What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Jamberoo

Juniors
Great crowd in Melbourne given the missing stars. They did some work on getting people to the game with a pre game food festival around the stadium, good effort storm!
Are you watching south Sydney?
Nah, just a family friendly time and not up against any big AFL games. Most casual fans here would not have known the SOO players would be out.
Given the NRL draw is done after the AFL's with better fixturing reckon a 20k average is more than achievable. They should make 5/5.30pm Saturdays our slot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
manly v warriors better sell out in perth in 2 weeks

It'll be lucky to get 15k, such is the state of the nrl. Don't blame the customers.

I'm still deciding if it is worth spending $180 on two teams I dont really care about. Might do the Sydney thing and wait to see if it's raining.

adamkungl

Immortal
It'll be lucky to get 15k, such is the state of the nrl. Don't blame the customers.

I'm still deciding if it is worth spending $180 on two teams I dont really care about. Might do the Sydney thing and wait to see if it's raining.

The NRL has its issues but how is this year any different to recent years where Perth has drawn more interest? From here it seems like the NRL is showing Perth more consistent attention than ever, despite no commitment to actual expansion.

Valheru

Coach
Any indications on how Adelaide's selling?

My PAX is ~4800 but that was a month ago.

Looking at the website there are very few bays with CAT1 tickets available and the Storm supporters bays (of which there are 2) were sold out when I last looked at it.

The club touted a potential 30k crowd when they first announced the fixture, no idea if that is realistic or not.

Marlins

Juniors

Looking at the website there are very few bays with CAT1 tickets available and the Storm supporters bays (of which there are 2) were sold out when I last looked at it.

The club touted a potential 30k crowd when they first announced the fixture, no idea if that is realistic or not.
Getting anything near 20k would be fantastic.

POPEYE

Coach
The NRL has its issues but how is this year any different to recent years where Perth has drawn more interest? From here it seems like the NRL is showing Perth more consistent attention than ever, despite no commitment to actual expansion.
Maybe potential Perth supporters were just putting in the effort in the past to show the NRL how keen they were . . . only a f**king donkey will chase a carrot on a stick forever

El Diablo

Post Whore

lol

excuses already

adamkungl

Immortal

Previous club games in Adelaide haven't drawn particularly impressive crowds have they?

DlEHARD

Juniors

Jesus. That's wrong. We should be making it cheaper to get more people, not more expensive to turn people away.

Could we get the tickets prices from previous years?

Fans need a peak body to fight this sort of crap.

Valheru

Coach
Previous club games in Adelaide haven't drawn particularly impressive crowds have they?

No, but from memory they have been at hindmarsh stadium which is a rubbish location. Even the crows and port adelaide have seen ~15k increase in average attendance by moving away from the out of the way "football park" to adelaide oval which is basically in the city with all the entertainment you could ask for within a 10 minute walk.

In other words the location should be more palatable to both the locals, who should snap up any freebies/corporate tickets and foreigners alike.

El Diablo

Post Whore

beave

Coach
No, but from memory they have been at hindmarsh stadium which is a rubbish location. Even the crows and port adelaide have seen ~15k increase in average attendance by moving away from the out of the way "football park" to adelaide oval which is basically in the city with all the entertainment you could ask for within a 10 minute walk.

In other words the location should be more palatable to both the locals, who should snap up any freebies/corporate tickets and foreigners alike.

When NQ were pushing hard for this new stadium in the Tvl CBD, they flew the mayor of Adelaide up for the big pow wow the local and state govs put on to discuss if it should go ahead so he could put forward the benefits the new Adelaide Oval has had for the city and the 2 teams that use it. I have heard that this helped it greatly to get over the line, the Crows and Power have had significantly better crowds since moving. Its a shame Sydney is a geographic shambles, centralized stadium just doesn't work for some of the teams.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I think that's the point, the big crowds were on the back of a real possibility and hope that we were going to get a perth team. Since it has become clear that isn't going to happen for many many years, if ever, I get a sense of less interest generally in NRL. That and as I said I think there is a general malaise around the game at the moment everywhere and perth is just reflective of that as it is in Sydney and elsewhere.

We might be pleasantly surprised and it might get the 20k plus it did a few years ago, lets see.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe potential Perth supporters were just putting in the effort in the past to show the NRL how keen they were . . . only a f**king donkey will chase a carrot on a stick forever

haha, well put. I used to take 8-10 people to games but now undecided if I'll go at all. Hard to invest in something that has no sign of a return.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the big crowds were on the back of a real possibility and hope that we were going to get a perth team. Since it has become clear that isn't going to happen for many many years, if ever, I get a sense of less interest generally in NRL. That and as I said I think there is a general malaise around the game at the moment everywhere and perth is just reflective of that as it is in Sydney and elsewhere.
another two excuses that no one else has ever used before lol

thorson1987

Coach

Dogs played Storm at Adelaide Oval in 2010 (10350) and 2011 (9963).

The crowd in 2010 is the highest crowd for an NRL game in Adelaide not involving the Rams.

The last time they got over 20k to a game was in 1997. The record crowd for Adelaide is also 28884 in 1991 between St George and Balmain.