What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Fri - Broncos 13-6 Panthers @ Suncorp

Finals Week 2: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So you are blaming the refs before the game has been played.

At least we waited until full-time

Melbourne have 3 of the greatest players to ever play in their spine and quality in key positions elsewhere and they still need to drag the game down into the mud to win a title and the NRL lets them do it. The 2017 premiership is all theirs and you won't see a shred of optimism from me come the off season. The NRL is in a bad place.

pantherz9103

First Grade
After the Eels win tomorrow night then it will just be the top 4 sides from the regular season remaining, 2nd year in a row. Not great for the credibility of the top 8.

Penrith just don't have the smarts to score tries against resilient defences and can't attack properly close to the line because Griffin can't coach attack properly and that's why we aren't a threat. Oh well it was nice to get revenge on Manly last week....

The Panther fan of me from the Elliott era is happy that we can make finals and win the odd one but the fan of me from the Gould and Lang eras misses a team that was talented AND well coached and won gf's.. :(

Pedge1971

First Grade
Melbourne have 3 of the greatest players to ever play in their spine and quality in key positions elsewhere and they still need to drag the game down into the mud to win a title and the NRL lets them do it. The 2017 premiership is all theirs and you won't see a shred of optimism from me come the off season. The NRL is in a bad place.

Wins the game. Sulks. Lol Donkeys..

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I can see a record being broken next week.

The biggest winning margin in an NRL preliminary final is 30 points in 2009.

Strangely enough it was Storm vs Broncos 40 - 10.

And they say history never repeats.

Pedge1971

First Grade
After the Eels win tomorrow night then it will just be the top 4 sides from the regular season remaining, 2nd year in a row. Not great for the credibility of the top 8.

Penrith just don't have the smarts to score tries against resilient defences and can't attack properly close to the line because Griffin can't coach attack properly and that's why we aren't a threat. Oh well it was nice to get revenge on Manly last week....

The Panther fan of me from the Elliott era is happy that we can make finals and win the odd one but the fan of me from the Gould and Lang eras misses a team that was talented AND well coached and won gf's.. :(

Not sure I agree with the 1st paragraph. Every game has been close. You lost by 7 points away in a knock out semi and had your chances. Better team won but Penrith made them work for it.

Good advert for top 8 this year if you ask me. The bottom 4 have lifted well but the best teams are there.

Parra are no certainty tomorrow either!

Spot On

Coach
Just came here to say - James Tamou, what a cat.

You know there are still people who will argue he was awesome for the Cowboys. I'll admit he has some decent games while in NQLD.

But the piss take he has portrayed at Penrith has to end after tonight and so does the job for the merkin who gave him 700K a season. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Can't believe how anyone could justify that decision.

He's a cat. And that is being nice.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
They don't have a top 8 so that teams 5-8 can win the comp. That will happen at some time but it's supposed to be difficult. They have it so that you aren't playing 4 of your 8 games as dead rubbers 3 months out from the finals.

some11

Referee
Slowest rucks of all the finals so far, both teams guilty but I was surprised Blair wasn't binned for sitting on people about three times in the same set.

Shit game of footy and neither team would beat Storm so meh.

Latest posts