What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2D2

Bench
  • You're disregarding my points because they trash something you don't like. My point applies to all event/movie/whatever jerseys. I mentioned that something like this MAY be a factor in certain people/sponsors not hitching their wagon to RL, and that an initiative like this MAY have non-positive effects outside of my personal opinion of how they look. MAY - as in I acknowledge my own conjecture. You just got too excited and and started spouting off as if you'd caught me in a logical trap.
  • The comic/Marvel trashing is tongue in cheek. I don't really know or care about it except for its tacky footprint on my sport. Likewise, I don't care about fans of that stuff, unless they come here to argue the merit of such stuff here, then I'll say my piece.
  • Not bignoting myself. Just expressing an opinion. If anything you're bignoting Marvel's success, but remember that bigger isn't always better.
  • Not from Canberra and I visit there about once a year to watch my team. Pure conjecture on your behalf.
  • I guess you could call me beige.
  • Just because I remember something from the 90's doesn't mean I like it. Assuming a comment about two outdated references could only come from someone who doesn't take in any pop culture is like assuming that someone who likes comics is a baby. More conjecture I say.
  • Don't tell me what I use to make designs
  • The Raiders modified my design, to something roughly of the same quality. However, your call on the Hulk jersey is unadulterated conjecture. May I ask which hulk one you think is better?
  • You're way too emotional to post here. And by here I mean http://www.forums.leagueunlimited.com. You seem to get into a lot of petty arguments such as this one but I bet its always someone else's fault. An offhand comment that's already been repeated a few times in this series of threads has lead to what I can only assume is some type of episode. Learn to take life less seriously, particularly in this community which is dripping in sarcasm and alt accounts.
  • If you'd rather not talk talk to this dickhead then why did you then respond when you could have just went to the playground and bought a 10 pack of nuggies?
  • See how I addressed your points rather than frothing at the mouth?
  • Conjecture.
Its not a factor, infact its probably more likely to get organizations IN with said event/movie/whatever jersys. You saying "May" will not hide the fact. Its not.
Sure it is. After you say its babyish. Oh no. Its just tounge in cheek. Not buying it.
Bigger isnt always better. But the NRL wishes it could it could get the numbers that marvel offers.
So you just have the canberra mindset.
Good.
Didnt assume the outdated reference was who didnt take in new pop culture. Assumed you were old as f**k and couldnt think up anything new and relevant.
I just did. You would not use MSPaint as a professional designer. I should know considering thats what my field is also.
As far as which hulk design is better. Well i know the 2014 one "smashed sales records" for your club to the point it was 35% of youre entire sales( http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ders-add-six-new-jerseys-20141030-11e24l.html) , and its probably a little as its a little more comicbookish than the 2015 one which while being 'more green' it also looks a cheaper design around the abs. Not really conjecture when it out sold yours by a great margin. Id be even surprised if it sold 1 to 100 of the hulk jerseys.
Learn to take life less seriously? You even admitted youre a jersey nerd and you get angry by cross promotion to the point you slander anyone who likes it as babyish. Pot Kettle Black.
See how you went to bullshit arguments, tried to defend "may" and went back to playground jibes and nuggies.

100%green

Juniors
I don't buy it and I wont buy it, but I still have to see it. Regardless of if you think 20 games is adequate, every week a team doesn't wear their jersey is some degree of brand dilution. It also makes the sport as a whole look willing to do anything for money, which may deter certain fans and sponsors that we struggle to get as it is.

I don't have problems with event jerseys, fashion jerseys, etc... that bring additional revenue to clubs. But the balance between long term integrity and the quick buck is way out of whack at the moment. Clubs should be offering these kinds of jerseys and promoting the shit out of them off field and during the pre-season. That way the fans have choice, the club gets (a lesser degree) of exposure, and the money still comes in. Clubs could offer a hundred super duper hero variations each year if the demand is there for them, which would outstrip sales of just one per team.

I can understand how some might think there is a balance issue but I don't agree. However the core stuff that sells are the Jerseys worn on the field...Polo's and winter wear like hoody's and such. Training gear can be hit and miss. What you think will sell can sometimes sit on the rack while something you thought was never going to go can be popular. Again I will say though people often want what the players wear in games and in certain media (Training, Interviews). Training Jerseys which is what catagory your idea would fall into do not sell well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
200_s.gif

GAZF

First Grade
Its not a factor, infact its probably more likely to get organizations IN with said event/movie/whatever jersys. You saying "May" will not hide the fact. Its not.
Sure it is. After you say its babyish. Oh no. Its just tounge in cheek. Not buying it.
Bigger isnt always better. But the NRL wishes it could it could get the numbers that marvel offers.
So you just have the canberra mindset.
Good.
Didnt assume the outdated reference was who didnt take in new pop culture. Assumed you were old as f**k and couldnt think up anything new and relevant.
I just did. You would not use MSPaint as a professional designer. I should know considering thats what my field is also.
As far as which hulk design is better. Well i know the 2014 one "smashed sales records" for your club to the point it was 35% of youre entire sales( http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ders-add-six-new-jerseys-20141030-11e24l.html) , and its probably a little as its a little more comicbookish than the 2015 one which while being 'more green' it also looks a cheaper design around the abs. Not really conjecture when it out sold yours by a great margin. Id be even surprised if it sold 1 to 100 of the hulk jerseys.
Learn to take life less seriously? You even admitted youre a jersey nerd and you get angry by cross promotion to the point you slander anyone who likes it as babyish. Pot Kettle Black.
See how you went to bullshit arguments, tried to defend "may" and went back to playground jibes and nuggies.
We're obviously clogging up the thread with our stoush and I don't have the energy to keep at it. I apologise for the insults to you and your passion, you obiously care a lot about it to fight over it this hard. The insults are in jest but this degree belong in TFC and not here.

Regarding the original argument, agree to disagree? Take my concession however you want.

I can understand how some might think there is a balance issue but I don't agree. However the core stuff that sells are the Jerseys worn on the field...Polo's and winter wear like hoody's and such. Training gear can be hit and miss. What you think will sell can sometimes sit on the rack while something you thought was never going to go can be popular. Again I will say though people often want what the players wear in games and in certain media (Training, Interviews). Training Jerseys which is what catagory your idea would fall into do not sell well.

Appreciate the insight, out. Its a shame that the current market needs the design to be seen on field as the off-field concept has great potential.

M2D2

Bench
We're obviously clogging up the thread with our stoush and I don't have the energy to keep at it. I apologise for the insults to you and your passion, you obiously care a lot about it to fight over it this hard. The insults are in jest but this degree belong in TFC and not here.

Regarding the original argument, agree to disagree? Take my concession however you want.
We are.
I do.
And yes, agree to disagree.

The Great Dane

First Grade
GAZF and people that share his points of view in this regard's dislike of anything that isn't the 'classic look' or 'core brand' of a club has nothing to do with disliking comic books or whatever, it's a simple case of nostalgia, not understanding/liking cross promotion campaigns, and not understanding/liking how the merchandising business works.

They misinterpret their nostalgia for a particular design or design element for a universal symbol or a core piece of symbology of the club that is fragile and must be upheld, and also make the core assumption that because that piece of symbolism is one of the things that attracted them to the club (or the thing that attracted them to the club) that it's the thing that attracts everybody to the club and that if you take that away or change it the club will struggle to attract new people to the club, obviously none of that is the case.

They're people like them in every generation, nostalgic for better times and/or the times of their youth, and who grip on to old designs/brands as the 'true', 'best' or 'classic' looks of clubs as a symbol of those better times.
I vividly remember people like them at multiple clubs throughout the years, for example old boys at Canterbury that hated the Bulldogs branding and were sure that it'd destroy the clubs brand unless they went back to the Berries as quick as possible, etc, but the most ironic one in this case has to be the contingent of old Panthers fans in the early 90s that hated the licorice allsorts jersey and the Panthers brand of the time that people like GAZF today hold up as the Panthers 'best' look, those Panthers fans at the time wanted to go back to their 'unique' and 'classic' chocolate soldiers look, and I'd bet you anything that 10 or so years from now there will be young Panthers/RL fans who will be talking about the 'classic' teal Panthers jerseys.

Realistically there are only an extreme minority of the fan-base that holds these opinions, but once you set up a forum like this that is only visited by the most extreme portions of the fan-base they find each other and start constantly spouting their opinions back and fourth to each other and it quickly becomes an echo chamber and a case of confirmation bias on a small scale, then they start to believe that their ideas and wide held ideas in the fan-base cause they keep getting them repeated to them over and over, and don't realise that though these brands, designs, design elements, logos, whatever, hold extreme importance to them they don't hold as much importance to the wider fan-base and that there are large portions of the fan-base that actually really like one off jerseys and charity jerseys.

some11

Referee
You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas. I’ll bet you couldn’t pour !@#$ out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won’t go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You’re a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You’re a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won’t have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral[size] equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat girl.

On a good day you’re a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lager lout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oink artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey twinkie. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid.

Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid.

You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I’m sorry. I can’t go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don’t have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn’t really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success.

True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us ”normal” people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are ”challenged” persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn’t have been ”right”.

Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

P.S.:
You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-geniused, puerile, clueless, and generally NOT GOOD.

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
GAZF and people that share his points of view in this regard's dislike of anything that isn't the 'classic look' or 'core brand' of a club has nothing to do with disliking comic books or whatever, it's a simple case of nostalgia, not understanding/liking cross promotion campaigns, and not understanding/liking how the merchandising business works.

They misinterpret their nostalgia for a particular design or design element for a universal symbol or a core piece of symbology of the club that is fragile and must be upheld, and also make the core assumption that because that piece of symbolism is one of the things that attracted them to the club (or the thing that attracted them to the club) that it's the thing that attracts everybody to the club and that if you take that away or change it the club will struggle to attract new people to the club, obviously none of that is the case.

They're people like them in every generation, nostalgic for better times and/or the times of their youth, and who grip on to old designs/brands as the 'true', 'best' or 'classic' looks of clubs as a symbol of those better times.
I vividly remember people like them at multiple clubs throughout the years, for example old boys at Canterbury that hated the Bulldogs branding and were sure that it'd destroy the clubs brand unless they went back to the Berries as quick as possible, etc, but the most ironic one in this case has to be the contingent of old Panthers fans in the early 90s that hated the licorice allsorts jersey and the Panthers brand of the time that people like GAZF today hold up as the Panthers 'best' look, those Panthers fans at the time wanted to go back to their 'unique' and 'classic' chocolate soldiers look, and I'd bet you anything that 10 or so years from now there will be young Panthers/RL fans who will be talking about the 'classic' teal Panthers jerseys.

Realistically there are only an extreme minority of the fan-base that holds these opinions, but once you set up a forum like this that is only visited by the most extreme portions of the fan-base they find each other and start constantly spouting their opinions back and fourth to each other and it quickly becomes an echo chamber and a case of confirmation bias on a small scale, then they start to believe that their ideas and wide held ideas in the fan-base cause they keep getting them repeated to them over and over, and don't realise that though these brands, designs, design elements, logos, whatever, hold extreme importance to them they don't hold as much importance to the wider fan-base and that there are large portions of the fan-base that actually really like one off jerseys and charity jerseys.

I agree with large parts of this, particularly that this forum is a bit of an echo chamber.

However personally, I don't think I fit cleanly into the archetype you've described. I think there's a stack of iconic designs from my childhood that were ordinary that many hold dear - licorice all sorts, Henny Penny, Broncos diamonds, Cowboys original jersey, Eels late 90's designs, Sea-Eagles Pepsi design, Sharks diagonal design, most Bears jerseys except for the hoops... I even think the Raiders classic designs should have been done better. A lot of the styles I prefer are from many many years before my time as opposed to the 90's and early 2000's of my youth.

Nostalgia is a small part of my resistance to this kind of stuff its more my preference for adherence to clean design principles (which is kind of why I also like flag design). Keep the main identity clean visually (at least from a distance) and reserve the busy and (imo) gaudy designs for retro/nines/off-field applications. So its the universal principles that hold more water in my case than any individual symbol. When a subjectively ugly design gets posted here, it feels more like a missed opportunity to design something better than the fact it doesn't stick to something I grew up with.

And I don't think this segment is as small as you make it out to be. I hear enough from the circles I associate with that agree with me, and some that don't. Most of these people have a passing interest in the topic at best and would likely fall into the category of nostalgics. But their opinion is still valid, and to dismiss their opinion because it isn't consistent over the decades is not too dissimilar to how some here (including myself) have responded to others, just in the opposite direction.

GAZF

First Grade
You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas. I’ll bet you couldn’t pour !@#$ out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won’t go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You’re a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You’re a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won’t have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral[size] equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat girl.

On a good day you’re a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lager lout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oink artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey twinkie. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid.

You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I’m sorry. I can’t go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don’t have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn’t really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success.

True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us ”normal” people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are ”challenged” persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn’t have been ”right”.

Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

P.S.:
You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-geniused, puerile, clueless, and generally NOT GOOD.
That's your personal opinion and I disagree with it.

M2D2

Bench
However personally, I don't think I fit cleanly into the archetype you've described. I think there's a stack of iconic designs from my childhood that were ordinary that many hold dear - licorice all sorts, Henny Penny, Broncos diamonds, Cowboys original jersey, Eels late 90's designs, Sea-Eagles Pepsi design, Sharks diagonal design, most Bears jerseys except for the hoops... .
tear.gif

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

P.S.:
i fart in your general direction

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Sooo... Who thinks the Roosters should change their name to Bondi Roosters?

I'm usually totally against shrinking a base to just a suburb. But Sydney is too generic given there are 8 1/2 Sydney teams. Eastern Suburbs is old fashioned. Eastern Sydney is meh. Sydney City is moot because that is largely territory of others.

But Bondi... Recognisable location that is fashionable domestic and internationally and means something to people.

Diesel

Referee
Sooo... Who thinks the Roosters should change their name to Bondi Roosters?

I'm usually totally against shrinking a base to just a suburb. But Sydney is too generic given there are 8 1/2 Sydney teams. Eastern Suburbs is old fashioned. Eastern Sydney is meh. Sydney City is moot because that is largely territory of others.

But Bondi... Recognisable location that is fashionable domestic and internationally and means something to people.
Here’s some late night reading for you http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/t...ng-their-name-to-bondi-roosters.349164/page-8

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It’s been mentioned before, the Titans need to get rid of the cartoonish logo and either go with a Greek mythological titan such as Oceanus (queue the anus jokes)
View attachment 17883

Or a sea serpent

View attachment 17884

So they should replace their cartoonish logo with something that would be spray painted on the side of a panel van? Or, if you cleaned it up to useable standards, it would probably end up looking nearly as cartoonish.

In all of the GC iterations, i think they have never topped their original leaping giant....

It would totally fit the Titan name as well give "titans" is a fairly loose concept to play with.
22406132_1456557581064711_3846956293984850937_n.jpg

(I also reckon they should take on Gold Coast-Logan on as their name for a broader appeal and a more working class branding, but thats another debate)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.