What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Origin I - QLD 4-28 NSW @ Suncorp

Game I: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
I assume Roosters fans love Pearce because he's led them to so many premierships.

Or is it because when they make the finals he turns to shit when the pressure gets turned up?
FFS. A staggering amount of fail.

Both Pearce and Carney led us to a GF in 2010. Pearce led us to a Premiership in 2013. He was outstanding in the 2014 finals series - our best by far. And he was injured in 2015.

So when has he failed to turn up in the finals? He's done more in finals footy over the last 7 seasons than Thurston who has a Premiership but nothing else to his name!

A truly staggering, STAGGERING amount of fail in one post. Congrats.

Cockosh

Juniors
I assume Roosters fans love Pearce because he's led them to so many premierships.

Or is it because when they make the finals he turns to shit when the pressure gets turned up?
He led us to one gf victory. He went into prelim vs broncos in 2015 not having played for a few weeks with hammy and went off at half time after injuring again. Against souffs in the 2014 prelim he was arguably best on field particularly in the first half.
He steered us to the gf in 2013. We made a gf in 2010. Hey may have been a dud at origin but has never choked in big games for us. How many premierships have your halves led you too?

Cockosh

Juniors
FFS. A staggering amount of fail.

Both Pearce and Carney led us to a GF in 2010. Pearce led us to a Premiership in 2013. He was outstanding in the 2014 finals series - our best by far. And he was injured in 2015.

So when has he failed to turn up in the finals? He's done more in finals footy over the last 7 seasons than Thurston who has a Premiership but nothing else to his name!

A truly staggering, STAGGERING amount of fail in one post. Congrats.
Beat me to it

Cockosh

Juniors
The media love him because he is a walking headline. He's on the farging back page all the time. They are waiting for him to redeem himself and are quick to trump up anytime he might have a good game.

Gus said before he went off that he was having a wow of a game. Come on. On no ones terms was he having that. Fifita and ted yes.

Most people thought he was average. Roosters fan think he was pretty good. Fine. Saying he was the best half on the park is laughable
To be fair all the halves were average. Are you saying he was worse than Milford or Cronk ? I'm a massive Maloney fan but even he put in two very ordinary kicks. I thought he and Pearce were on par.

big hit!

Bench
that NSW try at the end of the first half had two forward passes in it.

Graham inside to Tedesco, and then Tedesco to Pearce. it was pretty obvious live and the replays show the same.

myrrh ken

First Grade
that NSW try at the end of the first half had two forward passes in it.

Graham inside to Tedesco, and then Tedesco to Pearce. it was pretty obvious live and the replays show the same.

The last one was def borderline. It goes to that old debate about whether backwards from the hands is enough to negate floating significantly forward.

I reckon in many cases its just whether the ref thinks it floats too far forward or the passer didnt try hard enough to make it go backwards they will intervene.

in technical terms though, it was fine.

OldPanther

Coach
Hilarious. So Pearce also got tacked 5-10m from the line when he ran the ball but because no one scored from dummy half somehow it proved that jack bird did more than Pearce. Hahaha wow.

Yes actually. The argument about his running game has been put forward so it's perfectly relevant to mention it.

Cockosh

Juniors
There's no argument. Pearce is shit at anything other than regular club game level.
I haven't necessarily disagreed with this over the years but he was ok the other night. That's what we are taking about. Oh well guess he will be there till someone better comes along.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol. I'm guessing Tommy is the little white dog and Cockish is the chick in the yellow dress.
Wow I didn't expect you to surrender so meekly.

You've been destroyed with the whole "Pearce is shit in finals" argument.

But rather than pick yourself up and go again you chose the 'misdirection with a shit joke' path. The Panthers fans love it but it's no less a sign of defeat.

Valheru

Coach
Talking out of your ass.

This game is NSW vs QLD. Clubs dont matter here. NSW fans want their team to win. Simple as that. Pearce makes the odds at winning far less likely.

In a Roosters fans opinion their club halfback was good. Everyone else saw him have very little effect on the game as usual and watched NSW pile on points quickly once he left. That final 30 minutes was the best all round display by the blues in a decade. Defence was incredible and we have never scored points so quickly and easily as we did then.

We are happy to win. If Pearce suddenly stopped being shit at Origin and could win us a few series everyone would be behind him 100%.

No one has issue with Cordner being in the team. Or being captain. Because unlike Pearce he hasnt let us down. The clubs these teams play for are irrelevant. Roosters and Panthers have nothing to do with it. Pearce being a shit Origin player is the sole reason he cops it.

What an absolute load of rubbish.

The reaction to Pearce on social media has actually been pretty kind, it is only here that the haters are in full force.

You have continuously pointed to the 3 tries after he left the field and each time you have been told the circumstances of the tries (the first 2 in particular) means they would have been scored with Pearce on the field. You know this to be true but you are so desperate to hate the bloke you won't recognise it.

In the last 20, NSW actually looked directionless, another fact you know to be true as QLD had the run of play and nearly scored 4 times. Full credit to the players who dug in and defended well. Of course, you somehow draw the conclusion that they wouldn't have defended as well if Pearce was on the field.

At the end of the day what you think is irrelevant anyways, anyone with an objective opinion will say he played his part well and he will be there for the next few years which is a fact you will have to accept.

The meltdown has been glorious to witness though.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I was happy with Pearce’s selection but I don’t think he played very well. Awesome for the Roosters but still looks like Josh McCrone at Origin level. That’s not an exaggeration either, just like McCrone he sh*ts the bed whenever his Plan A gets shut down. Though I think we’re still in a position where there’s no better option at halfback.

Clifferd

Coach
I was watching the game at a pub and literally everyone there was anti Pearce lol. That little nothing grubber he did everyone lost their shit and went "here we go again"

He then put up a nothing bomb which I think Oates caught quite comfortably and then missed a tackle and someone said "ok nice kick and tackle attempt I guess?" And everyone loled

I think the reason everybody bags Pearce is he is legit on Thurston/Cronks level at club football but is probably the worst half ever at origin

So to put it short, a good club player but not a rep player.

ed-grimley

Bench
Yeah that would really devastate NSW fans... who only have issue with him because he has never won us a series and has been the worst Origin half ever.

I hope he goes and wins 10 in a row and becomes the best half the world has ever seen. But realistically any win is on the back of other players. Not him.
RL is a team sport after all - all players live or die on the ability of their team mates to get on top of the opposition. Cronk was put in the novice class behind a badly beaten pack.