What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R26 Sat - Sea Eagles 28-12 Panthers @ Lottoland

Round 26: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
If these two play again next week, which is quite possible, would anyone be confident the result would be repeated? Both teams are so inconsistent.
^ This

To be fair the only consistent team this year is Melbourne.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Replace 5 with 2 and you're right.

Worst 2nd to 8th in NRL history. But please let one of them step up and beat the Storm....

Yeah, at least the Roosters and Broncos have always looked like being there. But yeah it has been a while since 1 team gas been so far in front of second place.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Manly are high on potential in the future. The Turbos are freaks in their own respective positions and still have years to get better

TheFrog

Coach
All I said was I hope we play Manly again next week. A bit of confabulation going on there on your part getting "puffing out the chest" out of that.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Of course we all expect a better effort than what was dished up tonight but if you think about the fact we started the season 2 & 7. It's a big effort just to make the 8. This team is too young and lacking quality leaders, it's pretty amazing they're in the finals at all after the start to the season and being coached by Griffin, so let's not lose all perspective.

The main reason for so much criticism is the media expectations on Penrith, which are completely unjustified for a young squad whose most experienced player is Peter Wallace, an average player at best.

t-ba

Post Whore
We're shit but sixth is so far beyond my wildest dreams at the start of the year.

As long as they don't get hammered in the finals I don't care who they go out.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I find that stat irrelevant tbh. We are having a lucky time of it because of the strength of the roster.

I don't think the roster is that good and that's why it was always laughable us being early season premiership favourites. We can't beat the best teams and that's in part because of Griffin not being a very good coach but also because the side lacks experience and quality leaders. The likes of Wallace, Merrin and Tamou are our most experienced players but they're also too often don't do enough to rally the young guys. It's also why we are usually able to beat teams in the bottom 8 because you can beat those sides on the strength of talent, even without the leadership and coaching.

Look at Melbourne Storm, brilliant coach, brilliant leaders in Smith, Cronk etc and great talent in the backs like Addo Carr, Chambers, Vunivalu etc. That's why they win a lot more games than we do, because we only have part of what we need to be a top team.