of weeks ago at kougari.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Well you certainly do not cope with losing to Easts at all. In fact you couldn't get on the Pride bandwagon quick enough.

There is a major chip on the shoulders of Wynnum supporters towards the Tigers, and this probably comes from all those years of hopelessness.

"Go Pride"? I mean come on, that's just pathetic.

juanfarkall

Coach
I can understand the chip on the shoulder of the baysiders.
Most unemployed tards who live in caravan parks have the shits with the world and also with anyone who can lace up their own shoes.

The Partisan

Back to the game .....:roll:....

I do hope both can be at their best on Sunday as it would set up a great game.

Also hope the predicted showers don't eventuate - though i think even their prediction will have an impact on the crowd. Certainly those in the 'maybe i'll go along' category.

As for the Easts / Wynnum banter. Be happy to have a club to support - as many of us ex BRL fans have lost ours ! :(

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Grand Final update: Game day notice

QRL Media

Thu 25th September, 01:30PM

Pride of the North v Eye of the Tiger

Record crowds for the Intrust Super Cup are expected to emerge on Suncorp Stadium for this Sunday’s Grand Final, with pre-sold tickets sales at levels never witnessed before, ensuring the home of rugby league is the only place to be this weekend.

The afternoon will feature the two best teams from Queensland’s premier rugby league competition with minor premiers Northern Pride taking on Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup, along with a live performance by Australian pop rock band Thirsty Merc, delivering at least 20 good reasons to be part of the crowd.

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2014/09/25/grand_final_update_game_day_notice.html

The Partisan

Is this the first year that the GF has been played at SS since Ch.9 started broadcasting the Qld Cup games ?

If so, I wonder if that has had a bearing on the crowd numbers ?

Certainly still getting plugged on radio (well Triple M anyway !)

(The Kingston Press Championship GF in the England RL is on next weekend. Would be a good incentive / reward for our National Champ to play their winner on the same weekend as the World Club Challenge)

(The Kingston Press Championship GF in the England RL is on next weekend. Would be a good incentive / reward for our National Champ to play their winner on the same weekend as the World Club Challenge)

A fantastic idea but probably one that will remain in the imaginations of we trainspotters... I find it hard to imagine anyone in either the NSWRL and QRL thinking it would be worthwhile. Having heard what someone like Big Mal thinks of the English game (that is, "Queensland Cup is superior to Super League") I doubt they think it would be anywhere near an even competition.