What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
? Don't think you get it PR. I'm certainly relieved it got over 19000. I was advocating $20 tickets for a more impressive showing of the code. 31000 @ $20 would be a chance. Certainly not the staggered pricing that had many adult tickets at $65 or more in other categories. The lowest ticket price was for kids ages up till 12years at $15. A full house is a better look than a 2/3rds full house for overall perception of the code as a popular progressive entity. Remembering you squeemishingly tried to justify the 40000 that turned up to an overpriced world cup final in a 52500 stadium. That is and was not a good look for the code going forward. The full capacity look now brings further interest and respect of the code into the future. The positive perception brings in junior interest and casual fan interest. Something you don't factor in when you advocate high priced tickets for a code aiming to increase its reach and profile.

Leeds don’t give a hoot about if it was a full house, the extra $200k plus in the clubs pockets is far more Important to them.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
It was a good pre season game to watch on tv.
It’s a shame the stinking poms got shafted with the 2 refs before and during the game though.

Bullshit penalties and forward passes turned into points for the storm directly after.

The poor bastards had their backs against the wall enough without that shit.
Cuthbertson for god sake!

To watch that sly f**ker Cameron Smith celebrating like he’d won a final in a real sport made me sick.
So sick I had to rewatch his 2016 grand final losers speech to make me feel better.

That there would be enough to turn poms off coming back for a WCC in future.

I think the people in charge are largely clueless at most things to do with the actual game and fans perspective.

Rip em off Then piss em off

You’re right. Playing against 2 players that within the year have become minor premiers, gf winners, state of origin series winners, World Cup winners and world club champions and one being captain of all those teams. Your right.... backs were definitely against the wall.

If only Cronulla-Sutherland players backs were against the wall and not a syringe. Gallens tweet last night put the cherry on top.

Attachments

• 665B4DA1-243B-4B75-BA98-E6457BA68B3A.jpeg
    665B4DA1-243B-4B75-BA98-E6457BA68B3A.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 21

LeagueXIII

First Grade
AFLX was on also big basketball game across the road, so would have taken a large slice also a nice Friday night in Melbourne so plenty of people out.

azza29

Juniors
Good result @$40ticket avg stallion!
I’d be surprised if that was the actual average, members got a 30% discount during the presale (my cat 1 ticket was $42) and the game has been on heavy nospam20 rotation the past few weeks. Still a solid turnout for a glorified practice match.

OldPanther

Coach
You’re right. Playing against 2 players that within the year have become minor premiers, gf winners, state of origin series winners, World Cup winners and world club champions and one being captain of all those teams. Your right.... backs were definitely against the wall.

If only Cronulla-Sutherland players backs were against the wall and not a syringe. Gallens tweet last night put the cherry on top.

It was a fake haha

Stallion

First Grade
Leeds don’t give a hoot about if it was a full house, the extra $200k plus in the clubs pockets is far more Important to them.

Yes. Agree. However that's a different context. A full house looks so much more attractive and enticing to a neutral observer or half interested fan than a 2/3rds full house. Granted it looked ok and much better than other rival codes but if we are to strive for excellence, the code should aim to fill its venues! It looks better and attracts others to the code that otherwise would have dismissed it as just another sport, when we know it is a supreme football code being held back by various factors . Poor marketing and pricing are two reasons impeding rugby league .

Stallion

First Grade
A couple of sources actually
And if I'm being honest
It looked closer to 16 then 19K

To be honest I openly criticised the ticket pricing however it looked over 19000 from my eye, although had cheaper ticket prices been offered a crowd much higher than that would have been gained.

What kind of crowd will show up at ANZ to see St. George-Illawarra (starring Gareth Widdop, Ben Hunt, James Graham and Nene Macdonald) beat Hull FC, and Wigan to thrash poor old Robbie Farah's South Sydney?

The chance to see Wigan's French gun full back Morgan Escare in the flesh will no doubt increase attendance.

Stallion

First Grade
What kind of crowd will show up at ANZ to see St. George-Illawarra (starring Gareth Widdop, Ben Hunt, James Graham and Nene Macdonald) beat Hull FC, and Wigan to thrash poor old Robbie Farah's South Sydney?

The chance to see Wigan's French gun full back Morgan Escare in the flesh will no doubt increase attendance.

This double header has not been well promoted. So Not expecting much! Will be impressed if over 20000 lob up!

STORM.99/07

Bench
It’s a shame the stinking poms got shafted with the 2 refs before and during the game though.

Bullshit penalties and forward passes turned into points for the storm directly after.

To watch that sly f**ker Cameron Smith celebrating like he’d won a final in a real sport made me sick.
So sick I had to rewatch his 2016 grand final losers speech to make me feel better.

I think the people in charge are largely clueless at most things to do with the actual game and fans perspective.

How did

How did the flakes go in their WCC game???

Latest posts