What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith 14,819 as at Tuesday afternoon. 6% increase on the same day last year.

Membership team is getting hammered with requests at the moment.

Will try and get another update next week.

taipan

Referee
Penrith 14,819 as at Tuesday afternoon. 6% increase on the same day last year.

Membership team is getting hammered with requests at the moment.

Will try and get another update next week.

Great stuff.Being a pedantic pr*ck ,why can't they bring their counter up to date?That has been stuck on 10,713 since Wally Lewis retired.

PaulyTom

Juniors
One question I have is why hasn't all these increases in membership over the past 5 years translated into increased crowd attendance?

In fact crowd averages have declined but membership have increased considerably.

adamkungl

Immortal
One question I have is why hasn't all these increases in membership over the past 5 years translated into increased crowd attendance?

In fact crowd averages have declined but membership have increased considerably.

Because scheduling has got progressively worse, lame rule changes have been poorly received, and some of the more popular teams have anchored themselves to the bottom of the table.

Or perhaps the people buying memberships were just the people who go to games most weeks anyway, so effectively it's still the same people going they're just buying their tickets in the preseason.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Penrith were 15,962 yesterday.

New membership forms from Sunday and Monday haven't been processed yet. So should pass 16,000 today.

Thanks Daz

Is it really that hard to update the counter on the website though? I mean surely it's doesn't take a full time web developer to update one tiny aspect of a website?

Because scheduling has got progressively worse, lame rule changes have been poorly received, and some of the more popular teams have anchored themselves to the bottom of the table.

Or perhaps the people buying memberships were just the people who go to games most weeks anyway, so effectively it's still the same people going they're just buying their tickets in the preseason.

the scheduling is dud. I think that's the main issue

Perth Red

Post Whore

Because they are not full memberships

PaulyTom

Juniors
So there is no relationship to having strong membership and attendances?

Maybe there is a link between membership and dwindling attendances? Casual fans borrow their member mates season tickets rather than buying game tickets .

Perth Red

Post Whore

Because they are not full memberships
For all clubs bar South Sydney, St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers, ticketed memberships make up the bulk of the numbers.

Source? And are we talking one game, three game or full? Big difference when asking the question why memberships are not translating to attendances.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So there is no relationship to having strong membership and attendances?

Maybe there is a link between membership and dwindling attendances? Casual fans borrow their member mates season tickets rather than buying game tickets .

Members are including in the crowd attendance so matters not if they paid to get in or used a membership pass to get in.

taipan

Referee
I though the numbers were based on the turnstile barcode check.I missed out on a game this year as a season holder, being a tight a*se did not lend my membership card out, else I'd be playing mate favourites.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh I meant if you borrowed a mates membership to go to a game or pay at the gate your still counted. He was suggesting borrowing memberships may be a reason attendances haven't grown but that wouldn't make any difference.