What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R23 - Raiders 22-8 Storm @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Round 23: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paullyboy

Coach
Amazing to see such a huge crowd in Canberra on a Monday night against a team that brings zero fans.

Now if only the NRL took notice and realised how much good a home Preliminary Final would do for the game of rugby league in Canberra rather than playing it in Western f*cking Sydney (I realise we are a long, long way from getting a home Prelim Final, but still, it needs to be discussed now and not in 4 weeks time).

_Johnsy

Referee
Canberra outplayed the Storm absolutely. Not denying that. And that's a big reason that Melbourne were off their game. But your an idiot if you seriously think that's the best Melbourne can play. Their last tackle options were terrible tonight. Very un-Melbourne like to be tackled on last tackle so many times.

I didn't even hint that it was the best Melbourne can play (not in any way shape or form), that's something you've assumed. Your assumptions are making an ass of you.

Melbourne completely off their game, not at all. You neglected to acknowledge Canberra's ability& put it down to Melbourne being completely off their game, what a load of complete & utter horse shyte.

It's round 23 remember, until this week Melbourne were the premiership favourites and considered by many, many experts as the team to beat. Canberra's defence & hustle/desperation were the reason Melbourne played the way they did. The fact you didn't acknowledge Canberra's effort until I called you on "Completely off their game" comment speaks volumes.

The_Shield

Juniors
I didn't even hint that it was the best Melbourne can play (not in any way shape or form), that's something you've assumed. Your assumptions are making an ass of you.

Melbourne completely off their game, not at all. You neglected to acknowledge Canberra's ability& put it down to Melbourne being completely off their game, what a load of complete & utter horse shyte.

It's round 23 remember, until this week Melbourne were the premiership favourites and considered by many, many experts as the team to beat. Canberra's defence & hustle/desperation were the reason Melbourne played the way they did. The fact you didn't acknowledge Canberra's effort until I called you on "Completely off their game" comment speaks volumes.

What a load of bullsh!t. I think you need to read my posts buddy. I clearly state that it's the best Canberra have played in a long time and they defended brilliantly.

How is that not giving the raiders some credit?

Melbourne were nowhere near their best, therefore they were off their game. Is it really that hard to understand?

snoozer

Bench
well done raiders! payed unreal, got in their faces and f**ked them over.

most diabolical ref display too - they tried real hard to keep the sterm in the game in that 2nd half.

legend

Coach
What a load of bullsh!t. I think you need to read my posts buddy. I clearly state that it's the best Canberra have played in a long time and they defended brilliantly.

How is that not giving the raiders some credit?

Melbourne were nowhere near their best, therefore they were off their game. Is it really that hard to understand?

Sometimes you can only play as well as the opposition lets you. Last night was one of those nights.

The_Shield

Juniors
Sometimes you can only play as well as the opposition lets you. Last night was one of those nights.

Yeah. All I was saying was Melbourne weren't at their best, but then Johnsy started twisting my words saying I wasn't giving the Raiders any credit. which just isn't true. But anyway, I'll move on to the next game. Hoping McLean is back and Bellamy brings Kaufusi and NAS back into the team