What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed-grimley

Bench
1512712709520.jpg;pv1869bf8ce406d711
1512712722030.jpg;pv8c6288ebe7d2886a
They'll only be able to play daylight matches.

juggalo

Juniors
Can anyone with photoshop skills better than me do a mock-up of the Sharks away jersey but with a full V that incorporates that weird O E part of the Opal Solar logo??

Zerô

Juniors
What's your idea of a premium product?

Just curious because I checked out some different sports gear today and they all have different ideas.

NRL- premium- embroided logos, sublimated sponsors
NRL- cheap- all sublimated

AFL- premium- all sublimated
AFL- cheap- all sticker printed

A-League- premium- sublimated/logo patches
A-League- cheap- ??

Super Rugby- premium- all sublimated, rarely sticker printed.
Super Rugby- cheap- N/A

NFL- premium- sticker printed
NFL- cheap- sticker printed

What do folks prefer,?

I live in a place with hard water, so the stickers are no good to me, sublimated seems to last the longest.

Nuke

Staff member
I think fully sublimated is the way to go. Sticker / heat-pressed patches are crap. After a few years they start to crack and flake away. And they feel cheap and horrible. I love the old cotton jerseys with the sewn on sponsors and club/comp logos, but in today's environment of polyester jerseys, fully sublimated is most accurate and, for the jersey nerds like us, closer to the on-field product than the embroidered logos.

For mine, if they want to have two price ranges, then they should be done like this:
'Premium' jersey: Fully sublimated with all logos, sponsors, ect.
'Cheaper' option: Fully sublimated with club and competition logos, but no sponsors. (IE: Such as the Best&Less jerseys)

beave

Coach
What's your idea of a premium product?

Just curious because I checked out some different sports gear today and they all have different ideas.

NRL- premium- embroided logos, sublimated sponsors
NRL- cheap- all sublimated

AFL- premium- all sublimated
AFL- cheap- all sticker printed

A-League- premium- sublimated/logo patches
A-League- cheap- ??

Super Rugby- premium- all sublimated, rarely sticker printed.
Super Rugby- cheap- N/A

NFL- premium- sticker printed
NFL- cheap- sticker printed

What do folks prefer,?

I live in a place with hard water, so the stickers are no good to me, sublimated seems to last the longest.

Your NFL comments are incorrect mate. There is 3 levels of jersey- Game, Limited and Elite. The lower level is printed on but the limited and elite everything is sewn on and small logos embroided onto the jersey.

Its funny how the NRL jerseys are embroided on for the normal, cheap is sublaminated but the actual players jerseys ($350) are also all sublaminated..... go figure.

Saint Doc

Coach
Just wear a Steelers jersey FFS.

Coming from you guys that’s a bit rich. We’ll wear that when you guys stick to the 1995 jersey and never change. But that won’t happen and neither will the Steelers strip being a permanent away.
It’s not commercially good business to have 2 jerseys that never change.
As I’ve said a million times, if the Steelers were still here they would have changed their jersey by now.
We’ve worn a Steelers like jersey last 2 years. But the joint venture has now existed longer than the Steelers did. No point hanging on to history for the sake of it.
This jersey looks good IMO.

beave

Coach
Coming from you guys that’s a bit rich. We’ll wear that when you guys stick to the 1995 jersey and never change. But that won’t happen and neither will the Steelers strip being a permanent away.
It’s not commercially good business to have 2 jerseys that never change.
As I’ve said a million times, if the Steelers were still here they would have changed their jersey by now.
We’ve worn a Steelers like jersey last 2 years. But the joint venture has now existed longer than the Steelers did. No point hanging on to history for the sake of it.
This jersey looks good IMO.

Ha, you’re talking to one NQ fan who wishes they never changed from the 1995 at home mate.

Saint Doc

Coach
Ha, you’re talking to one NQ fan who wishes they never changed from the 1995 at home mate.

Haha fair enough. There really is no demand from dragons fans to wear a Steelers jersey. Old St George fans definitely not. Most old Steelers fans have moved on...they last stood alone 20 seasons ago.
I mainly hear calls to bring back the blood and bandages as the away, but not the Steelers jersey.
And most alternates have been predominantly plain red. I suspect this will sell very well

Status
Not open for further replies.