What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Anzac_2018_1024x1024.jpg

I dont mind the subliminated picture. It isnt too jaring, so it fades away if you dont look at it directly.

Id just lose the flowers below the sponsor. They are too much.

Rest looks good though...

gzerounian

Juniors
Could the bulldogs jersey just have the top white section filled in? Is that why it looks so bodgy? Cos I don’t think bulldogs have never actually been 2 vees, but more so one solid one on top?
@gzerounian onto it mate
Ive tried this and it doesnt look good mainly because the vee is too deep and low. Bulldogs vee needs to be high and shallow.

Edit: here it is. Not too bad when you take away the completed joint under the sponsor but still too much blue.

Screenshot_2018-04-20-21-07-58-1.png

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
I know there is no black and white rule but I have always associated Rosemary with Anzac Day and Red Poppy with Rememebrance Day. But for some reason the Red Poppy has overshadowed the Rosemary on Anzac Day in recent years which is a shame. Here is a brief history on both:

In England in 1919,The poppies have blood red flowers and grow naturally in disturbed soil – which meant they bloomed in abundance on Europe's battlefields during World War 1. The British Legion sought an emblem that would honour the dead and help the living. The Red Poppy was adopted as that emblem and since then has been accepted as the Emblem of Remembrance.

Since ancient times this aromatic herb has been believed to have properties to improve the memory. Perhaps because of this, rosemary became an emblem of both fidelity and remembrance in literature and folklore. Traditionally, sprigs of rosemary are worn on Anzac Day. Rosemary has particular significance for Australians, as it is found growing wild on the Gallipoli peninsula.

If the Red Poppy is going to be used as an "emblem" then we need to use it as an emblem i.e. a SINGLE red poppy. Not a big fan of using multiple red poppies.
Less is more in this case in my opinion..not a welcome to Hawaii.

Screenshot_2018-04-20-19-43-28-1.png

greenBV4

Bench
This is the first time Melbourne have worn their away jersey this year even though its their 4th away game. I think this is how the away jersey should be used for all teams, it should be a design/colour dramatically different to the home jersey and only worn by the away team when there is an actual clash

Along with this, "event" jerseys should be kept to the actual round of the "event", where every team wears the event jersey and they are designed so that there is no clash with the team they are scheduled to play for that round

kdalymc

Bench
This is the first time Melbourne have worn their away jersey this year even though its their 4th away game. I think this is how the away jersey should be used for all teams, it should be a design/colour dramatically different to the home jersey and only worn by the away team when there is an actual clash

Along with this, "event" jerseys should be kept to the actual round of the "event", where every team wears the event jersey and they are designed so that there is no clash with the team they are scheduled to play for that round

baffles me why they bailed from their best away jersey yet (besides the yellow) from last year, to this stupid design, and to make it worse last years is pretty much a direct invert of this years home....

that yellow above is f**king beautiful

greenBV4

Bench
Wouldn't have helped against the broncos but at least we know the yellow jersey is on their radar albeit a training jersey. But surely the away could have been a white version of this.
screenshot_2018-04-20-22-27-49-1-png.19317

Love this as an away jersey (without the pink on the bottom)
Every time a picture like this is posted on Facebook, Instagram, etc people ask why we can't buy it anywhere but I've yet to see a response

Zerô

Juniors
Love this as an away jersey (without the pink on the bottom)
Every time a picture like this is posted on Facebook, Instagram, etc people ask why we can't buy it anywhere but I've yet to see a response

Is that fair dinkum purple bleeding up from the bottom of the jersey, or just a trick of the camera?

Stallion

First Grade
Cowboys looking good against Souths

Absolutely. Thought it was Penrith? Another shocking alternate playing strip. The mainly white and green alternate strip from last season was fine. Yet these marketing geniuses do this! ? Incredibly incompetent. Complete lack of respect and common sense.

Perth Red

Post Whore
My wife just walked in and asked how the cowboys were doing! In ESL they use the away jersey to have some fun and get a bit outlandish with flouro colours or totally alternate colours. Nrl clubs should do same.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolutely. Thought it was Penrith? Another shocking alternate playing strip. The mainly white and green alternate strip from last season was fine. Yet these marketing geniuses do this! ? Incredibly incompetent. Complete lack of respect and common sense.
The alternate strip last year (and this year) was gunmetal grey actually. And the NRL deemed it and their main strip a clash so this is the solution.

gzerounian

Juniors
some raiders v souths jerseys from recent times

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 4.01.55 pm.png
BUT....this was last year
Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 4.04.52 pm.png

As Henson Park Hornets said on the previous page:
"That all makes sense but Canberra's lime green doesn't actually clash with Souffs at all, nothing clashes with lime green! I could understand it if the Raiders were wearing the bottle green of the Ozemail days however they're back in the lime so the real need for an alternate jersey at all."

We've seen much worse this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.