What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
I think it is worth a mention that Manly opted to play with their dark jersey and shorts on a hotter day than yesterday and any of the days last round and beat a team with a lighter coloured jersey 54 zip! Man up Penrith and Souths.

Yes. I thought Manly might have went for the white coloured strip today. So its a big win that's for sure!

GAZF

First Grade
“Black jerseys are hotter”
Maybe West’s in the 80s but f**k me. These days they’re 2mm thick lycra and have breathing holes everywhere.
Dumb pricks ideas which led to stupid decision for Panthers v Souths
Penrith should have an away uniform that isn't predominantly black. Regardless, Souths have a red jersey that would have contrasted adequately. Match-ups like Saturday's would be completely avoidable if the rules were better enforced.

gzerounian

Juniors
Penrith should have an away uniform that isn't predominantly black. Regardless, Souths have a red jersey that would have contrasted adequately. Match-ups like Saturday's would be completely avoidable if the rules were better enforced.
And the ironic thing is that they would never have allowed that in a grand final. They heavily enforce the rules during a gf.

GAZF

First Grade
Penrith could of worn the alternate strip ?
Good point. I'd prefer that Panthers alt to never see the light of day but it would have provided decent contrast.

The situation would have been avoided entirely if either team had a proper away strip.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Panthers can wear what they want, it's on South Sydney to have an alternative - which they do, the jersey they wore for Charity Shield.

Why that wasn't mandated to be worn is confusing to me. Poor decision from the clubs/NRL.

LineBall

Juniors
I think it is worth a mention that Manly opted to play with their dark jersey and shorts on a hotter day than yesterday and any of the days last round and beat a team with a lighter coloured jersey 54 zip! Man up Penrith and Souths.

Would love Manly to have been playing with white shorts. Both teams would have then looked perfect.

LineBall

Juniors
Their main strip is ok. The alternate (mostly white)strip is a shocker!

I think their main is only OK because their away is so horrid. Their main is quite uninspiring to be honest. Also, what's with the shade of orange they use? The old Balmain Orange looks like it was a completely different shade.

Stallion

First Grade
I think their main is only OK because their away is so horrid. Their main is quite uninspiring to be honest. Also, what's with the shade of orange they use? The old Balmain Orange looks like it was a completely different shade.

Talking to other Tigers fans. They like the main strip and dislike the alternate strip. Thats the common theme.

hellteam

First Grade
Would love Manly to have been playing with white shorts. Both teams would have then looked perfect.

Agreed I'm not a fan of the all maroon look but looks like that's what they are going with permanently this year.

NRL needs to look at always have contrasting shorts/socks for both teams, like NFL, AFL, Premier League,

Penrith can wear their white jersey at home if they want, fine. But if they wore black shorts and socks would have fixed the clash.

gunpk

Juniors
Just wondering, do the NRL referees have any say on kit clashes?
I think in the Premier League the referee can make a side change their kit before kick off if he thinks they clash.

hellteam

First Grade
Is there a reason why Manly started wearing Maroon shorts? They wore their white shorts in the trial match this season

They did it in one game midway through last year and stuck with it.

Maybe they played well in it and are a bit superstitious now

gzerounian

Juniors
They did it in one game midway through last year and stuck with it.

Maybe they played well in it and are a bit superstitious now
I have mentioned before how much of a waste it is to have such a great jersey only to ruin the classic Manly look by wearing maroon shorts. All their membership material has them wearing maroon shorts so unfortunately it is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.