What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Top 8 flops

mongoose

Coach
wow i can't believe how many people think Souths will make the 8. They will be fighting it out for the wooden spoon this year. They got nothing

Das Gupta

Juniors
After yesterdays display I am changing one of my selections.
Panthers out. They will be lucky to make it out of the bottom 4 this year. Softest forward display I have seen in years against the Dragons. International forward pack my arse.

coolumsharkie

Referee
wow i can't believe how many people think Souths will make the 8. They will be fighting it out for the wooden spoon this year. They got nothing

Yes they have some real problems already. You can just about draw a line through them already.

footy75

Bench
Panthers out. They will be lucky to make it out of the bottom 4 this year. Softest forward display I have seen in years against the Dragons. International forward pack my arse.

yup i was shocked well

but they will get it together

Clifferd

Coach

Lol Penrith will be fine. Their squad is too good not to be there

Souffs, unfortunately you could probably already draw a line through though for everyone who picked them

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Penrith just might have had one of those days where urgency, energy and concentration go out the window all of a sudden

Basil Brush

Juniors
So after this 1st round, who would you write off.

For me Dogs look absolutely done.

Souths may be done due to injury but I will wait until Reynolds comes back.

I dont rate Manly at all. Their handling and discipline look terrible. I would say it is a sign of a badly coached side.

Panthers will be ok (for the 8).

Too early for any other team

footy75

Bench
Lots of good teams fighting for those 8 spots and it will be very tight

Not sure Souths now, Manly or Dogs will be good enough

Card Shark

Immortal
Panthers out.

Wouldn't surprise me either.

I didn't think too much of it (the Rd 1 loss) but the Cartwright thing might put them further back & they may struggle from there.

Interesting few weeks coming up for them.

nick87

Coach
God the panthers and warriors laid eggs, didn't they?
Very early in the season and means absolutely nothing, haha, but still dreadful performances

The knights as much as it pains me to say showed some serious fight.
Still a terrible football team who don't have a lot of talent yet at least they didn't fold like a deck of cards like they would have last year

Last edited:

Pennies

Juniors
3 Teams all up that made the finals last year but couldn't back it up.
Many were right with the Bulldogs and Tits out but there was a surprise in the Raiders.
Panthers and Cowboys just scrapped in.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I was right with Para rooters in and Dogs out but the rest I was way off.
Bronco's didn't falter and Panthers surprised me with their mid season turn around.