What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R18 Sat - Storm 6-22 Eels @ AAMI

Round 18: Storm v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
You don't need to have reffed to know that one of if not the fastest player in the game would have beaten a fat prop to that ball

So? Doesn't mean he scores (if that's the insinuation, I CBF looking back through the thread lol)....maybe Brown gets there just well enough to interfere. Maybe the ball takes a shit bounce.

Lucky not to be penalised and could have been binned without much protest

Saxon

Bench
You've never reffed?
Yeah, I have, and he was deliberately deprived of an opportunity to score. Absolutely worth the bin.
Not a penalty try certainly, but deliberate and took away any chance of competing. Don't have to say he would have got there, just that he was illegally deprived of a legitimate opportunity. There was one given against Melbourne last week for exactly that.

Vee

First Grade
Yeah, I have, and he was deliberately deprived of an opportunity to score. Absolutely worth the bin.
Not a penalty try certainly, but deliberate and took away any chance of competing. Don't have to say he would have got there, just that he was illegally deprived of a legitimate opportunity. There was one given against Melbourne last week for exactly that.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Bazal

Post Whore
I did enjoy Semi putting the smackdown on Semi-lite tonight, all reffing mistakes aside. Been too long since Semi has shown that form. Hopefully he keeps it up for the rest of the year.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Eels should cruise into the 8. We need the Dragons to collapse because the Eels won't this year. It's about time as well, 2009 was the last time they played finals...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Eels should cruise into the 8. We need the Dragons to collapse because the Eels won't this year. It's about time as well, 2009 was the last time they played finals...

I haven't seen their draw so don't know who they play but parra are beating the teams you'd expect them too and losing (generally well) to teams you'd expect them too

hineyrulz

Post Whore
seriously though, when do parra get a tough opponent not missing their origin stars?
We had 6 out ourselves, i know not that same calibre of player but still some handy first graders Mau and Scott especially. Plus we still have HIA Mannah somehow finding his way into the team each week so it's like we are playing with 16.

Clifferd

Coach
We had 6 out ourselves, i know not that same calibre of player but still some handy first graders Mau and Scott especially. Plus we still have HIA Mannah somehow finding his way into the team each week so it's like we are playing with 16.

In all honesty though, having a quick Squizz at eels draw and I can see you guys winning all but 2 (maybe 1, Brisbane in Sydney is very winnable)

So if you don't make the 8 from here would be very disappointing. Parra could be a bit of a dark horse (ala Penrith last year) but I'll reserve judgement until you guys play a good team without selection disruptions

My prediction: Parra finishes 6th

Edit: Just checked you guys are only 1 win outside the 4. No reason why you can't push for a spot there either

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In all honesty though, having a quick Squizz at eels draw and I can see you guys winning all but 2 (maybe 1, Brisbane in Sydney is very winnable)

So if you don't make the 8 from here would be very disappointing. Parra could be a bit of a dark horse (ala Penrith last year) but I'll reserve judgement until you guys play a good team without selection disruptions

My prediction: Parra finishes 6th
Our pack is just got good enough to compete with the top sides.

We should win at least 3 minimum but probably 4 but who knows with us???

The team is improving and we are traveling a damn sight better
than our last 7 seasons of shit.

Clifferd

Coach
Our pack is just got good enough to compete with the top sides.

We should win at least 3 minimum but probably 4 but who knows with us???

The team is improving and we are traveling a damn sight better
than our last 7 seasons of shit.

Couple beefy props short imo. Mannahs good but age has caught up and looks to be set to be in a retiring home soon. Twal could have been the answer, looks a great prospect (young mannah)

Losing Peatsy was a big one. I think if you go back looking from now, he's the player you'd want to keep at all costs.

(But wasn't it between him and Norman?)