What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R23 - Raiders 22-8 Storm @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Round 23: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 23
Canberra Raiders v Melbourne Storm
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Monday 15 August 2016

Gates 5:30pm / NRL 7pm

CAN-16teamlist2.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Brenko Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Iosia Soliola
Interchange: 14. Adam Clydsdale 15. Luke Bateman 16. Clay Priest 17. Joseph Tapine

MEL-16teamlist.png

1. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Blake Green 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Tim Glasby 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Christian Welch 16. Felise Kaufusi 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Steve Chiddy

[colour=Red]U20s NYC[/color]
Raiders v Storm @ Seiffert Oval, Sat 5:30pm

ISP NSW
Mounties
v Newtown @ Aubrey Keech, Sat 3pm

ISC QLD
Sunshine Coast
v Capras @ Sunshine Coast, Sun 1:40pm (CH9/SC QLD)
Wynnum Manly v Easts @ BMD Kougari, Sun 3pm

Head to Head
Overall 36 - Raiders 10, Storm 26
At GIO Stadium 18 - Raiders 6, Storm 12
Last 5 - Raiders 2, Storm 3​

Last edited by a moderator:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Big big game for us. We win this and I can’t see us finishing outside the Top 4.

Trouble is that Melbourne are by far and away the best defensive team in the comp and I think they’ll frustrate the hell out us.

The_Shield

Juniors
The best offence up against the best defence. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. Storm need to improve over their last couple of games. But I think they will be up for this one. Does anyone know how Blake Austin is? Will he play?

moffla

Bench
We've been lucky of late so I'm expecting a loss. Might be the kick in the arse we need to get back into full swing though. Raiders by 4

The_Shield

Juniors
We've been lucky of late so I'm expecting a loss. Might be the kick in the arse we need to get back into full swing though. Raiders by 4

I think the game against the bunnies was a real wake up call. Bellamy and Smith weren't too happy after it. They'll be better this weekend

Hawkins

Juniors
I'm taking my Dad to the game, I obviously want the raiders to win, but kinda hope its a good game to watch live also.

GongPanther

Referee
Melbourne had their heads on this game last week when Souths thought they played well enough to win.

Canberra to realise how a game is going to be played the hard way,although the Raiders to complete a great finish by scoring in the corner to squeeze out a win by the barest of margins by 54-16.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For those going - as per the opening post there's no U20s at the ground on Monday - being played instead at ol' Seiffert on Saturday evening.

TheFrog

Coach
The Raiders seem to have realised their potential in recent times, in fact they are just about the form side in the comp. The Storm appear to be slumping like all the other Qld sides, and I think this will be a bridge too far.

moffla

Bench
The Raiders seem to have realised their potential in recent times, in fact they are just about the form side in the comp. The Storm appear to be slumping like all the other Qld sides, and I think this will be a bridge too far.

I agree we are a bit rough at the moment but we are streaks ahead of Broncos and Cowboys currently.