What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

El Diablo

Post Whore
You wish. Crowd data is sourced from the match reports at NRL.com. capacity figures are from austadiums. If you have corrections, Ive never not been happy to make them.
Norman, i'm not bored enough to check your maths and if every single crowd figure is correct

i do know that your rating figures have been wrong because you only use preliminary overnight numbers

El Diablo

Post Whore
Posted the negative tweet.

You clearly take pleasure in bashing the code.
that's because he's a troll

95% of his posts are in the crowd threads and all of them are negative

the rest of his posts are largely negative too and are in the ratings and jerseys topics

footy75

Bench
ill type slowly for you so you can keep up

they don't follow any other sport any more then anyone else

except for the fumbling montrosity they call their own which they think everyone loves
or will love once they watch it
hence... delusional bubble dwellers par excellence

got it now !!

Yes I've got it.
Every other state has the same interest and draws the same crowds for tennis, horse racing, motor racing etc etc. I agree and I don't think your hate of AFL and therefore Victoria clouds your thinking/opinion. But thanks for typing slow, I appreciate it.

The_Wookie

Bench
Norman, i'm not bored enough to check your maths and if every single crowd figure is correct

i do know that your rating figures have been wrong because you only use preliminary overnight numbers

Thats because theres simply not enough consolidated data released to even compile it properly. Previous data sources simply no longer exist. We no longer get data from Regional TAM and ThinkTV. The consolidated data we get is limited to the ASTRA stv top 10 and a metro fta top 20 from tvtonight - which does not include regionals or multichannels.

While preliminary overnights may not be as accurate as we'd all like, its the only measure for which we get all like for like data for all codes.

Jatz15

Juniors
Thats because theres simply not enough consolidated data released to even compile it properly. Previous data sources simply no longer exist. We no longer get data from Regional TAM and ThinkTV. The consolidated data we get is limited to the ASTRA stv top 10 and a metro fta top 20 from tvtonight - which does not include regionals or multichannels.

While preliminary overnights may not be as accurate as we'd all like, its the only measure for which we get all like for like data for all codes.
He is venting, he isn't after a rational debate.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Broncos V Penrith 28000
Souths V Manly 10500
Cowboys V Parramatta 14000
Titans V Knights 10500
Bulldogs V Raiders 13000
Tigers V Sharks 15000
Warriors V Roosters 12000
Dragons V Melbourne 15000

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can't help but make a negative post after such positive crowds.

It's facts, they are neutral, you're perception of the facts will make them a negative or a positive.

he even uses figures that are from an AFL fan which may not even be correct
Tin foil hat at the ready Lol.

Thankfully no one gives a flying f**k about your opinion

Please feel free to hit the ignore button.

Funny how the " poorly " attended games were games where only one team would've had supporters show up.

This is what Perth would be faced with every single home game if they had a team.

They'd get no supporters from away teams.
It'd be much worse than an East coast team based game.

Not so, 2 of the 4 crowds I rated excellent or ok were one team town games (Melb &canb). One of the poor crowds was two sets of fans.

I'd be happy if we were facing 20k crowds like Melbourne got.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
No idea what you are talking about lol.

As a rule, natural disasters aside, for a code that wants to be seen as number one in Australia my crowd ratings are:
sub 14k poor
around 15-16k ok
17k plus excellent

Sydney clubs get the benefit of two sets of fans for many games yet many all Sydney games are still struggling to break 15k which is pretty depressing. Let's hope the nrl schedules better from next year and one day they dictate tv decisions not let tv dictate at the expense of fans attendences.

Canard

Immortal
It's facts, they are neutral, you're perception of the facts will make them a negative or a positive.

Tin foil hat at the ready Lol.

Please feel free to hit the ignore button.

Not so, 2 of the 4 crowds I rated excellent or ok were one team town games (Melb &canb). One of the poor crowds was two sets of fans.

I'd be happy if we were facing 20k crowds like Melbourne got.

/ignore

carcharias

Immortal
No idea what you are talking about lol.

As a rule, natural disasters aside, for a code that wants to be seen as number one in Australia my crowd ratings are:
sub 14k poor
around 15-16k ok
17k plus excellent

Sydney clubs get the benefit of two sets of fans for many games yet many all Sydney games are still struggling to break 15k which is pretty depressing. Let's hope the nrl schedules better from next year and one day they dictate tv decisions not let tv dictate at the expense of fans attendences.

Of course you have no idea ...I speak the truth.
You live in a dream world where big crowds turn the TV off and travel hours and hours to get ripped off to watch footy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh that 20km drive/train trip across Sydney is such a hardship lol

Try travelling from East Yorkshire to barrow in february, but some of us are just more committed to our clubs I guess.

T to the T

Juniors

Try travelling from East Yorkshire to barrow in february, but some of us are just more committed to our clubs I guess.
To be fair, you don't a reason to be getting away from Hull, it's a shithole where bugger all happens. Still carry on bashing Sydney teams and you'll get the responses you deserve

carcharias

Immortal

It's about 20 kms to shark park from my joint...and I live in the shire.
Some days it can take me up to an hour to go from door to seat.

If I catch the train I more than likely have to change lines.
I'd still have to drive to the station anyway.

Bus?
I may as well walk.

So imagine the joy of trying to get to The SFS on a Friday arvo.
Or Leichhardt or Brookvale.
There's not even a station very close or at all.

Why on earth would I want to even go to East Yorkshire?
It's the Kogarah of England.

Latest posts