What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If the NRL rebranding is true, it may be a semi-kneejerk reaction to the branding approach of the AFLW and (to a lesser extent) the A-League. The UK Premier League has also gone with this approach as well.

Each of these leagues has gone with relatively flat aesthetics that are flexible with colour schemes, which allows for a wider range of applications and the added bonus of better legibility in small formats (i.e. mobile devices). Fox League has been doing something similar for a while now and their graphics package is better for it.

This approach also allows for easier extension of the brand, such as with the Women's and All-Stars logos, where green/gold may not be the best way of standing out from the primary product (NRL). Additional iconography like the All-Stars "star A" and the WNRL "W double V" allows for further distinction as well.

From an outsider's perspective it looks like the NRL wants to be the first major football code with a full brand of this nature by beating the AFL to the punch (sort of).

If this rebrand is to extend to all NRL logos, I'd prefer to see the NRL wordmark stay as-is (even though it could be better) and a downplay of certain elements like the southern cross and a restriction of the double V to the NRL comp, the state leagues, and the Kangaroos so that it isn't overly repetitive.

I wish the clubs would do this....

With the writing and fine detail, the logos are entirely illegible from 10m or more. Make the chest logo just a simple image and make any wordmakes f*ckng huge so it can be read from a long way off.

Saint Doc

Coach

With the writing and fine detail, the logos are entirely illegible from 10m or more. Make the chest logo just a simple image and make any wordmakes f*ckng huge so it can be read from a long way off.

Do you copy and paste this post or do you type the same words out every week?

GAZF

First Grade

Maybe baseball is your game.

Zerô

Juniors
Sorry, bit late to the party,

But up until a few years ago, you could find a Gold Coast Titans teddy bear in Rebel Sport bargain bins that had a teal and orange jersey.

They were made the year before entering the comp, and they were exactly the same as the Titans original jersey, just different colours.

I've only seen them in Rebel for sale though. Just tried to Google a picture but no luck.

It actually looked pretty good

venda.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sorry, bit late to the party,

But up until a few years ago, you could find a Gold Coast Titans teddy bear in Rebel Sport bargain bins that had a teal and orange jersey.

They were made the year before entering the comp, and they were exactly the same as the Titans original jersey, just different colours.

I've only seen them in Rebel for sale though. Just tried to Google a picture but no luck.

It actually looked pretty good

I'd love to see that.

39811565_1807892119264587_3191465544821768192_n.jpg

Obviously not quite the same, but i imagine something like this

Saint Doc

Coach
Was this not at the start of the season and in conjunction with their Tarsha Gale Cup side and WIL jersey?

The logo was released at the start of the season.
I don’t know when the mascot debuted. Its the first picture I’ve seen of it.
Does it matter?

kdalymc

Bench
It was very similar to this

(Not actual image- I've distorted the colours from the original image)

View attachment 22633
:sob: what could have been. Instead we have 15x Eels teams...

BTW- Canberra and the horns- did we come to an answer here? I’m currently in Europe, hitting every Scandi/Nordic country. EVERY shop/tour/pub crawl/mug/ beanie has horns on it... every shirt has horns on it. Every toy you buy has horns. Horns....

thorson1987

Coach
:sob: what could have been. Instead we have 15x Eels teams...

BTW- Canberra and the horns- did we come to an answer here? I’m currently in Europe, hitting every Scandi/Nordic country. EVERY shop/tour/pub crawl/mug/ beanie has horns on it... every shirt has horns on it. Every toy you buy has horns. Horns....

Norway national side.

11329777_475800799245320_8990163220699268613_n.jpg

1374041_384733461685388_7179072615809245722_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.