What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I enjoy these kind of threads as it doesn't make me wanna slit my wrists with all the depressing talk.

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Dragons
5. Sharks
6. Eels
7. Penrith
8. Souths
9. Tigers
10. Broncos
11. Bulldogs
12. Manly
13. Canberra
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

1-14 all have a chance at the 8. I have the tigers only just missing out after a late run of wins with starting out rough.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll figure mine out in the next few days.

For Souths though I'll say:

11th. (I hope it's better)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I enjoy these kind of threads as it doesn't make me wanna slit my wrists with all the depressing talk.

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Dragons
5. Sharks
6. Eels
7. Penrith
8. Souths
9. Tigers
10. Broncos
11. Bulldogs
12. Manly
13. Canberra
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

1-14 all have a chance at the 8. I have the tigers only just missing out after a late run of wins with starting out rough.
Actually I'll do mine now:

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Dragons
4. Cowboys
5. Sharks
6. Panthers
7. Eels
8. Canberra
9. Broncos
10. Manly
11. Souths
12. Tigers
13. Bulldogs
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Actually I'll do mine now:

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Dragons
4. Cowboys
5. Sharks
6. Panthers
7. Eels
8. Canberra
9. Broncos
10. Manly
11. Souths
12. Tigers
13. Bulldogs
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

I think top 3 and bottom 3 are almost certain to be there.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I really hope we do better......

We need a miracle....

Tbh I think we have to do a lot better if wanna keep Crichton interested in staying at Souths and in league in general. So I'm gonna bank on us doing better. It's much easier to be optimistic R20 join the club.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tbh I think we have to do a lot better if wanna keep Crichton interested in staying at Souths and in league in general. So I'm gonna bank on us doing better. It's much easier to be optimistic R20 join the club.
I tried that moreso the last couple of seasons and it didn't work out....

I'm choosing realism.....

rabbitohs95

Bench
I hate predicting ladders specifically because they never come off so I'll just go with rough predictions

Broncos: On the fringe of the 8 and I honestly think they could slide with their weakened squad.

Bulldogs: Got some decent signings in Foran and Woods but I'm not sure if they're top 8 material yet.

Raiders: I think they'll remain on the fringe of the 8 unless Ricky can reinvent themselves but they haven't made any significant changes.

Sharks: Similarly to the Broncos I think they'll slide a bit but I think they'll still make the 8.

Titans: Can't see them making the 8 especially with the Hayne factor but Brennan could breath life into them once again.

Sea Eagles: I think they can improve on 2017 and possibly make the 4. Won't miss the finals.

Storm: Will still make the top 4 or at least the top 8. Don't know if they can go back to back though.

Knights: Have made some significant changes but I don't know if it's enough to make the 8 but will challenge throughout the season.

Warriors: Have made some interesting signings and will challenge for the 8 but who knows what will happen. Could come 1st or 16th.

Cowboys: I think they will make the 4 being Thurston's last year, they won't miss him during Origin and they're getting McLean and Morgan is going into career best form.

Eels: Bit of a make or break season for the Eels. Could continue their ways and improve but could go the way of the Raiders of 2016 and capitulate. Still have them in my 8 though.

Panthers: No significant signings but they have a capable squad. Very unpredictable they could come 12th or 5th.

Rabbitohs: We've got the squad capable of making the 8 but there are a lot of quality sides in front of us. Would be special if we made the finals.

Dragons: I think they'll be the dark horses with Graham and Hunt on board. Bit of a surprise but 4 for mine.

Roosters: Very well should take out the comp but we know what happens when the Roosters have pressure on them; they crumble hard. Will make the top 4 though.

Tigers: Have made significant signings and have made positive changes but I don't know if it's enough to make the 8. Will be a feelgood story if they do though.

ouryear

Juniors

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Dragons
5. Sharks
6. Eels
7. Penrith
8. Souths
9. Tigers
10. Broncos
11. Bulldogs
12. Manly
13. Canberra
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Titans

You guys are much more positive about the dragons chances than we are.
You guys would make great fans, not like us negative bunch.

I hope souths go really well guys.
Some big positives are there.

rabbitohs95

Bench

Thanks mate. I think Saints have a strong side for 2018, a really well rounded squad.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

It's because you guys hate your coach but I definitely don't think he's the problem. The team f**ked itself. Just look at the Souths game last year. You guys will click this year and fire. I mean how the f**k are you supposed to make the top 8 with Josh Mccrone and Benji Marshall?

If your forward pack plays like it did last year you guys are underdogs for the premiership honestly. If we can't take out the roosters I hope you guys do :)

rabbitohs95

Bench
It's because you guys hate your coach but I definitely don't think he's the problem. The team f**ked itself. Just look at the Souths game last year. You guys will click this year and fire. I mean how the f**k are you supposed to make the top 8 with Josh Mccrone and Benji Marshall?

If your forward pack plays like it did last year you guys are underdogs for the premiership honestly. If we can't take out the roosters I hope you guys do :)
Seconded. I await the year(s) that Souths and St George vye for top spot again. Already got to see us go toe-to-toe with Manly, Roosters and Bulldogs, now time for the Rabbitohs and Dragons to dominate.

Now THAT would be a Grand Final to end all Grand Finals.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Seconded. I await the year(s) that Souths and St George vye for top spot again. Already got to see us go toe-to-toe with Manly, Roosters and Bulldogs, now time for the Rabbitohs and Dragons to dominate.

Now THAT would be a Grand Final to end all Grand Finals.

Couldn't agree more. League is best when Saints and Souths are at the top. I hate all the top 4 teams from last year. Choosing a side to back is like choosing between chlamydia and gonnorrhea. At least if Saints or Bulldogs were up there I'd back them. Although I don't mind parra either.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Couldn't agree more. League is best when Saints and Souths are at the top. I hate all the top 4 teams from last year. Choosing a side to back is like choosing between chlamydia and gonnorrhea. At least if Saints or Bulldogs were up there I'd back them. Although I don't mind parra either.
Agreed. I respect our rivalries with the Dragons and Dogs as they haven't pillaged through Souths ranks at any point in history, in fact they were there for us when we were threatened with extinction; while Manly and Easts were laughing at us, or in the case of the latter, trying to buy us out.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can't stand St George...

I despise them........

Always have......

Rabbits20

Immortal

You guys should be top 4.

Solid in the backs.

Very good in the halves.

Great in the forwards with

Vaughan
Graham
Frizell
Thompson
De Belin

Ah Mau is a machine off the bench....

I had high hopes for Souths these past two years and now I'm taking the realistic approach....

We have quantity but most of it isn't quality..... bunch of park footballers and young ones who are not ready and some are just out of their depth....

2019 we will be much better...

11th I have us for next season....... (I hope it's better)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Agreed. I respect our rivalries with the Dragons and Dogs as they haven't pillaged through Souths ranks at any point in history, in fact they were there for us when we were threatened with extinction; while Manly and Easts were laughing at us, or in the case of the latter, trying to buy us out.

It just makes the rivalry between Souths and Easts even better. If there's 1 team I want to beat every year it's those Bondi princesses. I can't wait until Uncle Nick retires.

I can't stand St George...

I despise them........

Always have......

I have a lot of friends that follow St George so I don't mind them at all. A lot of Saints supporters that I know marched for Souths. If Souths or Saints go extinct rugby league loses a major part of its history and soul. I hate to say it but it's also the same if we lost a team like the roosters. Whereas if a team like Gold Coast or North Queensland was booted nobody would shed a tear.