What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R19 - Sea Eagles 15-14* Warriors @ nib Stadium

Round 19: Sea Eagles v Warriors

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leber

Bench
Johnson shouldn't run the ball on the fourth tackle? Oh my god?!!

In the closing of a game when the scores are level, no. He shouldn't.

Johnson pit lisone under pressure. The error is on him. Still, lisone should have passed it to Lolohea to take the Sho.....

Oh wait a minute...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Lisone had a good game apart from that.

If Lolohea was on the field, he could have taken a shot
He lost the ball and lucky for us the reff called it a strip. It's that he passes a lot so obviously he's on as a loosie.

He should've KNOWN to settle and give Johnson a closer look at a drop kick but INSTEAD, he feeds Johnson and then HE sets up for the droppie.

Meth

Staff member
Johnson shouldn't run the ball on the fourth tackle? Oh my god?!!

Bro he does quite a bit, you should watch the Warriors. I bet you he'll run it on the 4th tackle.

Under those circumstances...

Be careful. We've recently adopted a 'no dickhead' policy at the Warriors, and you are being a dickhead.

Meth

Staff member
Look, Lisone got the ball and PASSED it to Johnson who had no choice but to run it. While that was happening LISONE set up in pivot position for the drop kick.

DID YOU SEE LISONE TAKE A DROP KICK?

DID YOU SEE THAT? FFS that PROVES my point.

He had no choice to run it?

He had guys outside him.

He's a halfback.

Lisone looked like an idiot- of course he did, he's a prop taking a field goal in torrential rain. But Johnson should have been directing traffic from tackle 1 to get himself into position to take a shot. Headless chookery

Leber

Bench
He lost the ball and lucky for us the reff called it a strip. It's that he passes a lot so obviously he's on as a loosie.

He should've KNOWN to settle and give Johnson a closer look at a drop kick but INSTEAD, he feeds Johnson and then HE sets up for the droppie.
And after he fed Johnson, Johnson should have set another player up by passing it to him, and get back in place for the shot on the 5th.

He didn't, and got himself tacked.

Meth

Staff member
And after he fed Johnson, Johnson should have set another player up by passing it to him, and get back in place for the shot on the 5th.

He didn't, and got himself tacked.

Hey Leber. Good point, but ZEROMISSTACKLES has watched the replay...so, yeah...he's correct, because he's watched the replay...so he's correct....because he's watched the replay...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He had no choice to run it?

He had guys outside him.

He's a halfback.

Lisone looked like an idiot- of course he did, he's a prop taking a field goal in torrential rain. But Johnson should have been directing traffic from tackle 1 to get himself into position to take a shot. Headless chookery
No. Lisone should of taken the tackle but he passed it to Johnson. I just rewinded it on my sky and I'm so bloody right, I can't wait for yous to watch it and go 'oh true, he was right'.

Meth

Staff member
No. Lisone should of taken the tackle but he passed it to Johnson. I just rewinded it on my sky and I'm so bloody right, I can't wait for yous to watch it and go 'oh true, he was right'.

Of course Lisone should have taken the bloody tackle!! And of course he wasn't the guy to take the field goal.

But he's a prop.

Johnson is a half.

It's Johnson's responsibility to direct the play. Not Lisone's

gordynz

Juniors
You lost every stat except missed tackles, so to say you were the better team for 90℅ is garbage.

Mate apart from the first 10 minutes the Warriors completely controlled the game. Manly may have held onto the ball but they were never threatening unless the Warriors let them back in with a silly penalty or error. If someone who didn't watch the game just looked at the stats sheet they would get the completely wrong picture.

Leber

Bench
If Lisone settles, Johnson can set up for the droppie. Easy.

But (and you watched the reply, so you would know) lisone didn't settle and he passed it.

So, given that Johnson received the ball on the 4th (as per the replay that you watched) what should johnsons next move have been?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Of course Lisone should have taken the bloody tackle!! And of course he wasn't the guy to take the field goal.

But he's a prop.

Johnson is a half.

It's Johnson's responsibility to direct the play. Not Lisone's
Props that feed their halves instead of running it hard and straight, let's see?? Moa? JWH? I know there are some props that feed but he should've settled like most props do. Does SJ really have to hold Lisones hand?

Stuff Lisone. I'll take SJ over Lisone anyway.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
But (and you watched the reply, so you would know) lisone didn't settle and he passed it.

So, given that Johnson received the ball on the 4th (as per the replay that you watched) what should johnsons next move have been?
What Lisone did. Set up for the droppie.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

Don't talk to me boy. Go watch the replay. I have. It's stronger than both our words.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Hey Leber. Good point, but ZEROMISSTACKLES has watched the replay...so, yeah...he's correct, because he's watched the replay...so he's correct....because he's watched the replay...
No need for those childish jokes where I do have a point. I can easily go on about "under no circumstances should SJ run on the fourth tackle" that's the WORSE thing anyone's heard but you don't see me giving you crap about that, do I?

I'm just saying. Props normally hit it up as close to the posts for their halves to have a good shot at a droppie. That happens HEAPS but not tonight. Lisone decided He was going to set up.