What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R20 - Broncos 12-31 Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Round 20: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
Surely Oates performance last night deserves a spray aswell. Dead set couldn't have been less interested last night

mxlegend99

Referee
How can people bag Maranta out? He was Wayne Bennets first pick as an All Star.

The guy is just too good for those around him

Spot On

Coach
Milford has been unhappy since Bennett banned him from playing for Samoa and it shows

He aint the same player since about that time, that's a no brainer.

He didn't bother to chase Blake when he broke away. Thought that was piss weak.

Big Pete

Referee
I really hope the Panthers kick on from last night's win.

I thought they were really good, they hopped on the back of Merrin and it just gave Moylan the time and space to weave his magic.

It was interesting, but not too surprising to see the two guys who missed the previous clash step up for the Panthers.

I just hope last night's win was more than Anthony Griffin doing his homework against Bennett. As a Broncos fan, I can tell you the wins we had against Newcastle usually amounted to nothing and whenever we'd come away with a draw or lose to them, as fans we knew we were in huge trouble.

I really hope it isn't the case and more that Cleary, Fisher-Harris, Latu, Yeo etc. have come of age.

As for the Broncos, they didn't turn up. It was an incredibly stupid and weak performance, and on the back of it, I could easily see them losing their next six games. Until they turn up and start playing serious footy, they don't deserve to be in the finals.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Worse than Scott Minto? Big call allright.

Compared to maranta minto is an international.
The age difference really showed in this game.
The panthers forward ran hard and the Broncos old gunners weren't ready to put on big shots. They looked scared of getting hurt.
Bennett needs to be asked some serious questions. Origin is long gone so if he uses that it show he's completely clueless.
Hunt could be replaced by a cheerleader and you wouldn't notice and maranta is an embarrassment to the entire club.

GongPanther

Referee
You dudes played well but you can't deny that Brisbane gave you a few presents re: Ben Hunts 2 kicks out on the full, Oates dogging a few high bombs plus a 100m run away try

Congrats on the win

Those two "presents" came about from the continual good play and relentless pressure from Penrith.Brisbane resorted to throwing the dice,and it didn't come off.

I seen the game again,and it was the most complete team performance this year.

Noname36

First Grade
Be interesting if Brisbane do go on to miss the finals this year. Not sure if they could bounce back from that after giving away the position they have this season. Wouldn't surprise me if Bennett threw the towel in just before the shit really hits the fan going off recent history.