What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Intrust Super Cup - Grand Final venue ???

The Partisan

Any news as yet on the whereabouts of this year's GF ?

Guessing it will be at a suburban ground. Lessens the stature of the competition in my humble opinion.

Shame a 20K Stadium wasn't built somewhere in inner city Brisbane.

paulmac

Juniors
Should be at Ballymore.Capacity of about 18000 which would be more suitable.Dolphin Oval can fit about 12000 in.Lang Park to big IMO.

Haffa

Good. Ippy was a pain last year and the facilities were pretty bare. Very amateur.

Brutus

Referee
Best chance for a big Intrust Super Cup GF crowd would be Wynnum v PNG Hunters.

These two teams play Kougari on Sunday. Should be standing room only.

The Partisan

May have dreamt it whilst half a sleep on the couch last night - but I'm sure i saw an add for the GF on Channel 9 or one of its affiliates ?

Wan't too bad an add .......if it is real :D:D!!!

PS. Glad we have a top 5 for our 13 team comp unlike the farcial Top 8 in the NSW Cup with their 13 team comp.

Haffa

:lol: Wynnum, bit of justice for last week.

Bring on the Pride.

Easts Wynnum GF would get 30k. Two weeks in a row standing room only at both venues.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
:lol: Wynnum, bit of justice for last week.

Bring on the Pride.

Easts Wynnum GF would get 30k. Two weeks in a row standing room only at both venues.

(A) Justice for what ? Easts had every chance last week - got penalties 5-0 in the second half and had a mountain of possession. Wynnum should have received a penalty for the strip on Dylan Smith four minutes from time so the last decision was a bit of "justice" if you like that term.

(B) Redcliffe v Wynnum in 2012 got less than 10,000 so it wouldn't be much different to that. The days of 30,000 crowds for local football are long gone.

Haffa

Should have used the word revenge. Still any time Wynnum lose there is a sense of justice in the world.

I'd expect more than 10k. Especially if the QLD teams are out of the NRL.

Packy

Bench
They should make it a day about kids. I've been to the last 4 or so excluding last year and the one thing that I got out of it is that kids could have a great day. Put up jumping castles up, face paint.. All the shit they do on game day as suburban grounds. Get a few kids talking about it....

XXXX Cap

Juniors
There hasn't been a lot wrong with the two Grand Final days held at Ipswich.

Better atmosphere there in a lot of ways than at Suncorp. Having two close and exciting games there also helped.

Packy

Bench
I understand that, but for a neutral such as myself... I just CBF going to Ipswich.

I like that you can sit in the Western stand and cop shade and pretty much enjoy seats I usually wouldn't be able to.

As I didn't go to Ipswich I am certainly not going to be critical. I just wish that a huge day could be made out of it somehow.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
There are arguments both ways with the Grand Final venue these days with no perfect answer available. I'd be happy if they kept mixing it up between Suncorp and other venues, as long as we don't go back to Kawana.

Most appalling Grand Final of the 49 I've been to since 1965.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
An absolute arm wrestle. Great to have the live feed on the QRL site.

7-6 to Easts at half time. Just a single penalty goal in the second half.

The Partisan

Oh well.. there goes the Easts v Wynnum GF opportunity ! Working on the theory that Wynnum win today their sponsors must be happy with the amount of TV exposure to finish the season. :D

Great to see the GF getting promoted on both TV ( on Fox at least) and radio.

Hopefully the weather gods are kind on the day.

Latest posts