What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

insert.pause

First Grade
Gotta play these games at the suburban grounds so there are only 15k empty seats instead of 75k...

What's next, play them in backyards so there's a full house in attendance?

I don't blame the club, origin week drowns out everything else, and club games barely get a mention these days at the best of times because we're always talking about off field rubbish. Sydney are apathetic, they just can't be stuffed, so take the games and clubs somewhere else.

Diesel

Referee
Let's hope the new Origin schedule for 2018 works better for clubs.

Fans have tuned out over the past 5 years (and maybe longer) during this period.

Billythekid

First Grade
We bang on about it every year but origin needs to be a standalone. It drowns out the rest of the comp for almost 2 months.

The pre game for the tigers vs Titans was pretty much all about origin and during the week you'd be lucky to have known the match was on. Then there is the fact that players are missing due to origin or backing up.

If the club games are treated as second rate and basically ignored in the media and marketing why should fans be expected to show up in big numbers.

Give origin it's own 3-4 week period. Drown out all the media and have basic wall to wall coverage of origin hyping it to all hell. Bugger off the bye weeks where everyone loses interest. At the end of the origin period you talk about the return of the NRL and the run to the finals.

It's frustrating because origin has been screwing the season for it feels like as long as I've been watching and nothing ever changes. Every year we get the origin slump. We need the people running the game to grow some balls and make some actual changes. Having 1 game on a Sunday doesn't really change anything.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL people are expressing shock that only 7k rocked up for a 16th v 14th game where both got smashed last start, it was 8 degrees and the 14th placed away side was from another state?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
LOL people are expressing shock that only 7k rocked up for a 16th v 14th game where both got smashed last start, it was 8 degrees and the 14th placed away side was from another state?

1 degree warmer at paddington / moore park. and essendon is from interstate..

oh and both teams are outside 8.. got 5 times cambo crowd

u as a massive collingwood fan would know this,

Billythekid

First Grade

I'm not shocked at all, I'm talking more generally. Still 7K is hardly a decent crowd regardless of the circumstances. Crowds like that will always get a strong reaction and regardless of the reason it's not a good look for the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
6,891@Campbelltown
Ouch!

western sydney club (the supposed heart of the game) in a reasonable time slot on areasonable night. Deary me, the nrl needs to get its sht together and reinvigorate the game in that city.
Surely fans would know this game was on and not be relying on media to tell them?

El Diablo

Post Whore
1 degree warmer at paddington / moore park. and essendon is from interstate..

oh and both teams are outside 8.. got 5 times cambo crowd

u as a massive collingwood fan would know this,

he's coming out

2015-12-18-1450452809-7758422-bigstockAManHidingintheCloset61147637.jpg