What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Intrust Super Cup Grand Final - Northern Pride V Easts Tigers

Wonder what crowd they are expecting. From memory that last gf at suncorp got around 10k. So if they are talking this up to be huge could we see maybe 15-20k. That would be massive. I think not having any qld team in the NRL finals will help.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
With only one Brisbane club involved 10k would be the limit of expectations.

I love Easts but they do not have as much support as other Brisbane clubs unfortunately. However, expect a bit of a roll up from the Wynnum crowd for the reserve grade encounter.

The Partisan

Well done Xxxx Cap ! A great effort and truly deserves recognition. Will have to see if the QRL can add another statue out the front !

Would a pose of you with a tinnie, transistor radio and terry toweling hat be appropriate ? :D

PS. Any idea what happened to forumers like Mud, Sgt Schultz, Big Tommy etc ?

Haffa

I'll be there with my daughter. She'll spend 4 hours chasing the tiger mascots for hugs, but at least she enjoys going to the footy.

I don't think they've cracked 10000 in any of the previous Q Cup grand finals (definitely none at Suncorp anyway) and can't see that changing for another year with the Pride one of the teams. Wynnum/Redcliffe in 2012 was the best in 9700 and worst was the one they hosted at Kawana (2000-3000).

At least, they're trying to promote it anyway.

I don't think they've cracked 10000 in any of the previous Q Cup grand finals (definitely none at Suncorp anyway) and can't see that changing for another year with the Pride one of the teams. Wynnum/Redcliffe in 2012 was the best in 9700 and worst was the one they hosted at Kawana (2000-3000).

I'm sure that Easts/Burleigh final (2004?) was more than 10k. Memory could be playing tricks.

steeden.

Juniors
7135 at Suncorp today. I remember reading, back in 2012, that the crowd was posted as being below 10,000 intentionally so that they didn't have to pay the transport surcharge? I could be wrong though!