What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sportsbet 2018 grand final winner odds.

1. Sydney Roosters $5
2. Melbourne Storm $6
3. Cowboys $7
4. Brisbane Broncos $12
5. Raiders, Sharks, Eels, Panthers and Souths $13
10. Manly Sea Eagles $15
11. St George Illawarra $21
12. Bulldogs $34
13. Newcastle Knights $41
14. Titans, Warriors and Tigers $51

Sportsbet 2018 top 8 finish odds

1. Sydney Roosters 1.25
2. Melbourne Storm 1.30
3. Cowboys 1.35
4. Brisbane Broncos, Parramatta Eels 1.50
6. Penrith Panthers 1.60
7. Raiders, Sea Eagles 1.65
9. Souths, Sharks 1.70
11. Dragons 2.00
12. Bulldogs 3.00
13. Titans, Warriors and Knights 3.50
16. Tigers 5.00

I thought this was pretty interesting. Sportsbet has us as equal 5th for grand final winners and equal 9th for a top 8 spot.

https://m.sportsbet.com.au/#/betting/rugby-league/nrl/Top-8-Finish-2018-3646358.html

https://m.sportsbet.com.au/#/betting/rugby-league/nrl/2018-Grand-Final-Winner-3596287.html

The majority of people who are willing to place money on their opinions place Souths at around 9th for next season.
How are we $13???

I'd have us at $34

Dragons should be higher than us..

I know it'd hurt if we finished 9th and it'd be a case of so close yet so far..... but I'd take that......... then look to really place ourselves up there for 2019.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How are we $13???

I'd have us at $34

I know it'd hurt if we finished 9th and it'd be a case of so close yet so far..... but I'd take that......... then look to really place ourselves up there for 2019.....

I'm telling you it's Madge leaving. A lot of people thought he was holding Souths back. I mean we have the players to be in the top 8 but the past 2 seasons they've just been down on form. A lot of people believe it's madge's fault they were so poor. Let's wait and see. I'd be stoked with a top 8 finish.

Curns13

Juniors
How are we $13???

I'd have us at $34

I agree with that. If the George, Reyno and GI play like 2014 we could be top 4, if we have a few crucial injuries we could be 13th. I think we’ll end up in the 8-10 range. 5th to 8th in 2019 and premiership contenders in 2020.

Also, Cowboys should be favourites I reckon. Look how good they went this year and they basically gain JT, Scott and McLean. They have the best forward pack in the comp by a long way.

Last prediction, Storm to finish outside the top 4. No Cronk, no McLean, no Harris. Next year is a transition year for them. Top 4 2019 again.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm telling you it's Madge leaving. A lot of people thought he was holding Souths back. I mean we have the players to be in the top 8 but the past 2 seasons they've just been down on form. A lot of people believe it's madge's fault they were so poor. Let's wait and see. I'd be stoked with a top 8 finish.
A couple of injuries to very injury prone high profile players and it's going to be very very tough.....,

Seibs is a rookie too...... unproven at this high level....

He failed being our defensive coach last season.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree with that. If the George, Reyno and GI play like 2014 we could be top 4, if we have a few crucial injuries we could be 13th. I think we’ll end up in the 8-10 range. 5th to 8th in 2019 and premiership contenders in 2020.

Also, Cowboys should be favourites I reckon. Look how good they went this year and they basically gain JT, Scott and McLean. They have the best forward pack in the comp by a long way.

Last prediction, Storm to finish outside the top 4. No Cronk, no McLean, no Harris. Next year is a transition year for them. Top 4 2019 again.
Bold bold predictions there....

Pommy

Coach
How are we $13???

I'd have us at $34

Kicks off when others tip other teams.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A couple of injuries to very injury prone high profile players and it's going to be very very tough.....,

Seibs is a rookie too...... unproven at this high level....

He failed being our defensive coach last season.....

GI gets injured Arthars slots in, Reynolds gets injured Tracey, Hawkins and Doueihi slide in. When was the last time we had backup players like we currently do? Tracey might even do a better job than Reynolds did in 2017.

Inexperience means very little as a coach when he's been understudying very good coaches in the past. There's plenty of shit, experienced coaches out there. Exhibit A: Ricky Stuart.

On a side note Souths released an article saying that even though Arthars is eligible to play U20's we are fasttracking his development by putting him in NSW Cup.

Rabbits20

Immortal
GI gets injured Arthars slots in, Reynolds gets injured Tracey, Hawkins and Doueihi slide in. When was the last time we had backup players like we currently do? Tracey might even do a better job than Reynolds did in 2017.

Inexperience means very little as a coach when he's been understudying very good coaches in the past. There's plenty of shit, experienced coaches out there. Exhibit A: Ricky Stuart.

On a side note Souths released an article saying that even though Arthars is eligible to play U20's we are fasttracking his development by putting him in NSW Cup.
Arthars is an unknown..... mightn't be ready...

Doueihi is a positive....

Hawkins is still very young.

Tracey has been out of the game 2 years and is a big big unknown....

Itsamansgame

Juniors

When stating when was the last time we have back up like we currently have,you do realise that the 4 players you have mentioned have never played a first grade game.
It's my opinion that when you say you have capable backup,it's players who have already been proven at first grade level not on potential.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Arthars is an unknown..... mightn't be ready...

Doueihi is a positive....

Hawkins is still very young.

Tracey has been out of the game 2 years and is a big big unknown....
Arthars played QLD Cup last year so he's on the right track.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
When stating when was the last time we have back up like we currently have,you do realise that the 4 players you have mentioned have never played a first grade game.
It's my opinion that when you say you have capable backup,it's players who have already been proven at first grade level not on potential.

Doueihi is an international player.

Arthars was one of the best players in NYC in 2016

Tracey was an Australian schoolboy and the next big thing at Cronulla before we stole him.

I stand by my statement.

Travitoh

First Grade
Rough prediction, injuries and form will naturally effect how it finishes.

Top 4

Penrith
Easts
Nth Qld

Top 8/finals contenders
Melbourne
Parramatta
Brisbane
Canterbury
Cronulla
Souths
St George
Manly

Also rans
Wests
Canberra
NZ
Newcastle
Gold Coast

Outside of the top 3, it will be an open competition i believe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rough prediction, injuries and form will naturally effect how it finishes.

Top 4

Penrith
Easts
Nth Qld

Top 8/finals contenders
Melbourne
Parramatta
Brisbane
Canterbury
Cronulla
Souths
St George
Manly

Also rans
Wests
Canberra
NZ
Newcastle
Gold Coast

Outside of the top 3, it will be an open competition i believe.
I have us in about 11th.

Thadius

Juniors
Easts look morals.
Storm to play them in the GF. Croft will be very good at half.
Cows will be up there.
Probably Parramatta or Brisbane next.

Souths to improve and finish 10th.

Gold Coast and Tigers to fight out the Spoon.