What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2D2

Bench
They had that off brand shite in the 9's recently. Titans did a better job of it but they're still for babies and not adults.
Yeah, but as a marvel nerd, i dont want to see some fake iron man looking shit i want the official shit.
and also go f**k yourself. :)

GAZF

First Grade
It’s been mentioned before, the Titans need to get rid of the cartoonish logo and either go with a Greek mythological titan such as Oceanus (queue the anus jokes)
View attachment 17883

Or a sea serpent

View attachment 17884
So they should replace their cartoonish logo with something that would be spray painted on the side of a panel van? Or, if you cleaned it up to useable standards, it would probably end up looking nearly as cartoonish.

GAZF

First Grade
Yeah, but as a marvel nerd, i dont want to see some fake iron man looking shit i want the official shit.
and also go f**k yourself. :)
As a football design nerd, I don't want to see club identities compromised. Its bad enough with all the sponsors these days. Would you be stoked to see Transformers appearing in the next Xmen movie or would it f**k with the integrity of the product?

And also, have a nice day.

M2D2

Bench
As a football design nerd, I don't want to see club identities compromised. Its bad enough with all the sponsors these days. Would you be stoked to see Transformers appearing in the next Xmen movie or would it f**k with the integrity of the product?

And also, have a nice day.
Club identities compromised by a fun jersey used once a year?
as long as they use the same colours as the IP in question, its perfectly fine. However, there has been a couple where the colours have not matched in the slightest and it makes no sense whatever. Im looking at you Sea Eagles & Wolverine.
As far as transformers/Xmen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Avengers/Transformers
As long as it stays in comics, im fine.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It’s been mentioned before, the Titans need to get rid of the cartoonish logo and either go with a Greek mythological titan such as Oceanus (queue the anus jokes)
View attachment 17883

Or a sea serpent

View attachment 17884
A humpback whale.

Titan size :heavy_check_mark:
Representative of the local area :heavy_check_mark:
Original as f**k :heavy_check_mark:

Then they can have their beloved blue as representing the water etc.

GAZF

First Grade
Club identities compromised by a fun jersey used once a year?
as long as they use the same colours as the IP in question, its perfectly fine. However, there has been a couple where the colours have not matched in the slightest and it makes no sense whatever. Im looking at you Sea Eagles & Wolverine.
As far as transformers/Xmen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Avengers/Transformers
As long as it stays in comics, im fine.
Try half the club's identities compromised by a "fun" jersey used across 2 weeks of the year. Then tack on another 3-5 jerseys for other occasions. The Marvel ones just happen to be the most gratuitous of all the cash grabs. Sell the jerseys to make the money but keep them off the bloody field.

I didn't check your link but I guess I gave a poor example since they are semi-related. What if you were watching the latest Phantom movie and Tim the Toolman Taylor walks on screen and then 50% of the movie is dedicated to the TV show Home Improvement? To me, the absurdity would brighten a dull movie but I'm sure you'd have the shits.

100%green

Juniors
Try half the club's identities compromised by a "fun" jersey used across 2 weeks of the year. Then tack on another 3-5 jerseys for other occasions. The Marvel ones just happen to be the most gratuitous of all the cash grabs. Sell the jerseys to make the money but keep them off the bloody field.

I didn't check your link but I guess I gave a poor example since they are semi-related. What if you were watching the latest Phantom movie and Tim the Toolman Taylor walks on screen and then 50% of the movie is dedicated to the TV show Home Improvement? To me, the absurdity would brighten a dull movie but I'm sure you'd have the shits.

I still say if you don't like it don't buy it. But if clubs cannot get their brand out in 20 odd other maches througout the season then they should sack the front office staff and start again. Event jerseys have been popular and make money for clubs as well as gain coverage with promotional opportunities for clubs.

Not to mention fans then have a choice of what they want to wear. I used to work in a merch shop and there are fans who don't always want to wear just the home jersey they want choice.

M2D2

Bench

The clubs identity is not as compromised as you believe, you just dont like it because you think its childish and a moneygrab, youve already shown your hand.
The clubs identity is not trashed because of a few jerseys. Nobody is thinking now that its the Sydney Spidermen.

Phantom movie. Home improvement. How f**king old are you dude? Do you yell at the local kids to get off your lawn.
I would look at my drink and wonder who spiked it with LSD that has somehow transported me into an alternate timeline when the phantom got more than one movie.

GAZF

First Grade
I still say if you don't like it don't buy it. But if clubs cannot get their brand out in 20 odd other maches througout the season then they should sack the front office staff and start again. Event jerseys have been popular and make money for clubs as well as gain coverage with promotional opportunities for clubs.

Not to mention fans then have a choice of what they want to wear. I used to work in a merch shop and there are fans who don't always want to wear just the home jersey they want choice.

I don't buy it and I wont buy it, but I still have to see it. Regardless of if you think 20 games is adequate, every week a team doesn't wear their jersey is some degree of brand dilution. It also makes the sport as a whole look willing to do anything for money, which may deter certain fans and sponsors that we struggle to get as it is.

I don't have problems with event jerseys, fashion jerseys, etc... that bring additional revenue to clubs. But the balance between long term integrity and the quick buck is way out of whack at the moment. Clubs should be offering these kinds of jerseys and promoting the shit out of them off field and during the pre-season. That way the fans have choice, the club gets (a lesser degree) of exposure, and the money still comes in. Clubs could offer a hundred super duper hero variations each year if the demand is there for them, which would outstrip sales of just one per team.

The clubs identity is not as compromised as you believe, you just dont like it because you think its childish and a moneygrab, youve already shown your hand.
The clubs identity is not trashed because of a few jerseys. Nobody is thinking now that its the Sydney Spidermen.

Phantom movie. Home improvement. How f**king old are you dude? Do you yell at the local kids to get off your lawn.
I would look at my drink and wonder who spiked it with LSD that has somehow transported me into an alternate timeline when the phantom got more than one movie.

You showed your hand when you said you're a Marvel nerd. Is it possible that you would take a side in an argument if the end result is something you specifically like?

No, no-one is thinking "Sydney Spidermen" as opposed to Roosters, but somone might flick the TV on, have no idea who's playing and flick it off because the teams look silly.

And it sounds like you're too young to have a sense of humour... Get off my lawn.

M2D2

Bench
You showed your hand when you said you're a Marvel nerd. Is it possible that you would take a side in an argument if the end result is something you specifically like?

No, no-one is thinking "Sydney Spidermen" as opposed to Roosters, but somone might flick the TV on, have no idea who's playing and flick it off because the teams look silly.

And it sounds like you're too young to have a sense of humour... Get off my lawn.
Its also a result in alot of people buying jerseys and making alot of people happy and it has not affected ratings, sponsors nor brand identity
Oh so youre rationale is someone turning on the TV and not seeing the exact same jersey as always and suddenly its the upside down. As i said before, as long as the colour scheme is correct, thats a stupid thing to be afraid of and thinking it causes damage to the brand. If anything it improves the brand to be associated with a bigger entity.
Jerseys that absolutely f**k the colour scheme, see Knights mining jersey are the only ones that will hurt brand identity

I don't buy it and I wont buy it, but I still have to see it. Regardless of if you think 20 games is adequate, every week a team doesn't wear their jersey is some degree of brand dilution. It also makes the sport as a whole look willing to do anything for money, which may deter certain fans and sponsors that we struggle to get as it is.
Pure unadulterated conjecture.
Stick to your photoshop designs. Its far better than your sense of humour and your baseless ideas on brands.

GAZF

First Grade
Its also a result in alot of people buying jerseys and making alot of people happy and it has not affected ratings, sponsors nor brand identity
Oh so youre rationale is someone turning on the TV and not seeing the exact same jersey as always and suddenly its the upside down. As i said before, as long as the colour scheme is correct, thats a stupid thing to be afraid of and thinking it causes damage to the brand. If anything it improves the brand to be associated with a bigger entity.
Jerseys that absolutely f**k the colour scheme, see Knights mining jersey are the only ones that will hurt brand identity

Pure unadulterated conjecture.
Stick to your photoshop designs. Its far better than your sense of humour and your baseless ideas on brands.
Its more than just not the exact same jersey, many of these designs have one colour in common with the club (usually in the wrong shade), if at all. And with the designs being as busy as they are, there's no space for club design elements to provide differentiation. In fact, the only way to be sure is to check the club logo (requires a close-up shot), or know what your team's sponsors are. Thats fine for you and me, but the casual viewer that sports and TV networks fight over for their patronage might not be up to date on the latest cross promotion.

Conjecture to you but there's sufficient evidence that the NRL lags in certain areas that competitors do well in, particularly with regards to the corporate world

You're certainly letting the insults fly post. Just admit it - I said Marvel jerseys are for babies, which they are, and it rubbed you the wrong way. Then your baby sense of humour didn't get a reference about pop culture in the 90's (as a young child in the 90's, I understood and was able to commit these to memory) which apparently gave you carte blanche to attack my analogy rather than address my reasonably valid point.

If you're going to continue carrying on in such a manner then put your costume on, get your face painted and we'll arrange to have you dropped off at the Maccas playground while us super old adults talk about this topic in a civilised fashion.

And I use MS paint, photoshop is also for babies.

M2D2

Bench
Its more than just not the exact same jersey, many of these designs have one colour in common with the club (usually in the wrong shade), if at all. And with the designs being as busy as they are, there's no space for club design elements to provide differentiation. In fact, the only way to be sure is to check the club logo (requires a close-up shot), or know what your team's sponsors are. Thats fine for you and me, but the casual viewer that sports and TV networks fight over for their patronage might not be up to date on the latest cross promotion.

Conjecture to you but there's sufficient evidence that the NRL lags in certain areas that competitors do well in, particularly with regards to the corporate world

You're certainly letting the insults fly post. Just admit it - I said Marvel jerseys are for babies, which they are, and it rubbed you the wrong way. Then your baby sense of humour didn't get a reference about pop culture in the 90's (as a young child in the 90's, I understood and was able to commit these to memory) which apparently gave you carte blanche to attack my analogy rather than address my reasonably valid point.

If you're going to continue carrying on in such a manner then put your costume on, get your face painted and we'll arrange to have you dropped off at the Maccas playground while us super old adults talk about this topic in a civilised fashion.

And I use MS paint, photoshop is also for babies.
Conjecture. You going back to the "casual viewer" shows that you have no argument beyond you dont like it because you hate anything comic related. As is evident in your hatred of Civil War, one of the best comic book movies in history.
Conjecture. Has nothing to do with branding on the jerseys. Has to deal with the fact rugby league is not the number 1 code in the country and off field issues.
Exactly, You decided to lambast and big note yourself saying anything that is associated to that is babyish like youre a big adult and anybody who likes it is babyish. Funny how all the people i see in said jersey are not only adults, but 30+ year olds who arent ashamed by liking the same thing they always have. You beige f**k.
It was a poor analogy as well as poor point for an old f**k who thinks that becoming an adult is to burn a bridge and salt the earth of what made you, you.
Heres something, Marvel studios, not even Marvel comics. Makes more money from adults. Than any sport in this country ever will. If anything Marvel should be embarrassed to allow their brand be tarnished by this sport, except they dont, because they know its works well for both the sport, the club and themselves.
Something your outdated and pop cultureless vaccum of a world view cant seem to understand, no f**king wonder youre from canberra.
Ill take the mcdonaldland play park over talking to a dickhead who thinks anything associated to comic books is for babies.

And no you dont. You would use a illustrator/photoshop combo.

P.S. The iron fist and hulk(s) canberra jersey was better than your jersey they used.

GAZF

First Grade
Conjecture. You going back to the "casual viewer" shows that you have no argument beyond you dont like it because you hate anything comic related. As is evident in your hatred of Civil War, one of the best comic book movies in history.
Conjecture. Has nothing to do with branding on the jerseys. Has to deal with the fact rugby league is not the number 1 code in the country and off field issues.
Exactly, You decided to lambast and big note yourself saying anything that is associated to that is babyish like youre a big adult and anybody who likes it is babyish. Funny how all the people i see in said jersey are not only adults, but 30+ year olds who arent ashamed by liking the same thing they always have. You beige f**k.
It was a poor analogy as well as poor point for an old f**k who thinks that becoming an adult is to burn a bridge and salt the earth of what made you, you.
Heres something, Marvel studios, not even Marvel comics. Makes more money from adults. Than any sport in this country ever will. If anything Marvel should be embarrassed to allow their brand be tarnished by this sport, except they dont, because they know its works well for both the sport, the club and themselves.
Something your outdated and pop cultureless vaccum of a world view cant seem to understand, no f**king wonder youre from canberra.
Ill take the mcdonaldland play park over talking to a dickhead who thinks anything associated to comic books is for babies.

And no you dont. You would use a illustrator/photoshop combo.

P.S. The iron fist and hulk(s) canberra jersey was better than your jersey they used.
  • You're disregarding my points because they trash something you don't like. My point applies to all event/movie/whatever jerseys. I mentioned that something like this MAY be a factor in certain people/sponsors not hitching their wagon to RL, and that an initiative like this MAY have non-positive effects outside of my personal opinion of how they look. MAY - as in I acknowledge my own conjecture. You just got too excited and and started spouting off as if you'd caught me in a logical trap.
  • The comic/Marvel trashing is tongue in cheek. I don't really know or care about it except for its tacky footprint on my sport. Likewise, I don't care about fans of that stuff, unless they come here to argue the merit of such stuff here, then I'll say my piece.
  • Not bignoting myself. Just expressing an opinion. If anything you're bignoting Marvel's success, but remember that bigger isn't always better.
  • Not from Canberra and I visit there about once a year to watch my team. Pure conjecture on your behalf.
  • I guess you could call me beige.
  • Just because I remember something from the 90's doesn't mean I like it. Assuming a comment about two outdated references could only come from someone who doesn't take in any pop culture is like assuming that someone who likes comics is a baby. More conjecture I say.
  • Don't tell me what I use to make designs
  • The Raiders modified my design, to something roughly of the same quality. However, your call on the Hulk jersey is unadulterated conjecture. May I ask which hulk one you think is better?
  • You're way too emotional to post here. And by here I mean http://www.forums.leagueunlimited.com. You seem to get into a lot of petty arguments such as this one but I bet its always someone else's fault. An offhand comment that's already been repeated a few times in this series of threads has lead to what I can only assume is some type of episode. Learn to take life less seriously, particularly in this community which is dripping in sarcasm and alt accounts.
  • If you'd rather not talk talk to this dickhead then why did you then respond when you could have just went to the playground and bought a 10 pack of nuggies?
  • See how I addressed your points rather than frothing at the mouth?
  • Conjecture.

beave

Coach
RozV4ypfqHYpOJ9sngSCRbxPUC9_o8BtZWFkjyhPZ7Z6YPgew9-1dAgYJb-x1VVG9IxsyUtPRx0OO3JFYw3Mruqp2bxy00f8IbjIACYeo1ViSsTSAVovVPVti9k=w443-h332-nc

Status
Not open for further replies.